Any easy to install CPU Coolers ?

Associate
I currently have the wraith stealth cooler for my 3600 and was considering an upgrade.
The stealth seems to be the only one which is really easy to install, as you just clip it in an screw it.... All the others have loads of clips, wirey bits and bolts that need to be attached

The wraith spire looks good, however I don't know which ones are the " new ones " which are apparently aluminium rather than copper

500w PSU

Last edited:
Associate
Avoid the Coolermaster Hyper Evo; while it's considered legendary I found the fan to be loud, cooling to be meh, and the installation to be a pain.

I've had really good experience with Noctu/ Be Quiet coolers.

What are you aiming for? Less noise? More cooling for overclocking?

Permabanned
Never really had any issues installing any cooler and have used a fair few over the years. Personally I would be picking on budget, performance, noise and size rather than if they are "easy" to fit. :)

Associate
OP
Less noise yes. No overclocking
The stock fan is good to be fair as I get up to 72c whilst playing cs go and cyberpunk, which is good right ?

The main noise I'm sure comes from the GPU ( rx580 ) as it has two bulky fans on it and only makes loud noise when playing games .

Before getting a new cooler I might consider as new PSU as its 500w coolermaster. Never had any problems with it so just speculative really.

Is be looking at the rm650x by corsair.

In terms of coolers, which ones are good ?

Associate
OP
Budget is £60

Might get the noctua NH U12S. Doesn't look aesthetically pleasing however the performance is supposed to be exceptional.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
The 3600 doesn't need anything overkill like a Noctua imo but I suppose you would be future-proofing for down the line. I have a Cryorig H7 on mine (which wasn't easy as it should have been to fit!) but the Arctic Freezer 34 is a good option too and installation is fairly straight forward compared to some but it does use those fan clips which we all hate. Arctic have their own AMD fitting tutorials on youtube so give them a watch and see what you think.

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
OP
Ok I like the look of the Noctua NH U12s.

Will it be fine with a 500w PSU ? Also no clearance issues with the RAM ? It does state it shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
What Relentless81 said about Mugen 5 Rev. B or Fuma 2. Mugen 5 PCGH edition has low speed 300-800rpm fans and I prefer cooler fans to be able to run up to about 1300rpm. Normal top speed is about 1000-11000rpm when CPU is rendering graphics in hot weather. .

Associate
OP
Is it best to have the fan facing inside the computer, or outwards ? I have a fan on the back of my tower too. This red fan is pulling air into the computer...
50727071567-1778aa58fc-o.jpg

Gone for the nhu12s.
My mobo is a micro-atx, however on the description says it will fit an ATX or Micro ATX

I have a full sized ATX case, and a micro ATX mobo.

I've checked the width of my current cooler, and the Noctua one is actually smaller in diamater ( between the ram on the right and the case on the left )
And 2.5cm different in height. ( up and down )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom