• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I am catagorically not defending OCUK, but equally I'm not a fan of the other sites information which appears to cause some people the belief that they are conveying more information than is actually there.

OCUK are obtaining some cards from EU distribution and others direct from the far East, this might account for the difference in the arrivals of product. I would say that it appears Gibbo is neither chasing these deliveries hard enough, or often enough with 6 weeks going between communication with one vendor.

You can’t stop people from seeing something that isn’t there. I don’t read it that way personally, but there’s no accounting for others I guess.

I much prefer the other sites information, because it is clear enough to be useful to me to understand the whole a little more clearly. Would a model by model list be better? Absolutely.

You’ll get no argument from me on the second paragraph you wrote.

If nothing else I hope this I used as an object lesson in why a professional community manager is worth their money, rather than lumbering the poor buyer with it. I do feel sorry for old Gibbo at times I must say, they threw him under the bus on this one.

Associate
No matter what way you look at it, they are giving more info than OC. I know more about the MSI situation from them - in fact it's the first place I check for new info, even though my order is here.
And from a business perspective, public perception of your business is more important than the reality, and in that regard there is no doubt that they are doing a much better job.

Associate
You can’t stop people from seeing something that isn’t there. I don’t read it that way personally, but there’s no accounting for others I guess.

I much prefer the other sites information, because it is clear enough to be useful to me to understand the whole a little more clearly. Would a model by model list be better? Absolutely.

You’ll get no argument from me on the second paragraph you wrote.

If nothing else I hope this I used as an object lesson in why a professional community manager is worth their money, rather than lumbering the poor buyer with it. I do feel sorry for old Gibbo at times I must say, they threw him under the bus on this one.

I do from contact understand that the other company took on extra staff to cope with the extra workload they knew was comming from a slew of product launches which would require more man hours to deal with. I don't believe OCUK took on any extra staff and just expected the existing ones to cope with the higher workload, and all in the middle of a nationwide lockdown as well! No wonder they are failing to perform as customers might expect.

Associate
Lets also not forget when talking about lack of info that Gibbo literally said "I'm not gonna tell you about gigabyte cards anymore while also not giving GIGA-MAN a platform to provide the info, you'll have to just dig it out of the 1200+ page thread if you want that info"

It'd literally take 5 mins for giga-man to DM gibbo that info instead to get a thread update, or maybe 10 mins to just give giga-man permission to post in gibbo's thread. Honestly at this point it feels like OCUK want to make information hard to get, it feels intentional. And I think it's because they want the early orders to cancel because they're losing money on them.

Everything I have seen points to that. They want us to cancel our orders if we got in early. I can't see any other explanation

Associate
Lets also not forget when talking about lack of info that Gibbo literally said "I'm not gonna tell you about gigabyte cards anymore while also not giving GIGA-MAN a platform to provide the info, you'll have to just dig it out of the 1200+ page thread if you want that info"

Seems legit

It'd literally take 5 mins for giga-man to DM gibbo that info instead to get a thread update, or maybe 10 mins to just give giga-man permission to post in gibbo's thread. Honestly at this point it feels like OCUK want to make information hard to get, it feels intentional. And I think it's because they want the early orders to cancel because they're losing money on them.

Everything I have seen points to that. They want us to cancel our orders if we got in early. I can't see any other explanation

Associate

Who knows you could read the statement two ways, I do know GIGA-MAN is genuinely doing his best with what he has to work with and is just a top bloke, the problems are far above where he sits.
And im saying that as an Aorus fan let down with no delivery. The 3080 aint the horse to back at this point, grab an AMD card or if you dont want AMD wait till Q1 and see what the Ti brings.

Associate

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

Associate
The 3080 aint the horse to back at this point, grab an AMD card or if you dont want AMD wait till Q1 and see what the Ti brings.
I don't think any horse is the one to back right now. AMD is not going to do any better than nvidia I expect AMD to be out of stock for 3-6 months just like nvidia and you can guarantee the 60,70 and 80ti will be out of stock for 3 months at least. I've all but paid off my cc from ordering a 80 strix. Might order a 90 and cancel the 80 at least there's stock

Associate

@Gibbo cuffed the updates nicely to @GIGA-Man when he shouldn't have, this was unfair given the circumstances and sums up his attitude to customers. He is a rep but I spent my money with OCUK, it's Wednesday now and shipments are due elsewhere today and tomorrow and we still don't have a clue about that this week. I hope this whole mess loses OCUK lots of future revenue so they take notice. Money is the only thing they clearly care about so hitting their bottom line might make them get their act together...They don't deserve the business...

Associate
Who knows you could read the statement two ways, I do know GIGA-MAN is genuinely doing his best with what he has to work with and is just a top bloke, the problems are far above where he sits.
And im saying that as an Aorus fan let down with no delivery. The 3080 aint the horse to back at this point, grab an AMD card or if you dont want AMD wait till Q1 and see what the Ti brings.

@Gibbo cuffed the updates nicely to @GIGA-Man when he shouldn't have, this was unfair given the circumstances and sums up his attitude to customers. He is a rep but I spent my money with OCUK, it's Wednesday now and shipments are due elsewhere today and tomorrow and we still don't have a clue about that this week. I hope this whole mess loses OCUK lots of future revenue so they take notice. Money is the only thing they clearly care about so hitting their bottom line might make them get their act together...They don't deserve the business...

Just to clarify I'm in no way blaming GIGA-MAN and he's doing the absolute best he can with the tools available. As I'm now avoiding ASUS, Gigabyte will be my go-to brand for this kind of thing in the future simply because at least GIGA-MAN is as active as he can be, as opposed to the ASUS rep with their singular post of non-answers. The problem lies entirely with Gibbo forcing this role onto GIGA-MAN while not providing him the tools to do it well.

Associate
Depends which card you went for.

Go to google and type in {Manucturer} fabrication locations.

If you went for the Strix for example. type in "Asus fabrication Location". That is where ure card is

Mate, I know where my original card is, they gave it to someone not in the queue, they received 4, they shipped 1,2 and 3 to the peeps in that queue position, I was in position no 4 and they sent my card to someone not in the queue, they bumped me , they apologised and gave me a £20 discount on my order , with a commitment to send me the card the next week. That was 2 weeks ago

Associate
Mate, I know where my original card is, they gave it to someone not in the queue, they received 4, they shipped 1,2 and 3 to the peeps in that queue position, I was in position no 4 and they sent my card to someone not in the queue, they bumped me , they apologised and gave me a £20 discount on my order , with a commitment to send me the card the next week. That was 2 weeks ago

For you my friend goto Ebay. Type in the make and model of your card and it will tell you where abouts your card is.

Unless Gibbo was number 5 then you have to find out where he lives.

Back
Top Bottom