People have lost the plot!! Or is it me?

Associate
Time and time again I attempt to get into new games but they are just.....**** A thousand button combos etc etc

Loved Streets of rage 4!!

I'm currently playing Battletoads

All this Nvidia and AMD nonsense is getting silly. (Prices)

Yes the current games look visually stunning but it all seems like an empty experience!!!

Bring back the SNES and Mega Drive!!! (Yes I am old)

So who is putting their wallets away and playing some quality old school games!?

Last edited:
Commissario
I get frustrated with racing games where content is locked until you reach a certain level. If I buy a driving game that offers 5,000 cars, I want to be able to chose from them. I'm not especially good at games so being forced to do the same thing over and over again to unlock content gets very boring very quickly.

Associate
OP
I get frustrated with racing games where content is locked until you reach a certain level. If I buy a driving game that offers 5,000 cars, I want to be able to chose from them. I'm not especially good at games so being forced to do the same thing over and over again to unlock content gets very boring very quickly.

The grind is annoying!!! I had a great time playing Grid, so flawed but so good!!

Soldato
Yes because KI wasn't a great port on the snes and the new (ish) KI had one of the best training modes in the business.

I still spend a great deal of game time playing old arcade games on emulators. Great for 20 min sessions where you can't really do that with most modern games.

Soldato
^ Ori is amazing.

I just don't have the motivation to finish many games anymore. I like something I can just pick up and play for a bit so yes, i do a lot of retro gaming. Modern gaming just isn't holding my interest very well and I'm not sure if it's just me getting older and losing attention span.

Funnily enough with the retro stuff I can quite happily play from start to finish (eg: Super Mario World, Streets of Rage 2).

Associate
OP
^ Ori is amazing.

I just don't have the motivation to finish many games anymore. I like something I can just pick up and play for a bit so yes, i do a lot of retro gaming. Modern gaming just isn't holding my interest very well and I'm not sure if it's just me getting older and losing attention span.

Funnily enough with the retro stuff I can quite happily play from start to finish (eg: Super Mario World, Streets of Rage 2).

I'm going with it's an age thing!

Same with the retro stuff

Soldato

You just need to buy, rent or borrow a young person, and they'll have all the levels completed in no time.:D

Soldato
Isn’t there a streets of rage remake out?

Anyone remember Abe’s Oddysee? I only had the demo but it was great. I seem to recall there was a similar game to it as well but I can’t remember specifics.

Capodecina
Soldato
Get Ori and the blind forest for a new twist on an old genre.

Thanks for the recommendation, I was considering this. It's only £3 on Steam at the moment.

As for old games, I still play Quake 1. The mapping community is very active and there are some stunning third party creations out there.

Back
Top Bottom