• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
NVIDIA makes more margin than the AIB partner though, benefit of being the manufacturer of the GPU.

Not entirely true, essentially AIB’s were given marketing rebates for the first round of production to try and lower prices towards MSRP of FE cards. These incentives ended October and therefore prices have crept up.

With the complex cooler designs and their manufacturing cost along with the quality of PCB components mean the AIBs are barely making 10% margin.

nVidia has gross margins in the 60%+ range from their own quarterly financial reports. Also when was the last time someone could actually buy an FE card in UK/Europe?

Associate
Hi, I've got a 3080 ordered via finance (plan was to just instantly pay it off when it actually materialised), does anyone know if i cancel my preorder will OCUK/Hitachi strike off the finance? dont want to somehow end up with a loan for nothing to pay

Associate
FYI if you have paid full price for a queue position as described in OCuk's wording of the agreement and OC do not provide a remedy in a situation whereby any card becomes discontinued. OCuk would be in breach of contract and you could claim at the small claims court for any losses such as time or CC charges or any amenity lost.

It would cost you £40 though.

Last edited:
Associate
I feel for folks who have zero of their SKU coming in but us mugs who bought EVGA cards have seen precisely three cards total across all SKUs come in.

I can’t work out if EVGA are mugging me off, OC, or both of us.

Associate
FYI if you have paid full price for a cue position as described in OCuk's wording of the agreement and OC do not provide a remedy in a situation whereby any card becomes discontinued. OCuk would be in breach of contract and you could claim at the small claims court for any losses such as time or CC charges or any amenity lost.

It would cost you £40 though.

I would take the legal advice of someone who doesn’t know the difference between a queue and something you play snooker with, with a pinch of salt though folks.

Associate
I feel for folks who have zero of their SKU coming in but us mugs who bought EVGA cards have seen precisely three cards total across all SKUs come in.

I can't believe how little/none of the zotac trinity's have come through, OC have received shipments from zotac but it was AMP versions. It feels like they've discontinued the card or something. 33rd in Queue right now from 87, a friend of mine was 187th in queue from a Gigabyte eagle and he's received his over a week ago. **** sucks

Associate
i don't imagine ASUS will ever actually admit to it being discontinued due to any potential liabilites. they'll just ship one or two a month just to be able to technically claim they are still in production despite nobody recieving any stock.

Associate
I would take the legal advice of someone who doesn’t know the difference between a queue and something you play snooker with, with a pinch of salt though folks.

Imagine invalidating the opinion of a member of chambers because his dyslexic friend posted the wrong word on the internet.

Associate
I can't believe how little/none of the zotac trinity's have come through, OC have received shipments from zotac but it was AMP versions. It feels like they've discontinued the card or something. 33rd in Queue right now from 87, a friend of mine was 187th in queue from a Gigabyte eagle and he's received his over a week ago. **** sucks
I just pretend that the queue movements aren't cancellations.

Associate
I have been at position 15 for 3080 Ventus for over a month now, but what does that mean if there is no visibility on incoming shipments. Waiting for a reply from MSI, I asked if they are shipping any 3080 Ventus to UK in the near future. Last month they told me "hopefully" my order would be fulfilled in Jan, told them that "hopefully" was not a word I expected a manufacturer to use when referring to short term shipments.
Will post here in the unlikely event that I discover anything.

Associate
Not entirely true, essentially AIB’s were given marketing rebates for the first round of production to try and lower prices towards MSRP of FE cards. These incentives ended October and therefore prices have crept up.

With the complex cooler designs and their manufacturing cost along with the quality of PCB components mean the AIBs are barely making 10% margin.

nVidia has gross margins in the 60%+ range from their own quarterly financial reports. Also when was the last time someone could actually buy an FE card in UK/Europe?

You could buy 3070/3060ti FE's yesterday in the UK, I got a 3070 the week before Christmas. The last time the 3080 was available was 23rd of December.

Associate
Well I cancelled my RTX3080 order and by good luck and the use of a stock checker just picked up a Red Devil 6800XT for the same price at another retailer.

I feel that OcUK has really let it’s customers down and the final straw was @Gibbo failing to respond to my question about how customers who’d been waiting for months would be treated on the new launches.

It’s a really sad day! Been a loyal OcUK customer for over eight years!

Finally can put my 1080ti on eBay!
Not like the 3080 is a better card, and at this point waiting it out is a better bet seeing as at some point soon the stock will build up to the usual rates, also the new launches are still a while away, 3060ti launch didnt go down so well so NVidia is holding off releasing anything new until production rates of the chip and aib cards are at an agreeable level

Associate

Lol tell me about it, will I ever see my card? Even if the news is 'we are unlikely to see cards before March' I would rather know so I can make informed decisions. At the moment I sit and wait for information that doesn't come every week. Hardly a way to treat customers.
There was a large EVGA fallout and rumours early on, now, nothing... What is happening with EVGA, part of me wishes I was much higher in a queue so I didn't feel stuck, it is not unreasonable to have expected at least 30 cards before Christmas and be gaming on my new 3080 by now!!

Back
Top Bottom