• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just put my first disc into ps5 since owning it. Holy **** it's loud !

So much so I've turned up my TV volume higher than normal so o can't hear it.

Its a film not a game too

Soldato
On the console yes, the pad itself has a orange breathing light when charging. Goes off when fully charged (pad)

Does the orange breathing light happen when its also charging via a USB cable too? Mine doesnt do that, but does it in rest mode.

I've had it plugged in via usb cable pretty much all night last night turned it back on this morning and the controller is on one bar now

Yet when pressing the PS button on the main menu screen, the Controller accessories icon seems to show it is charging with the bars pulsing

Associate
They emailed me Thursday lunchtime to say my PS5 was in their warehouse, but not heard anything since.

If they’re shipping Monday then it’s great news. Surprised they couldn’t have emailed me the details though!

I also got this email - which is weird - as they shipped my preorder and I received it on launch day.....not sure what I will do with 2 :)

Associate
Has anyone considered sending their PS5 back or for repair because of the coilwhine?

I find it really jarring at times.

Personally I would, Sony and M$ must have spare stock to replace faulty machines. Mine is completely silent so a coil whine is not something it should be doing. Mass producing on that scale it is going to happen to a few. Saying that I would wait until next year and send it back, just in case you can't get one back quickly.

Soldato
Been having some strange issues with Days Gone, had an error yesterday saying the app couldn't be opened, worked fine on second attempt.

Just now started the game up and got a warning saying the game data was corrupt and I needed to delete it and re download. But again opened up find on second attempt and I'm playing it now.

Defo some bugs to be ironed out!

Soldato
So it looks infinitely better standing up, but to do so I have to put it on a hardwood floor. Or laying down in the tv stand.

what’s everyone gone with? I tried it laying down but the stand is a bit naff like that, it wobbles and it doesn’t look anywhere near as good. But concerned about dust on the floor.

Soldato
I know it’s early days, but I wish developers would give some clarity as to whether they ever will either do an unlocking framerate patch or some sort of improvement patch or a remastered re-release. Even detail as to whether the framerate is already unlocked would be good. I’m tentative about playing particular games until I know if they are going to or not. Horizon Zero Dawn for example.

I’ve been using random lists on Reddit etc to get details for now and it’s not optimal.

Back
Top Bottom