New Alienware Q3 2020

Associate
Did i make a mistake getting an AW3420DW at that price, is the new AW3821DW *that* much better? Anyone know?

A lot depends on the price here, if you could get 20% off on AW3821DW to get it as low as some users here did then that's a great deal on 38", but so is 663 on AW3420DW. Even with discount it would still be 663 vs 1030 price difference. And if you wouldn't get that 20% discount and only 100 cashback, then it would be 663 vs 1200, double the price. Basically the story is the same as with all 34" vs 38" posts, 38" is way better but not two times better and mostly for high-end enthusiasts with a very big premium. $700 RTX 2080 vs $1200 RTX 2080 Ti kind of situation.

Associate
mine was shipped today and due on the 2nd. hopefully its on time as ive got that day off:p its a lot of dosh but after this year i wanted a treat.

Associate
Guys 1st post here, have any of you shipped a monitor like this AW2721D from UK to another EU Country (e.g Greece).

I have shipped the monitor to a very close of mine in UK and he will to ship it to me as soon as he receives it, I have calculated a shipping cost of close to 100 euro, no idea if this is doable.

Do you know any Company to recommend for such a big package?

Had to have this monitor before Christmas...

Permabanned
mine was shipped today and due on the 2nd. hopefully its on time as ive got that day off:p its a lot of dosh but after this year i wanted a treat.

I was a bit short of money so I told the kids they have been really bad this year so for Christmas I sold their bikes.

Soldato
Guys 1st post here, have any of you shipped a monitor like this AW2721D from UK to another EU Country (e.g Greece).

I have shipped the monitor to a very close of mine in UK and he will to ship it to me as soon as he receives it, I have calculated a shipping cost of close to 100 euro, no idea if this is doable.

Do you know any Company to recommend for such a big package?

Had to have this monitor before Christmas...

I just done a quick price quote on UPS to a random Greek hotel and it came in around £43 with a declared value of £700 (so it's insured) with a weight of 20kg for the parcel.

So can easily be done and insured for under 100 euro :)

My order has now moved to "In Production" set to ship tomorrow for delivery Wednesday, exciting times :D

Permabanned
Did i make a mistake getting an AW3420DW at that price, is the new AW3821DW *that* much better? Anyone know?

I think it depends what monitor you have at the moment. The AW3420DW is a lovely monitor and I nearly bought one, but thing is that it's not that much better than my current monitor so it was easy for me to justify the AW3821DW. When someone buys a monitor, to my mind they need to see a significant improvement over their old one and you just wait until you can afford it. Only you can answer which one is for you but remember the AW3420DW is a bargain right now and the AW3821DW is almost twice the price.

Associate
My order has now moved to "In Production" set to ship tomorrow for delivery Wednesday, exciting times :D

My order is still due tomorrow (ordered Sunday afternoon) but still shows as 'in production' something tells me I'm not getting it tomorrow ha even though it still says 'We are working on your order and it is still on track to meet the communicated delivery date.'

Associate
It keeps saying item-total £1080 but when I get to check out it goes up to £1300,80. Can't i just logged on for business or do i actually need a business promo code?

Associate
It keeps saying item-total £1080 but when I get to check out it goes up to £1300,80. Can't i just logged on for business or do i actually need a business promo code?

I assume this is the pre-vat price you’re looking at. You’ll need a dell advantage discount code to knock 20% off

Associate
I’m just stuck in the buy now or wait a year to see if HDR is fully implemented by then and the difference it might make to games. That along with everyone seems to be criticising the edge lit lighting and saying stick with a TN panel (like the Samsung).

Hmmmm.

Permabanned

It seems to be defaulting to pre-VAT price. Just proceed to the checkout and it will jump to 1300.80

Associate
My current dilemma is going from a pair of Dell 24 inch (21:10) monitors (upside down L configuration) and looking at upgrading to 34 inch (c. £660 quid with dell advantage) or buy 38 inch (c. £940 with dell advantage and amex offer). Will i be satiated with the 34 and am i being greedy looking at the 38? I also have a pretty small desk in a small room where I've currently set up so a desk upgrade is in order.

What sort of desk depth do people who have ordered the 38 inch have? I would need to take that into consideration when iI make my decision. In any case, excited to upgrade my display from 2012 to 2020.

Caporegime
mine too :D

I’m just stuck in the buy now or wait a year to see if HDR is fully implemented by then and the difference it might make to games. That along with everyone seems to be criticising the edge lit lighting and saying stick with a TN panel (like the Samsung).

Hmmmm.

I just don't think HDR is worth bothering about unless you're going OLED. Anything else is just pants in comparison.

For my vote i would

A) Get the LG OLED 48" if HDR bothered me that much that I had to have good HDR

or

B) Just forget about it and just get whatever you fancy. Affordable computer monitors with OLED aren't coming next year and that's what it will take to get proper HDR on computer monitors.

Associate
Having an oled 48 inch tv is a very jarring experience compared to an UW. Too big an area to look around for gaming. As with the comments earlier in the thread surely you decide on your screen size and aspect ratio then fine the appropriate product. G9 and 48 inch cx are wildly different products

Seems unlikely this is coming today, tracking says it only departed the Tilburg hub at 00:26

Associate
I just done a quick price quote on UPS to a random Greek hotel and it came in around £43 with a declared value of £700 (so it's insured) with a weight of 20kg for the parcel.

So can easily be done and insured for under 100 euro :)

Thanks man,

Really appreciate it, can you please link me a screenshot on how you completed their form because to me it gives me some extremely expensive options.

Associate
B) Just forget about it and just get whatever you fancy. Affordable computer monitors with OLED aren't coming next year and that's what it will take to get proper HDR on computer monitors.

Agreed, this is a lesson I learned a long time ago when it comes to PC tech, there's always something better coming soon, wait for better HDR next year and next year you'll be waiting for affordable OLED, then for whatever comes after that, have to buy whatever makes sense at the time or you'll never be satisfied

Back
Top Bottom