Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Ooof - I just picked up a 5900x and the 550 moBo, already have 64GB RAM and a 1TB nvme arriving today but I have the jels looking at that!

I've waited for SO long, like everyone else of course, but as the rigs are for business there's a genuine business need rather than just a pre-Christmas want.

I've been pretty lucky though in the end, had one 5950X delivered the day after pre-ordering and I've now got a choice of six 3090s to pick from (!) simply because I had 2 and then all 4 got dispatched on the same day from pre-orders I had with different retailers. Don't worry, 3 will be being returned.

Soldato
A lucky kid I'd say. I'm sure we all wished we were able to give our kids such good presents! :)
I would imagine the issue is that the kid never has anything to look forward to when he/she's older when literally everything they can think of is given at Christmas. I'd never dream of asking for something worth more than about £200 let alone that haul.

Hopefully the kid never has a credit card in future :p

Soldato
I've waited for SO long
I have been meaning to upgrade my 7700k for a bit, it just isn't suited to video editing with the single core power and found the 5900 in Basel for 549CHF which is a total steal and in stock so kinda had to. I said I'd hold off on the GPU mind, the 1080 will do until stocks come in a bit more on the 3090s! Lovely business machines though, I'd just have fun building them all :D

Soldato
I have been meaning to upgrade my 7700k for a bit, it just isn't suited to video editing with the single core power and found the 5900 in Basel for 549CHF which is a total steal and in stock so kinda had to. I said I'd hold off on the GPU mind, the 1080 will do until stocks come in a bit more on the 3090s! Lovely business machines though, I'd just have fun building them all :D

Yeah we're still on 1080Ti / 3900X at the top end, so long overdue an upgrade, was just a classic issue of not wanting to upgrade with 6 months until the launch of the new cards/chips, and then obviously there's been a huge wait since then as well. We only started using R3D RAW in early 2020 so have only "needed" the upgrade since then. Excited to get the first one built and run some benchmarks, the difference will hopefully be incredible, and this is the first time I've built 3 machines from scratch with entrely new components (normally re-used at least one thing, even if it's the case or the PSU or something).

Soldato

Finally some wireless headphones that sound better than my wired ones (Fidelio)

What are your thoughts so far? A friend of mine recently got the same, but I can't bring my self to getting some as I use HD650's with a decent driver for gaming. But I wouldn't mind some closed back for late night gaming.

Back
Top Bottom