*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Good luck! I've just had the inevitable e-mail from HP. Looks like they acknowledge the fault but have said there will be a delay as no parts are available to resolve my case. Yet they're still for sale on their website. So July pre-order, out of pocket since then, farce of a launch/delivery and now looks like I'll be one of the last to get my hands on a working one.

Soldato
Good luck! I've just had the inevitable e-mail from HP. Looks like they acknowledge the fault but have said there will be a delay as no parts are available to resolve my case. Yet they're still for sale on their website. So July pre-order, out of pocket since then, farce of a launch/delivery and now looks like I'll be one of the last to get my hands on a working one.

Surely they could send you just a headset as they're in stock and you keep your original controllers?

Associate
Surely they could send you just a headset as they're in stock and you keep your original controllers?

I have found my invoice now so that's all sorted. This was the e-mail from HP:
"This is regarding the case: 5xxxxxxxxx
Thank you for all the details. We have progressed the case but unfortunately parts are not available. We are expecting delays on this case, this has been escalated to our Logistics Team who are trying to source the parts.
We will contact you as soon as we have an update."

All leaving a bit of a bitter taste to be honest. Hope everyone else gets lucky!

Soldato
I have found my invoice now so that's all sorted. This was the e-mail from HP:
"This is regarding the case: 5xxxxxxxxx
Thank you for all the details. We have progressed the case but unfortunately parts are not available. We are expecting delays on this case, this has been escalated to our Logistics Team who are trying to source the parts.
We will contact you as soon as we have an update."

All leaving a bit of a bitter taste to be honest. Hope everyone else gets lucky!

Fairly shabby response as the headsets are in stock on their store, yet they're making you wait for a complete package.

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=1N0T5AA&opt=ABU&sel=DEF

Associate
I guess you are still having the sound issues? I would go for the refund but I got in on the discounted pre-order pricing so all I want is a working headset. They’re on about replacement in 2-3 days once they’re relatively happy its a fault, then I send the faulty one back. Do you know how to get a formal, proper invoice from SA? Never had one by email I don’t think and only a despatch note in the box.

Still sound issues yeah, tried using it with no sound but that's just no fun.
I too got in with the early preorder price and would ideally have a replacement unit than a refund, but it's uncertain if our units are faulty or if it's something fixable via updates.

I've had an email from HP regarding this and they just say they have logged my case. Valve Index is seeming tempting at the moment but i would regret that if the G2 issues are sorted out soon.

Not sure how to get an invoice if you don't have anything via email, perhaps request one with them

Associate
Just gone back with both barrels. See if it gets me anywhere. I'm also realistically considering getting my cash back and returning it. Perhaps even wait for another couple of batches to work their way through and see if there are any refinements to the speakers by then.

Associate
Ok my turn for a issue lol
seem to be having a issue with the head tracking, if i move my head left to right there seems to be some stutter every now and then, any ideas?

Associate
seem to be having a issue with the head tracking, if i move my head left to right there seems to be some stutter every now and then, any ideas?
I have also encountered this, sometimes not sure why it happens but if i exit the game & steamVR then go back it may work

Associate

I had stutter like that panning left or right in SteamVR just on one launch. After rebooting the PC and starting everything again from scratch it seemed to go away. In my efforts to setup though I had at least a couple of occasions where the only thing that would wake everything up was to unplug the USBC and re-insert.

What USB connection are you using?

Associate
Just gone back with both barrels. See if it gets me anywhere. I'm also realistically considering getting my cash back and returning it. Perhaps even wait for another couple of batches to work their way through and see if there are any refinements to the speakers by then.
I was also considering refund, but just remembered how i spent £100 on prescription & protective lenses as well as £20 on batteries, somewhat tied to the device now.

Hopefully HP sort you with a replacement soon as especially if they have headsets listed for sale on their site as someone said above, if that one has issue then would be a good time to refund

Associate
I was also considering refund, but just remembered how i spent £100 on prescription & protective lenses as well as £20 on batteries, somewhat tied to the device now.

Hopefully HP sort you with a replacement soon as especially if they have headsets listed for sale on their site as someone said above, if that one has issue then would be a good time to refund

Let me know what HP say to you when they come back. I really don't want to let this go yet but I will feel really rubbish about waiting till the new year now. Out of interest, which batteries did you go for, assuming you mean rechargeable? I've seen the recommendations by Tyriel and MRTV (I think) but the reviews on those types of batteries aren't too good.

Associate
I had stutter like that panning left or right in SteamVR just on one launch. After rebooting the PC and starting everything again from scratch it seemed to go away. In my efforts to setup though I had at least a couple of occasions where the only thing that would wake everything up was to unplug the USBC and re-insert.

What USB connection are you using?
ive tried both, usbc and the adapter,
Did a reboot issue still there,
Its like its ever so slightly re-centering its self every now and again, rather than being fluid when i move my head, a slight moment of loss of head tracking

Associate
Let me know what HP say to you when they come back. I really don't want to let this go yet but I will feel really rubbish about waiting till the new year now. Out of interest, which batteries did you go for, assuming you mean rechargeable? I've seen the recommendations by Tyriel and MRTV (I think) but the reviews on those types of batteries aren't too good.
Will update when i hear anything back from them
The batteries i bought were these ones off Amazon, found a site somewhere which detailed different batteries suitable with the G2 and it said these were good https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw0AOJNh18SU_IX9sqs7Eb6M

Associate
Few things I can think of.. do you have a USB3 hub you could try? Or perhaps try plugging in to a USB at the front. Other one, has the power light lit up on the inline power block? I had some wiggling to do at first to get power to it. I watched a youtube vid somewhere that the guy had a dodgy cable which was causing some odd results.

Associate
Few things I can think of.. do you have a USB3 hub you could try? Or perhaps try plugging in to a USB at the front. Other one, has the power light lit up on the inline power block? I had some wiggling to do at first to get power to it. I watched a youtube vid somewhere that the guy had a dodgy cable which was causing some odd results.
dont have a hub no, and yeah lights on the block,
so far tried every usb port on my mobo and case, 3.0 and 3.1 and usbc,
different DP On the gpu,
Updated windows,
updated Nvidia driver,
Many restarts,
Re installed the headset,
Think i just need to explain the issue to hp and see what they say i guess, did you email or phone them?
Cheers

Associate
Aren't you supposed to revert Nvidia drivers to old versions? That's what helps most of the people according to the HP reverb Reddit posts.
Might worth trying that.

Associate
SA gave me the number of 0207 660 0403. None of the options are right on the automated system so I just chose printer and then asked to be put through to the right team. I got Sunil who sounds like he's had a bad couple of days. He's just phoned and told me there is nothing they can do to expedite anything. The fact that they are selling them isn't something they are willing to discuss and that if I'd bought direct from HP it wouldn't be an issue - Theres a kick in the lower regions for you. I either wait for them to get parts (headset and speakers) or they issue a DOA form and it take it up with SA. SA said already they won't entertain replacement, only refund. Sunil however told me he has had another customer today who has been told by SA that they do have some stock for replacements. Taken it with a pinch of salt but does that suggest that they're being selective on who they offer what (Perhaps based on whether the customer paid full price or not). Dunno when the discount pricing finished, and whether thats the only orders that have been delivered so far?

Associate
Ok so called them up, its going to be replaced when back in stock, bloke on the phone didn't really have a clue what i was talking about when i said head tracking issue,
He did not seem to know anything about them but took my word for it,
So for now im just going to live with the issue until its replaced,
Issues aside Early impressions are ok, not blown away with it,
Fov is the same as the Quest 2,
Performance in games seems fine,
Tried Elite dangerous
Automobilista 2,
And briefly HL Alyx
Elite being the most taxing of the 3,
Solid 90 in AMS 2, think someone was having issues with that game but fine for me,
Cars off in the distance are not as clear as i hoped they would be, but maybe i can play with that steam slider i set to 50% for AMS 2 as it was not dropping below 90,
One thing i can say having owned both, apart from the the G2 being easier on the pc therefore better performance, there aint a massive difference between this and the Quest 2, its certainly not a light and day difference i was expecting imo

Back
Top Bottom