• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Mate, I know where my original card is, they gave it to someone not in the queue, they received 4, they shipped 1,2 and 3 to the peeps in that queue position, I was in position no 4 and they sent my card to someone not in the queue, they bumped me , they apologised and gave me a £20 discount on my order , with a commitment to send me the card the next week. That was 2 weeks ago
god it gets worse! a bloody nightmare:eek:

Associate
Hi mate, let's hope he has some positive news for you!
Update on discord

@Johnny- pneumatic I can see back on the 11th Gibbo expected a small shipment to come in within approx 5 days, seems that delivery is running a little late or there is some delay with booking them in, of course as soon as they are received and booked in we'll be processing your order, my hands are tied until then however I'm afraid.

Associate
RTX 30 series covers a huge number of cards, and you can bet most of them will be 3070s We have gone over the competitors table again and again with people trying to get them to see that there simply isn't the information there that they believe there is. Unfortunately some of them have been incapable of recognising the fact that the figures they are deriving are not supported by the information provided.
Nope 540 rtx3080 and 537 rtx3090 and at least there giving info instead of OCUK complete silence

Last edited:
Associate
How come their competitor knows when Gigabyte cards are arriving but OC UK is clueless? How are you still claiming to be one of the biggest partners when you are in the dark as we are. Either you lie about being such a big partner or you lie about being in the dark. Which one is it?

They don't LOL, have you actually seen their table and watched it over time? They always list up front generic dates which are the same for all cards, you can see that with the 3080 table now, all 18th-20th, and then when it gets near the time that typically changes to what the "real" date is, or it gets delayed or removed. And then often updated again a 2nd or 3rd time to do that again. It's all guess work to keep people happy but the information is typically very inaccurate and subject to constant change, which is meaningless.

Associate
How come their competitor knows when Gigabyte cards are arriving but OC UK is clueless? How are you still claiming to be one of the biggest partners when you are in the dark as we are. Either you lie about being such a big partner or you lie about being in the dark. Which one is it?
Asking OC here is like talking to the wall, you will not get any answers because they don't care. You will only be heard and understood by us, fellow queuing customers, sadly.

Associate
One thing that winds me up is the vagueness of it all, like Gigabyte's twitter yesterday just repeating ad-nauseum 'for obvious reasons we cant talk specifics, but I can say that more cards are on the way'. I mean how useless is that as any kind of information? Even if you can't give exact numbers, I feel like they could at least clarify if we're talking handfuls or hundreds. It's just this expectation of like 'ah guys, we all wish it was different, but it is what it is', like they're as stumped as we are, when the reality is I refuse to believe they couldn't give at least a bit more clarity on the situation or lead times.

It really comes across as not wanting to give people bad news, when the reality is I imagine most people would feel loads happier just being given a better idea of when they might expect something, even if it's still a long way away. I'd much rather just be told 'hey, we're only going to be getting a dozen at a week for the next 2-3 months as it stands' rather than this just going into every day to see if there maybe is an update that maybe contains the card I bought that maybe has an idea of how many they're hoping to get, that maybe they won't end up splitting into prebuilds that maybe they're getting in enough quantity to make a dent in the queue.

It just feels like the whole attitude has to been to limit bad news to people by being vague, not understanding the vague info is easily the most frustrating part

Don
Update on discord

@Johnny- pneumatic I can see back on the 11th Gibbo expected a small shipment to come in within approx 5 days, seems that delivery is running a little late or there is some delay with booking them in, of course as soon as they are received and booked in we'll be processing your order, my hands are tied until then however I'm afraid.

That sounds positive mate.

Associate
They aren't clueless mate they just can't be bothered, they have our money why should they care?...They would have an idea of what is coming (if they were a well run business) in not just random knocks on the back door. Having been in retail distribution I know this for a fact. I think you said it your-self we backed the wrong horse. Someone posted the table up that everyone here has had eyes on and GB cards alone have gone down by 200...

Associate
the ASUS rep said rather than telling us direct, they'd rather go through OCUK to give out specific details of shipment times and allocations (specifically for the Non-OC TUFs)

that was two days ago now. have OCUK recieved that information and if so why haven't they relayed any of it to their customers?

that the ASUS rep estimated that they'd be able to fill 200 non-OC TUF backorders in "a matter of weeks" suggests there should be something to report back to us.

Associate
This thread entertains me so much. "Muh, OCUK got our money and making profit!!!"
My mate went bonkers and ordered 3 different cards from 3 different shops on 17.09, EVGA, Gigabyte and Zotac, none of them from ordered OC, ordered from blue, orange and red. I've ordered TUF from OC, we made a little "racing event" to see which arrives first. Two months later - not one of the cards has arrived, all of the preorder queues started as roughly same numbers, after two months they are +/- 100 positions apart.
Yet somehow its only OC is the bad guy, according to twelve hundred pages of this thread.
I'm concerned only about three things:
1. I've upgraded my case right before launch and now I realise that my GPU will have only about 0.3 slot clearance from PSU shroud
2. I've made some custom sleeved cables and they are perfect for 960 I have, but will be too short for 3080
3. I bought a 1440p ultrawide and the only thing I can play with sensible fps now is Among Us. Playing at 1080p on a 1440p screen is painful af, works okay with windowed 1080, but there's no fun in that.

Asking OC here is like talking to the wall, you will not get any answers because they don't care. You will only be heard and understood by us, fellow queuing customers, sadly.

I honestly think there is so much anger going around at the moment they have just decided to batten the hatches and try and ride this out until the cards are back in stock.

I've been a very loyal customer to OcUK for well over a decade and I've never seen such a debacle, the lack of communication, particularly assurance from Gibbo has been astounding, OcUK will claim it's not their fault and it's down to the board partners and Nvidia, and granted there is some truth there, but how best to judge the performance of a company, or organization is how they weather a storm, it's all fun and games when stock is free flowing, I know this from my own job as a purchase manager, this pandemic has really tested me, I've had to go over the top of regional suppliers to fix the problems for them so they can then supply to us lol, too many people out there not good at their job.

Associate
I honestly think there is so much anger going around at the moment they have just decided to batten the hatches and try and ride this out until the cards are back in stock.

I've been a very loyal customer to OcUK for well over a decade and I've never seen such a debacle, the lack of communication, particularly assurance from Gibbo has been astounding, OcUK will claim it's not their fault and it's down to the board partners and Nvidia, and granted there is some truth there, but how best to judge the performance of a company, or organization is how they weather a storm, it's all fun and games when stock is free flowing, I know this from my own job as a purchase manager, this pandemic has really tested me, I've had to go over the top of regional suppliers to fix the problems for them so they can then supply to us lol, too many people out there not good at their job.
yes mate, company needs to adjust to current climate and yet not all willing to do so. e.g OC

Associate
67974393.jpg
lol:p certainly lesser-spotted.

Associate
Update on discord

fingers crossed for you, its about time, at this stage there shouldnt be any delays in booking stuff in, dont they get, the fact that people are seriously ****** off at this point. anyhow good luck:D

Associate
So I’m going for the msi trio, just spotted that I only have 2 6+2 to 8pcie cables plus the one I’m using st the moment so three in total. Has anyone got any suggestion on the best cables to use instead or will these be fine.

Back
Top Bottom