• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I cancelled all my cards that were waiting in a queue. Initially had a Zotac Trinity on order from launch day, then switched to the Gigabyte Vision.

However, I have been using Discord for stock alerts and got an order in for an Asus Tuf 3080 OC on the 17th November. Got my dispatch email yesterday and it is arriving today or tomorrow.

£753.50 too, which is a good £80 less than current prices on OC.

Apologies to anyone still in the Asus Tuf OC queue.

Associate
That was position 4 for a build not for a card that stands at over 2000 in Queue since Sep 17th.

Gibbo only gives updates and info on retail stock (his statement) so your card will not be in this count, maybe they are getting some seperate SI cards for builds as well. (not likely););)

Maybe.

When I called, they said I should be getting my build when the next shipment of asus gpu comes in a week time, I called about a week ago. I'll let you know, shall I?

Associate
Maybe.

When I called, they said I should be getting my build when the next shipment of asus gpu comes in a week time, I called about a week ago. I'll let you know, shall I?
No thanks, this is the "3080 stock situation" thread, not the "I bought a prebuild and skipped the queue" thread. It just riles up the masses when they've waited since 17th september and watch you get their card after ordering in October, it's like rubbing salt into someone elses wound

Associate
No thanks, this is the "3080 stock situation" thread, not the "I bought a prebuild and skipped the queue" thread. It just riles up the masses when they've waited since 17th september and watch you get their card after ordering in October, it's like rubbing salt into someone elses wound

Atleast you have a PC to keep you occupied while you wait. As you can see by my purchase I don't have any PC to speak of. I would post in a system integrated 3080 thread if there was one. As hard as it may be to understand, I am not here to wind anyone up, I am here looking for update information like everyone else, yet I have been greeted by snarky replies on every post. What do you want me to say? I am sorry I made a purchase on a build? I am in a completely different queue to retail stock any way, it makes no difference to your queue position anyway. What you are saying is purely speculative with no evidence to back it up.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a DPD dispatch email from a competitor, I will wait until it actually arrives and is all OK before I cancel my place in the 3080 ROG STRIX OC queue, but with it being 1108 on Friday it will be one less for people in that queue if all goes well tomorrow.

All I can say is that if you can I suggest using some Stock Informer sites and Discord bots and fingers crossed you get lucky, but after three days with the alerts I managed to snag one with a next day delivery.
I am really not sure what OCuk is doing but apart from taking way too many preorders, I think this may have all backfired for CEO Steve Leing & the German investors & parent company CaseKing.

All I can to all is either be patient or try & get lucky I like did and vote with your money elsewhere with competitors, either way best of all luck to you all.

YAY I can get out of this thread & cancel my silly place 1000+ in the 3080 STRIX OC queue. If you are not bothered with what model/vendor card you get I suggest you use the notification site & discord bots.
I ordered mine from a super nova competitor at 10:36 yesterday and its already arrived.

Good luck to all

Associate
YAY I can get out of this thread & cancel my silly place 1000+ in the 3080 STRIX OC queue. If you are not bothered with what model/vendor card you get I suggest you use the notification site & discord bots.
I ordered mine from a super nova competitor at 10:36 yesterday and its already arrived.

Good luck to all

Can you on me the notification sites etc please and where you ordered from

Associate
The reality is that every time an actual 3080 pops up on notifications, the same 500 people try to buy it, 2 get lucky and a dozen get a cancellation email the next morning and have to secure a refund.

3070's will be easy to get soon. There have been a number of sources saying a substantial amount are on the way. 3080's is a different story.

Last edited:
Associate
The reality is that every time an actual 3080 pops up on notifications, the same 500 people try to buy it, 2 get lucky and a dozen get an cancellation email the next morning and have to secure a refund.

3070's will be easy to get soon. There have been a number of sources saying a substantial amount are on the way. 3080's is a different story.
Yes agree but been playing that game a lot and always found that within less than a minute all stock was gone. I just say hang in there & keep trying.

But with me trying with the notification game has been more useful than sitting in the queue that's going nowhere. With my position 1000+ at this rate I wouldn't see the card until Feb or March realistically.
Well bye bye OverClockers this was my first & last purchase with you. Now to go and make sure this card is not DOA and if so then put in my request for a refund.

Good luck & have fun all.

Associate
Can you on me the notification sites etc please and where you ordered from
The easiest way is to go to twitter and find the bot (you can get the name by watching an AMD shill youtuber called graphically Challenged, a video about 3 days ago talking about gpu stocks. Join the twitter bots discord channel, and from there you'll find the link to the telegram channel for FE drops. But be warned, it's not easy to find one. I've been following religiously for 3 weeks now and nothing much has happened other than frustration.

Associate
Yeh some are slow of the mark, experiment with a few and see what notifies you first. Then its a literally a game of luck (Got to be FAST less than a minute and normally the stock gone again)
Ordering from where you may get an Indian from was the most frustrating with it being in basket and ready to pay to be told no and then only available for pickup but its not.

Associate
Well guys, it's been fun.
We've bonded, laughed and cried together but today is time for me to leave.
My Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 is on it's way to my home in the next 2 hours so this ordeal will finally be over for me.

So unless DPD **** up this delivery I won't be seeing you all for a while (catch you on another store's forum's next gfx card release, I won't be back at OCUK).

Good luck everyone!

Associate
The easiest way is to go to twitter and find the bot (you can get the name by watching an AMD shill youtuber called graphically Challenged, a video about 3 days ago talking about gpu stocks. Join the twitter bots discord channel, and from there you'll find the link to the telegram channel for FE drops. But be warned, it's not easy to find one. I've been following religiously for 3 weeks now and nothing much has happened other than frustration.

Thank buddy. Ill have a look and keep everything crossed

Last edited:
Associate
Well guys, it's been fun.
We've bonded, laughed and cried together but today is time for me to leave.
My Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 is on it's way to my home in the next 2 hours so this ordeal will finally be over for me.

So unless DPD **** up this delivery I won't be seeing you all for a while (catch you on another store's forum's next gfx card release, I won't be back at OCUK).

Good luck everyone!

Adios Amigo \0

Associate

Good luck to all

Very good. Which discord / notification site are you using. I am using one here but so far no alerts. (not using discord at the moment)

Associate
wow thats fantastic news, i was number:

So really hoping i get the amp holo extreme real soon, i knew it that Zotac were making them when u saw it on the aby a few days ago, scalper scalping 1300 quid

Anyways I literally sold my sold my Asus 2080ti Strix OC for £725, i paid for the delivery, they guy who bought it gave me excellent feedback today

I borrowed a 1080ti from my nephew so now im just waiting

By the way if you received your Zotac Amp Holo today what number was you last Friday please?

Sorry, been busy with work.

I was number 11 :)

Back
Top Bottom