• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Tell you what, i just came from the Gamers Nexus review and thought it was pretty mediocre, also with problematic things like Minecraft, overall he seemed pretty down on the card and his slides didn't show it in a great light.

So now i'm half way through Hardware Unboxed and it looks much much better.

The difference is Gamers Nexus used old or ageing games while Hardware Unboxed used the latest titles, funny how one review can give the impression the cards are a bit too mediocre, while not bad they are a letdown, and the next review they look really good, all because one used old games and the other didn't.
just to catch both your posts.

2 SKUS today because it was reference cards only, AIBs in one week.

Cost of the XT was £600 on AMD and the other competitor and £680 here.

Missed the 6800 prices but I imagine it was £540 and £600 respectively.

The competitor 6800 prices were bizarre. Sapphire who are normally cheaper were the most expensive model (close to 600 I think) & amazingly Asus was cheapest at £530 iirc. with the other two in-between. Less said about oc's prices the better. Sorry oc, I've bought plenty from you over the years but tsk tsk is all I have to say.

Associate
Well soon as the partner customs are in plentiful stock ill be buying either the Sapphire Nitro+SE or the Red Devil, then it'll be back to the waiting game for a 5900X!

Cant wait, Cyberpunk will be wicked on my 3440x1440p panel, turn off all the screen shot mode ray tracing nonsense and enjoy a good scifi rpg!

Might even bother installing my copy of Godfall and give it a whirl although i really dont like the jap anime style of over sized weapons dragging along the floor and definitely not a fan of Dark Souls type games either.

Overall that 6800XT looks perfect for my setup, dont give 2 hoots about gimmicky ray tracing as we are still nowhere near being ready for it, the hardware is still atleast 2 generations from being ready i personally feel.

Just need to see Partner prices now on their cards

Soldato
You ask for one more example. You got more than one. I am not going contact every developer and find out every game that uses RT. I have better things to do than prove the obvious fact that nvidia out maneuvered AMD with RT. That the consoles like the PS5 will make RT mainstream.

This hurt AMD because they lack RT performance. DIRT 5's use of ray tracing appears to be applied to vehicle shadows, providing high detail contact shadows without a huge performance cost. Its a very limited use of RT. If we consider Control which is a RT game, then AMD performance is poor. The problem for AMD is that games like Control are the future.

Wasn't the current RT games made with Nvidia in mind ?? With Nvidia input ?

Soldato
just to catch both your posts.

2 SKUS today because it was reference cards only, AIBs in one week.

Cost of the XT was £600 on AMD and the other competitor and £680 here.

Missed the 6800 prices but I imagine it was £540 and £600 respectively.

Thanks. So these are the cards to get. Cooler seems to perform well and priced at MSRP.

Associate
there was a couple of review sites saw "ooops" prices go up from different places.

£750-810 for the 6800XT so... probably about £1k here.

Lol how do we go from £600 reference cards to £150-210 more expensive partner cards? Utterly ridiculous, can't see that being at all the truth, theyll not sell any with that level of pricing

Soldato
@ 17:46 - 19:14: Availability discussed indepth
@ 20:03 - 22:38: Why is RDNA 2 on par with Ampere? Is there inside discussion, etc going on?
@ 30:15 - 32: 06: AMD signals the warning that as drivers mature performance for both rasterization and RT will improve as more console ported titles are introduced moving forward.
Now I don't want to misquote Scott. But he said he's excited for Cyberpunk 2077 with a Radeon GPUs. Take with that as you will. He implies that RNDA 2 is good/competitive but that will only get better as new titles are released (competitiveness gets broader). This is in regards to developers relations and consoles games.

Soldato
You can't. They are all gone and AMD have immediately discontinued them.

Only AIB will be sold now.

What, that can't be right. They created an entire manufacturing process to only sell a few cards. The cooler design and tooling itself would have cost loads which needs to be made back.

Reference cards in the past have always solved for a few months before disappearing.

Where is the conformation they are discontinued?

Associate
techpowerup has a 6800 specific review. The XT will get all the headlines but the non-XT is a really tidy piece of kit.

I've seen a few do both cards separately. TomsHardware, guru3d and kitguru to name 3. Yes, its a pretty great card in its own right but it still seems in a weird bracket given its price (especially relative to the XT). I suppose it'll appeal to those who are marginal on what their PSU puts out or smaller form factor owners where > 2 slot footprint is a deal breaker. Quite a lot of people though I expect are probably erring towards paying the extra 10% and getting the XT. It'll be interesting too when they expand the series downwards in specification and at what price the card below it comes in at (or indeed if a 3070 Ti/Super comes out and is placed at a closer price).

Soldato
I'm looking forward to see what a RX 6800 with an XT bios can do. I'm sure that will be possible again like RDNA 1 and previous gen. Currently using a RX 5700 i got dirt cheap with an XT bios and it zooms along rather nicely for a midrange card.

Caporegime
What, that can't be right. They created an entire manufacturing process to only sell a few cards. The cooler design and tooling itself would have cost loads which needs to be made back.

Reference cards in the past have always solved for a few months before disappearing.

Where is the conformation they are discontinued?
OcUK said they will not be getting any more.

Hence the refunds. Otherwise they'd just have a queue like for the CPUs and RTX cards.

There were a tiny amount of reference cards and once they were gone they are gone, unless you buy from a scalper.

Even the AIB cards are only going to be pre-orders now. You can pre-order starting next week but they won't be shipped until December or later.

Associate
Wasn't the current RT games made with Nvidia in mind ?? With Nvidia input ?

Nvidia made it possible first. RT games are just about raw performance. AMD are not much better than turning.

People are starting to talk about dirt 5, which uses RT only on the cars shadow. If you use a RT game like control or minecraft as an example. The lack of performance is there to see. Minecraft uses pathtracing which has greater demands on hardware than Control. AMD's RT performance sucks. If you are into RT then avoid AMD.

Associate
Nvidia made it possible first. RT games are just about raw performance. AMD are not much better than turning.

People are starting to talk about dirt 5, which uses RT only on the cars shadow. If you use a RT game like control or minecraft as an example. The lack of performance is there to see. Minecraft uses pathtracing which has greater demands on hardware than Control. AMD's RT performance sucks. If you are into RT then avoid AMD.
Jensun is that you?

Seriously your like a broken record, nobody cares except you in your own private echo chamber.

Give it a rest now and let the adults discuss the AMD products in the AMD thread without your constant utter drivel trolling it nonstop

Caporegime

2EBXxqg.gif

Caporegime
@muon

Now Retailers Are Warning That AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series Stock Will Be “Extremely Limited” - The FPS Review

Availability : We receive a limited number of items, the number of items will be very small. How many exactly is currently still open. If we know the exact amount, we will activate a totalizer on November 18th. If the counter is no longer visible, the quantity is sold out. We will then end the ticket sales. Because there are no more reference cards.

They're all gone, sorry :(

Associate
Jensun is that you?

Seriously your like a broken record, nobody cares except you in your own private echo chamber.

Give it a rest now and let the adults discuss the AMD products in the AMD thread without your constant utter drivel trolling it nonstop

Stop pretending your the victim I am only answering misinformation or attacks on me personally. As this is an personal attack. Hi, nice to meet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom