• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Been following this for some time now. I bought my Holo Amp from OCUK 13th Nov. Last Friday I was 32 on the queue. Just had an email to say its been shipped. Hope that helps some with theirs
Congratulations enjoy your card. Im not jealous iv only been wating since September lol

I wonder if the weird and wonderful Gibbo will bother to give us a update tomorrow?

Associate
Ordered a gigabyte vision oc on 26th October at 113 in the queue. Currently at 53. Be honest guys whats my odds of receiving my card before cyberpunk comes out on December 10th?

Nobody knows. The information OCUK shares is deliberately vague. Actual quantities are obfuscated by a scale that OCUK employees themselves fail to use correctly. Sometimes, a delivery is announced but never ships. Sometimes, cards are shipped without announcement.

Associate
If the TUF non OC is cancelled, and if OcUK decide to offer me the option of changing to the OC card... will I pay the price diff that it was when I ordered back in September on day 2 or to the price it is now? and where in the Q will I end up - should be time matched from original order really?!

3080 really is a ghost of a card in Europe and v limited un US I think.

wonder when the 7nm version comes online and how that will compare perf per watt?

hears hoping one day before I die.

Dan - TUF 3080 non OC @ place 751

If TUF non-OC gets scrapped/discontinued/whatever OCUK have said tough luck, back of the queue with you.

What a lovely, caring company amirite?

Associate
its over dudes. These cards are not coming and im not ruining my xmas period with a i10900k with no card init for 8 weeks now. I ordered an msi 3080 from OC. 400 in the queue. I then ordered a zotac OC 2 weeks ago. sitting at 25th in the queue.

I logged onto buy a 3070 and cancel the 3080. Nobody has 3070s now either. Even they are now out of stock. I searched loads of sites. Nobody has them and with xmas coming its going to stay like that i reckon.

Ended up buying a zotac 3090 for 1.4k from competitor. It was £200 more here. The 3090 will last for good amount im thinking with VR coming it will be a better card im thinking. I didnt want to do it but ive had a 10900k just sitting here. I havnt cancelled my zotac 3080 from here yet. If it comes i will send back the 3090 within return period.

i dont want to spend my xmas gaming period not gaming.

Associate
If the TUF non OC is cancelled, and if OcUK decide to offer me the option of changing to the OC card... will I pay the price diff that it was when I ordered back in September on day 2 or to the price it is now? and where in the Q will I end up - should be time matched from original order really?!

I'm still not convinced this is happening, but I sincerely hope it doesn't as the only logical step at that point would be for OCUK to refund and cancel your order...

If they are officially told that there is no stock of that card being sent, ever, then they would be obliged to cancel the orders as they cannot be fulfilled.

There is no way to insert you and the others with orders for that card into another queue on an order time basis without affecting those already in the queue who will rightly feel very aggrieved.

It would suck even worse than being stuck in the queue as you are right now for sure, but I can't really see what else they could do if it was cancelled, but I really don't think that is going to happen.

Associate
I asked in discord today if they have any news on kfa, "still waiting for stock" was the answer. :(

Thanks for that, appreciate it. Have an RX6800 on order elsewhere, preference is for that card now I think to be honest. Can't cancel this OCUK one because will probably lose cash.

Not impressed with OCUK on this one. Taking an absolute mountain of cash up-front and leave people languishing for months with barely a dribble of info. Will be looking elsewhere I think for my new build.

Associate
if the queue was unceremoniously cancelled without compensation, and thousands of people who handed over their money months ago (which lets not forget gave an initial ETA of a week or so), only to be dragged through with just enough vague allusions to "ramping up stock" to hold onto our cash for months on end (not to mention multiple messages from ASUS that the card was still being produced as late as last week), i don't think it would be a quiet issue and i'm fairly sure there'd be a case for consumer watchdogs to get involved.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for that, appreciate it. Have an RX6800 on order elsewhere, preference is for that card now I think to be honest. Can't cancel this OCUK one because will probably lose cash.

Not impressed with OCUK on this one. Taking an absolute mountain of cash up-front and leave people languishing for months with barely a dribble of info. Will be looking elsewhere I think for my new build.

I'm stuck with nvidia as I have a gsync monitor and I've already bought a new system. Literally waiting for 3080 and 5900x (not from here, you know where...) :(

I'm 15th in the queue for the 3080 so I'm very reluctant to cancel, just needs that one half decent shipment... one day.

Associate

3080 really is a ghost of a card in Europe and v limited un US I think.

wonder when the 7nm version comes online and how that will compare perf per watt?

hears hoping one day before I die.

Dan - TUF 3080 non OC @ place 751

TUF gaming 3080 is due in next week else where, so i guess there still making them

Associate
i don't think it would be a quiet issue and i'm fairly sure there'd be a case for consumer watchdogs to get involved.

There would be nothing for anyone to investigate, even if you could find anyone interested, your only protected consumer right is to receive a full refund when you ask for it and that is one thing that OCUK appear to have got right the vast majority of the time.

Associate
so if i take £500 off someone telling them "i reckon you'll get your TV by next week", then dodge their phone calls and texts, give mumbled half answers with vague and misleading information, say "it'll be ready soon, more parts are coming in next month" while in the meantime taking that £500 down the bookies and making a few quid for myself off of it, only for three months after the initial order to say "sorry mate, they're not making that TV anymore but here's your money back", there'd be nothing worth investigating in that? what if i did it a couple of thousand times over so instead of £500, it was the best part of a million?

because if that's all above board then i'm going to quit my job and make myself a fortune.

Associate
so if i take £500 off someone telling them "i reckon you'll get your TV by next week", then dodge their phone calls and texts, give mumbled half answers with vague and misleading information, say "it'll be ready soon, more parts are coming in next month" while in the meantime taking that £500 down the bookies and making a few quid for myself off of it, only for three months after the initial order to say "sorry mate, they're not making that TV anymore but here's your money back", there'd be nothing worth investigating in that? what if i did it a couple of thousand times over so instead of £500, it was the best part of a million?

because if that's all above board then i'm going to quit my job and make myself a fortune.
Why don't we test it out . Ya wona send me over 500 quid . You'll receive a picture of a 3080 for Christmas I promise ;) make it 600 you'll get it on special photo paper

Associate
its over dudes. These cards are not coming and im not ruining my xmas period with a i10900k with no card init for 8 weeks now. I ordered an msi 3080 from OC. 400 in the queue. I then ordered a zotac OC 2 weeks ago. sitting at 25th in the queue.

I logged onto buy a 3070 and cancel the 3080. Nobody has 3070s now either. Even they are now out of stock. I searched loads of sites. Nobody has them and with xmas coming its going to stay like that i reckon.

Ended up buying a zotac 3090 for 1.4k from competitor. It was £200 more here. The 3090 will last for good amount im thinking with VR coming it will be a better card im thinking. I didnt want to do it but ive had a 10900k just sitting here. I havnt cancelled my zotac 3080 from here yet. If it comes i will send back the 3090 within return period.

i dont want to spend my xmas gaming period not gaming.
I've been tempted to do that, you've let impatience get the better of you and now Nvidia's made double the profit on you for a 10% gain in performance, still enjoy.

Associate

The fundamental point remains that your money is fully refundable on demand, the only thing keeping people in the queue is their unwillingness to ask for their money to be refunded...

... and yes I understand all the reasons why that is the case, from the simple desire to lock-in an original price that is hard to get a couple of months later, through to those who are genuinely happy to wait as they don't have time to go hunting for the few cards that do go on sale each day in various places.

... but in terms of trying to make out that there is some dark profitable conspiracy in place the argument is a bust, you can take your money and leave any time you want.

Also there is no way this is profitable for OCUK either, the interest rate on business accounts is so low it might as well be zero and the cost to OCUK of handling the thousands of extra calls and the drop in sales of older parts for both GPUs and CPUs while stock of the new parts is still heavily constrained so not contributing to profits either, all add up to less than stellar 4th quarter this year unless something changes in the supply chain pretty rapidly.

Associate
Hi guys, first post here. I have a Gigabyte 3080 OC on order here, but in a queue as most of us. Any thoughts on the AIB partners using the cheap capacitors thereby causing issues with power delivery to the GPU, causing games to crash often on 3080 AIB boards? Do you think delivery of cards from these AIB partners have been pulled back due to these issues? Apologies if this has already been discussed before.

Associate
Hi guys, first post here. I have a Gigabyte 3080 OC on order here, but in a queue as most of us. Any thoughts on the AIB partners using the cheap capacitors thereby causing issues with power delivery to the GPU, causing games to crash often on 3080 AIB boards? Do you think delivery of cards from these AIB partners have been pulled back due to these issues? Apologies if this has already been discussed before.

I don't think this was resolved. It was only when the cards were boosting and NVidia nerfed the driver to stop it. It was true that the cards with 6 sp-cap compared with 2 mlcc arrays like on the FE, were more likely to crash and the cards like the STRIX with 6 mlcc arrays far less. Saying this the TUF also was reported showing instability and this actually has 6 mlcc arrays.

Associate
Last I heard a driver update fixed most of the crashing though I may be wrong . But please stop listening to people they just get on the bandwagon and spout nonsense because a youtuber said it. sp caps ain't cheaper they just can't hit higher clock speeds which caused crashing . Having said that they also have positives .

Back
Top Bottom