• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yes. Palit for 6.8.8.
its £72 cheaper than OC and cancelled my order with OC.

If you want to get one quickly, you need to Scan the web very often and you might get lucky

Thanks for the reply dude.

I ordered from there a few minutes later than you last week, position 30. Hopefully I get an email soon!

Associate
I sold my 2080ti in anticipation for the 3080, obviously I had no idea this was essentially a paper launch PLUS this is my first time buying EVGA, typical eh? Im 21st in the queue, really do not want to cancel it man. I check gibbos posts everyday but hes only mentioned EVGA stock once which was 10 days ago. Praying to the almighty jebus OC get some EVGA stock and get me sorted out. The gpu im using right now is an absolute insult to my system.

Out of curiosity why did you sell your 2080ti? Are you a 4k gamer? I cancelled my 3080 order when I got over the hype and acutally looked at the games I play all the time (wow,cs,cod,killing floor 2,mk11) all of them play absolutely beautifully on my 2070s and that's at 3440x1440

Associate
Out of curiosity why did you sell your 2080ti? Are you a 4k gamer? I cancelled my 3080 order when I got over the hype and acutally looked at the games I play all the time (wow,cs,cod,killing floor 2,mk11) all of them play absolutely beautifully on my 2070s and that's at 3440x1440
Im curious, is 3440x1440 worth it over normal 1440p? Ive been intrigued in 3440x1440 for a lil bit but dont wanna splash out and regret it

Associate
Im curious, is 3440x1440 worth it over normal 1440p? Ive been intrigued in 3440x1440 for a lil bit but dont wanna splash out and regret it

It's a great resolution/aspect ratio for most games. The only downside I've had is that my 1070 can't really do 60 fps well in half the games I play. Assume about the same performance hit as 4K.

Associate
So 10 days ago we got told last week we would have EVGA shimpment in. My god what a lie that was. The lack of communication here from OCUK is shocking. If I wasn't number 1 in the queue for a card i would have left here long ago.

Associate
Could someone explain to me what happens to the delivery of our RTX? Is there any chance to get this miracle to your own hands before the launch of Cyberpunk? I'm in the MSI queue.. once they had a good shot with the delivery, i hope that such a thing will come back several times before showing up the game. If not. I hope that the premiere will move to February :) Sorry haha

Associate
Could someone explain to me what happens to the delivery of our RTX? Is there any chance to get this miracle to your own hands before the launch of Cyberpunk? I'm in the MSI queue.. once they had a good shot with the delivery, i hope that such a thing will come back several times before showing up the game. If not. I hope that the premiere will move to February :) Sorry haha

Short answer.

Unlikely

Long answer.

Probably Not.

Associate
Oh Gibbo, Oh Gizbo,
Where are you?
Are you afraid of sunlight?
Perhaps your just a shrew.

You’ve had my money for 7 long weeks,
my bank balancie is looking grim,

The absence of customer service updates.......
Is making my hair go thin!
Ta Da.............

Associate
You can argue OCs haven't been great at managing this situation but I feel for them a bit because it's going to cost them some serious cash. By taking so many pre-orders they are not going to sell any more cards than if they hadn't taken the preorders (probably less because of the immediate angry customers) but going forward they are going to lose a lot of loyal customers. To put some guestimate figures on it lets say they lose 1,000 customers (I don't think that's an unreasonable possibility) each of which would have bought something on average once a year. For round numbers sake lets say they would make on average £100 from each transaction. That's £100,000 profit lost each year. Change the figures as you like but there's no getting away from it that this is an absolute marketing disaster for OC - and IMO it's mainly Nvidia's fault.

Edit, I guess that's what you get by being greedy and your gamble doesn't pay off - I guess they thought they would get more cards the more pre-orders they could get.!

Associate
New update on a competitor's website detailing the breakdown of pre-orders per model of GPU - makes interesting reading for what the popular models are...

Back
Top Bottom