Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Been debating a new turntable for ages and the whole lockdown/work from home routine has left me playing 30+ hours of albums in a week, felt I deserved something special so here's my Planar 2 :)

IMG-6229.jpg

And of course I needed matching speakers....

IMG-6230.jpg

White Wharfedale 220's sealed the deal for me

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I've got to take another look at it then. I'm getting a similar worktop, but wasn't planning on having utensil draws under it (pan drawers only, with utensil drawers in the island that would be directly behind you when stood at the hob).

I've got a single plug in induction hob currently (as I've got a temporary kitchen setup), and there are 2 big issues with it: 1. the heat source is pretty small compared to the ring size, therefore it can cause the centre of the pan to get much hotter than the surrounds. 2. on the lower settings, it's not an even reduced power. It turns on at what seems to be ~50% power for a few seconds, then off again for a few seconds. It's enough for you to be able to see a pan boil, then stop boiling, then start boiling again etc. I'm just a little concerned about getting a proper hob that ends up doing the same!

No, the proper induction hobs are much better than the plug ins. Very large heat zones and proper PWM heating.

Soldato
Just make sure you have the fitters put a vent under the worktop if it says so on Hob fitting instructions - Ours didn't so when you use hob for a while the cutlery drawer underneath get's very hot - I have had to modify the front of the unit - cutting front of the unit off between drawer and underside of the worktop. You can't see it but I shouldn't have had to do it.
My Hob is mains wired.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Just make sure you have the fitters put a vent under the worktop if it says so on Hob fitting instructions - Ours didn't so when you use hob for a while the cutlery drawer underneath get's very hot - I have had to modify the front of the unit - cutting front of the unit off between drawer and underside of the worktop. You can't see it but I shouldn't have had to do it.
My Hob is mains wired.

No need for vents with the AEG PerfectFit hobs.

Soldato
Treated myself to an early Xmas present!

Asus ROG G14 - RTX2060, Ryzen 4800 with the 120hz 1080p screen.

Really nice bit of kit :D

Nice to see it wasn't just me with the same treating myself process :) I am back into gaming after no idea how many years and I am still amazed at how good laptops are thesedays, just need some controllers/mouse now... some more self treats probably

Man of Honour
Following up on bike antics. Final bit of fine tuning done at bike shop today and collected it after having the groupset swapped over and an extra spacer was needed for the crank to stop a few mm of play. £40 in total for labour which is not too shabby. Bike looks great now I think.

Before/After:

tN3thXA.jpg

Have not had a proper ride yet due to weather but first impressions are...

Absolutely love it. The front 32T ring is probably the max I will ever have on this given the extremely tight clearance.

I needed nothing else other than the expected new DUB bottom bracket (Nukeproof Horizon) and an extra spacer for the chainring side as mentioned..

I really REALLY love the SRAM shifter. The Shimano could shift down 3 gears in one action, the NX shifter can do 5 I love the clicky upshift button. So precise and changes are much quicker and from what I have read, the quick shifting of SRAM is across the board vs Shimano drivetrains.

Absolutely hyped for the enxt full day's riding :cool:

Soldato
I really REALLY love the SRAM shifter. The Shimano could shift down 3 gears in one action, the NX shifter can do 5 I love the clicky upshift button. So precise and changes are much quicker and from what I have read, the quick shifting of SRAM is across the board vs Shimano drivetrains.

So true. The upshift on the SRAM is a thing of wonder, especially when coming form an older Shimano set-up. Where did you get the SRAM chain stay protector from? I've looked but can't seem to find one.

Man of Honour
So true. The upshift on the SRAM is a thing of wonder, especially when coming form an older Shimano set-up. Where did you get the SRAM chain stay protector from? I've looked but can't seem to find one.

Oh I am not sure if they do an official one, this is one off eBay and does the job perfectly really. There's a clear film on the frame that Marin put on which I didn't notice originally but this stops my shoes from rubboing on the side paintwork which isn't covered by the film!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neoprene...var=533052958182&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Caporegime

What does this mean? I've never noticed any difference from Sram v Shimano execpt that the Shimano levers are (IMO) always smoother with SRAM feeling tougher to move. Whats the difference in the upshift on the new SRAM stuff?

Back
Top Bottom