*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Bugs are going to happen especially in a complex game but there is no real excuse for a lot of the bugs in way too many game releases these days - especially when many of them are relatively quick fixes but never get dealt with.

Too many software releases these days have bugs that show there is no real pride in the level of workmanship involved in creating the software - I guess somewhat due to people doing software development as a career rather than because it is something they enjoy.

Associate
Anyone else going to hold of for a few months ? Kinda feel like I’ve waited so long I can wait a little longer for all the so called bugs to be fixed! I really want to love this game but I don’t think I can handle bug after bug... I’m going to wait it out for a few months anyone else ?

Soldato
Complete opposite. I wanna get in and playing ASAP.

Very interested to see what can be done with vehicles, and if we actually need to buy them, can modify them etc.

Soldato
Sounds like it's full of bugs :(

I'm not coughing up £50 to be a beta tester.

Use SetupVPN and grab it for £20

The epilepsy story from earlier was already warned about in the EULA that journalist must have agreed to before playing the game. Find it odd after the first major seizure she carried on playing. :confused:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/user-agreement/

An overwhelming majority don't read a single thing in an EULA. A separate warning for epilepsy should be displayed much like it is with other games. CDPR have already responded to say their looking into it and will have an additional warning.

Man of Honour
TBH a lot of games have epilepsy warnings where the game isn't even close to a problem for 99% of people who suffer that kind of stuff so I can imagine many will have become a bit conditioned to almost if not ignoring it depending on how badly they suffer.

Soldato
Use SetupVPN and grab it for £20

An overwhelming majority don't read a single thing in an EULA. A separate warning for epilepsy should be displayed much like it is with other games. CDPR have already responded to say their looking into it and will have an additional warning.

Yeah, like The Division 2 and it's unskippable warnings. The really boil my ****, just as much as those unskippable anti-piracy warning on movies you've actually bought.

Associate
Just bought this myself, £50 seems like a lot but £21 is much better value. Looking forward to playing it, not watched any videos as don't want any spoilers

Soldato
TBH a lot of games have epilepsy warnings where the game isn't even close to a problem for 99% of people who suffer that kind of stuff so I can imagine many will have become a bit conditioned to almost if not ignoring it depending on how badly they suffer.

We do, just like I have ignored my triggers my entire life to the point at I am acutely aware that continued behaviour may result in my unintentionally breakdancing. It is a balance between getting on with life and not allowing it to rule you. I have had good control with meds for 30 years. However, there are very specific types of frequency and colour strobing that are more aggressive than others. I was diagnosed via an EEG in the RAF using a strobe but they are not a trigger for me outside of starring into a strobe light at very high speed. I have spent my entire life at gigs, festivals and in clubs as well as all the shenanigans that go along with those, and never had an issue. Same with gaming, I have been doing it 40 years. I have just gotten on with life as has the vast majority. Just know your triggers and manage them. However, it seems that she was caught out but was totally aware of what she was doing and TBF has not made an issue out of it other than making those that could be affected aware.

CDPR have responded as I would have hoped.

"Thank you for bringing this up. We’re working on adding a separate warning in the game, aside from the one that exists in the EULA Regarding a more permanent solution, Dev team is currently exploring that and will be implementing it as soon as possible.

Yeah, like The Division 2 and it's unskippable warnings. The really boil my ****, just as much as those unskippable anti-piracy warning on movies you've actually bought.

Are you saying you resent warning such as these? I mean they are a few seconds on a splash screen.

Soldato
Seems Cdkeys have released the keys.. so to speak.

Go go go!!!

@cdkeyscom

Replying to
Hi, if it’s PC you can click ‘get code’, the codes are being released as we speak. You might need to refresh the page. If it’s Xbox we are working on releasing these ASAP.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This thread does show that a lot more people would be buying games, especially on release if they were £20. To me £20-£30 is an acceptable price for a pc that gets tied to your account and you cannot sell on. Let’s not forget that many games try and milk us for dlc also.

So far managed to get Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Bloodlines 2 for between £35-£37 each all on steam. Would have preferred if it was under £30 but happy to make exceptions for most wanted games. I just balance it out by buying others for cheaper. There were a few games I may have picked up in the sales recently but did not due to the price not being right. Not in a rush as I have loads of games to play so happy to wait until they drop down in price :)

Soldato
Decided to watch the trailer since people are praising it so heavily above, first bit of content for the game I've watched other than the original teaser and the E3 where they had Keanu. Gosh the graphics have been downgraded from the E3 one pretty fierce haven't they? I guess it's not that surprising as the E3 one was pre-rendered.

Loving the aesthetic and feel of the environments shown, pretty much what I had in mind from the genre and if the game itself is good to back it up seems like it could be pretty cool. A bit letdown by the graphics though tbh, assuming they would really put the absolute best they can muster in the trailer. I suppose that's why they have strictly forbidden any of the reviewers to use their own recorded footage, and totally sandbagged consol reviews, in case it looks even worse than that. I'm sure the photo mode will up things a bit and make for some great screenshots though

Underboss
This thread does show that a lot more people would be buying games, especially on release if they were £20. To me £20-£30 is an acceptable price for a pc that gets tied to your account and you cannot sell on. Let’s not forget that many games try and milk us for dlc also.

So far managed to get Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Bloodlines 2 for between £35-£37 each all on steam. Would have preferred if it was under £30 but happy to make exceptions for most wanted games. I just balance it out by buying others for cheaper. There were a few games I may have picked up in the sales recently but did not due to the price not being right. Not in a rush as I have loads of games to play so happy to wait until they drop down in price :)

£30-£40 is my usual "I'm okay with that" for AAA games, £20-£25 is my normal "wait it out" price for games I want to play but not overly fussed playing on release.

£20 for this is perfect for me, not my genre and wasn't a fan of the Witcher series so a bit of a "going in blind" scenario happening.

Aside from GTA/R* games I don't think I would spend £50 on a game anymore.

Soldato
Decided to watch the trailer since people are praising it so heavily above, first bit of content for the game I've watched other than the original teaser and the E3 where they had Keanu. Gosh the graphics have been downgraded from the E3 one pretty fierce haven't they? I guess it's not that surprising as the E3 one was pre-rendered.

Loving the aesthetic and feel of the environments shown, pretty much what I had in mind from the genre and if the game itself is good to back it up seems like it could be pretty cool. A bit letdown by the graphics though tbh, assuming they would really put the absolute best they can muster in the trailer. I suppose that's why they have strictly forbidden any of the reviewers to use their own recorded footage, and totally sandbagged consol reviews, in case it looks even worse than that. I'm sure the photo mode will up things a bit and make for some great screenshots though

You're upset the in game graphics don't compare to a pre rendered video? Not sure I follow that logic.

Soldato
I'm more than happy to pay £50 for a AAA game like this - not games like Fifa/COD that release every year.

The amount of work that goes into it is unreal.

Back
Top Bottom