• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nvidia made it possible first. RT games are just about raw performance. AMD are not much better than turning.

People are starting to talk about dirt 5, which uses RT only on the cars shadow. If you use a RT game like control or minecraft as an example. The lack of performance is there to see. Minecraft uses pathtracing which has greater demands on hardware than Control. AMD's RT performance sucks. If you are into RT then avoid AMD.

I ain't in any camp just thrilled to see AMD competing at the top end because let's be real intel and Nvidia have been taking us for a ride and with AMD competing it only helps us consumers

I personally want the highest fps at 1440p and looks like the 6800xt fits for me purely on gaming even RT on Nvidia isn't enough FPS maybe next Gen ? , the leap from rdna 1 to 2 is mighty impressive

Is this not true ??

AMD signals the warning that as drivers mature performance for both rasterization and RT will improve as more console ported titles are introduced moving forward.

The 5700xt increased performance through drivers

Associate
You still can. It's just going to be a 20-30% larger hit on RDNA 2 than Ampere, that's all. Is it ideal? No, but hardly unplayable either.
6800xt is still faster than a 2080 ti at RT. Don't see it not running Cyberpunk at playable frame rates even with RT on. If there is no upscaling then 4k will likely be impossible.

Associate
OcUK said they will not be getting any more.

Hence the refunds. Otherwise they'd just have a queue like for the CPUs and RTX cards.

There were a tiny amount of reference cards and once they were gone they are gone, unless you buy from a scalper.

Even the AIB cards are only going to be pre-orders now. You can pre-order starting next week but they won't be shipped until December or later.
a lot of people probably don't actually want the reference model.better for OcUK to cancel now before AIB cards appear than to keep a another list situation going where people are ordering and canceling etc.I suspect the refernce will be back for pre order when all the AIBs drop on the 25th too.

Associate
Stop pretending your the victim I am only answering misinformation or attacks on me personally. As this is an personal attack. Hi, nice to meet you.
Personal attack? Hahaha oh dear..

Your trolling the thread with the same spam over and over, you obviously have some kind of victim complex as well.

My suggestion for you is, this is an AMD thread discussing AMD products and their merits, its not an Nvidia thread discussing their merits, there are plenty of those though, so maybe go drag your constant spam to them where you will likely find an audience more ready to agree.

Your actions here are pretty much just baiting and trolling, luckily i have the option to place you on ignore so i dont have to read your constant drivel, something which i am now about to do.

I urge anyone else reading this tripe from this guy to also take up this option as it makes the thread a lot less moronic to read

Soldato
@ 17:46 - 19:14: Availability discussed indepth
@ 20:03 - 22:38: Why is RDNA 2 on par with Ampere? Is there inside discussion, etc going on?
@ 30:15 - 32: 06: AMD signals the warning that as drivers mature performance for both rasterization and RT will improve as more console ported titles are introduced moving forward.
Now I don't want to misquote Scott. But he said he's excited for Cyberpunk 2077 with a Radeon GPUs. Take with that as you will. He implies that RNDA 2 is good/competitive but that will only get better as new titles are released (competitiveness gets broader). This is in regards to developers relations and consoles games.

Excellent video some strong questions put at them also.

Soldato
What, that can't be right. They created an entire manufacturing process to only sell a few cards. The cooler design and tooling itself would have cost loads which needs to be made back.

Reference cards in the past have always solved for a few months before disappearing.

Where is the conformation they are discontinued?

There's plenty of the XFX, Powercolour/etc types that continue using full reference setup and cooler by the look of some of the "leaked" roundups elsewhere. We'll see the reference one for a while yet.

Soldato
Thanks for the timestamps @EastCoastHandle it's a long-ass vid!! :)
no problem...
Excellent video some strong questions put at them also.
Far questions to be honest. And Scott provided the level of transparency one can expect.

-------------------------------------

@14:41 Steve from HU said it best and I'm actually :eek: he said it. He cares very little for RT and found very little games worth enabling. Boom!!!!:D

But to further add, those results are a game changer. The 6800xt is a much better competitor then I initially thought. It appears that Radeon shines best with an Zen 2/3 PC setup. And performance is much more efficient using a 256bit bus on newer game titles (IE: nextgen console based). Scott hinted at this in his interview. However, I have a sneaky suspicion there is more to it then just raw performance. Rumor has it that AMD plans on utilizing/leveraging that 16GB vram. As it's not being supplied for nothing. What that is I haven't read. Time will tell if that turns out to be true or not.

--------------------------------------
I urge anyone else reading this tripe from this guy to also take up this option as it makes the thread a lot less moronic to read
That's some taste advice can I put a little salt and pepper on it to enhance the flavor?
:D

Caporegime
6800XT looks a great card - grats to whoever managed to snag one :)

Yep looks like a great card and well worth £599 (at other shops).

Been shopping with OC since the very beginning and have much love for the company of old, but refuse to support the business model of late, pains me to say but my money will be going someplace else.

Holding out for the 3080ti or 6900xt here, no rush to upgrade would like to go red but my prior Fury X dramas may stop me.

Man of Honour
Been shopping with OC since the very beginning and have much love for the company of old, but refuse to support the business model of late, pains me to say but my money will be going someplace else

Very much this, the only time I use OcUK now is to buy stuff like thermal paste where I can make use of the free shipping. Their prices and business practises over the last couple of years stink.

Associate
no problem...

Far questions to be honest. And Scott provided the level of transparency one can expect.

-------------------------------------

@14:41 Steve from HU said it best and I'm actually :eek: he said it. He cares very little for RT and found very little games worth enabling. Boom!!!!:D

But to further add, those results are a game changer. The 6800xt is a much better competitor then I initially thought. It appears that Radeon shines best with an Zen 2/3 PC setup. And performance is much more efficient using a 256bit bus on newer game titles (IE: nextgen console based). Scott hinted at this in his interview. However, I have a sneaky suspicion there is more to it then just raw performance. Rumor has it that AMD plans on utilizing/leveraging that 16GB vram. As it's not being supplied for nothing. What that is I haven't read. Time will tell if that turns out to be true or not.

--------------------------------------

That's some taste advice can I put a little salt and pepper on it to enhance the flavor?
:D

Honestly at 1440p its a brilliant card, what is even more exciting is AMDs performance is newer titles is really really good, which only bodes well for the future.

We have been saying for years that having AMD in consoles would give them an advantage and until now it was never really true, this now looks like it could well be paying dividends for them.

Things are likely to only get better as the consoles get more and more familiar to devs, which should again bode well, so much I predict we will soon enter Finewine 2.0 era :)

Associate
OcUK said they will not be getting any more.

Hence the refunds. Otherwise they'd just have a queue like for the CPUs and RTX cards.

There were a tiny amount of reference cards and once they were gone they are gone, unless you buy from a scalper.

Even the AIB cards are only going to be pre-orders now. You can pre-order starting next week but they won't be shipped until December or later.
It's a pity AMD weren't upfront about it at the reveal. I'm sure they said there'd be plenty of stock.
Why didn't they just sell the reference cards along with the AIB cards next week? Greed probably.

@ 17:46 - 19:14: Availability discussed indepth
He looked more than a tad embarrassed trying to justify the paper launch. Good supply worldewide.....waffling on about shipping daily.......availability will get better as the the year comes to the end and through early next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom