New RAM wont boot

Associate
Just upgraded to Vengeance Pro 3600 32gb and now it wont boot.

I have a B550 Mortar board and Ryzen 5 5600x CPU.

When it originally booted it went to BIOS and I just saved and exited, now I don't get anything. No display. Nothing. I cannot seem to get into BIOS now.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Associate
OP
Get the file and put it onto a usb stick then use the button on the back of your motherboard (providing you have one) look in your manual for instructions.

Only have the one computer, bud

Edit: keyboard isnt recognised/turning on, which could be why it isnt entering bios

Last edited:
Soldato
Brilliant, thank you. Would the jumper cap be supplied with it?

Possibly not, but I just use a flat head screw driver. Just shut down the PC, I personally turn off the power on the PSU as well, touch the screw driver blade to the two metal prongs for 10 seconds, turn power back on the PSU and try powering the machine again.

Associate
OP
Okay, so I messed around with the USB (keyboard wasnt working) and I can now get back into the BIOS - thank god (and Vader).

Now I remember reading something about the A-XMP profile, which was disabled. I am sure I remember reading that I should enable it, could anybody advise on this please.

Soldato
My Teamgroup 3600Mhz RAM (2X8) does the exact same thing, if I use XMP profile 1 it reboots and will not power on. I then have to reset BIOS and use XMP profile 2 in the BIOS which works fine, no idea why the profiles look identical when looking in CPU Z (assuming CPU Z shows the correct details) not sure if you can choose a different XMP profile?

Man of Honour
I don't have your motherboard, but from a video I saw it is in OC settings, DRAM frequency and DRAM voltage. I'd let the board choose the timings.

Associate
OP
Yeah I think I've done as suggested. Will the 2933 be slower than 3600? Should I have just bought 3000hz ram?

Okay - I'm up and running. Does this seem correct? I remember trying to figure something out before with ram and had no idea.

ae97062f4e21a1a3d8160e0ebec8b889.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom