• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
OC just need to bite the bullet and move all ASUS TUF 3080 NON-OC cards in to the OC queue.

Just 'zipper' them in:

NON-OC position 1 = OC position 2

NON-OC position 2 = OC position 4

and so on.

ASUS is simply not producing anywhere near an acceptable level of the non-oc version, and people in that queue are going to be waiting months even after all the other queues are cleared.

Other retailers who had the good sense to STOP PREORDERS before they got to ridiculous levels are now able to simply offer people alternative cards that they've cleared the order queues of. OC ruined this for everyone here with their greed.

So now its just time to accept that and give everyone a fair shot.

Associate
OC just need to bite the bullet and move all ASUS TUF 3080 NON-OC cards in to the OC queue.

Just 'zipper' them in:

and so on.

ASUS is simply not producing anywhere near an acceptable level of the non-oc version, and people in that queue are going to be waiting months even after all the other queues are cleared.

Other retailers who had the good sense to STOP PREORDERS before they got to ridiculous levels are now able to simply offer people alternative cards that they've cleared the order queues of. OC ruined this for everyone here with their greed.

I'm not in either Tuf queue, but I don't think that would be fair at all. The TUF OC people paid more for their cards, so getting queue jumped by a non-oc buyer would be a real kick in the teeth.

Associate

Just 'zipper' them in:

and so on.

Nah mate, that ain't fair at all, not our fault you purchased that specific model. Imagine it was the other way around? You also paid less which would add insult to injury. Not on.

Associate
I'm not in either Tuf queue, but I don't think that would be fair at all. The TUF OC people paid more for their cards, so getting queue jumped by a non-oc buyer would be a real kick in the teeth.

Yeah I'm not in that queue but I wouldn't be happy with that either really. But the whole Non-OC and OC separate card thing is total BS anyway. Shouldn't even be a thing.

Associate
You could buy 3070/3060ti FE's yesterday in the UK, I got a 3070 the week before Christmas. The last time the 3080 was available was 23rd of December.

My point with FE cards is not that they aren’t available at all, that quantities are so limited that they may as well be! They are there to provide a fig leaf sized cover for the supposed MSRP of the cards.

if you follow GamerNexus on YouTube you’ll see from his recent hardware news recap videos some of the challenges AIBs are facing.

The problem is that with AMD now competitive at the high end, at least when excluding ray tracing, nVidia either has to sacrifice its 60% margins and have cards widely available at or near MSRP, or push the costs onto AIBs to maintain their margins.

Associate
Not like the 3080 is a better card, and at this point waiting it out is a better bet seeing as at some point soon the stock will build up to the usual rates, also the new launches are still a while away, 3060ti launch didnt go down so well so NVidia is holding off releasing anything new until production rates of the chip and aib cards are at an agreeable level

If only that were true, you will not see 3080’s in volume ever. Soon enough a 3080ti 20GB will be here with an FE price of £999, with a 3080 Super 12GB at £699. Pick your poison wisely.

I could have bought an MSI Suprim 3090 yesterday for £1,749 but I refuse to pay that for a GPU.

Don’t forget that nVidia sold $175M worth of GPU dies to miners in Q4 alone and they were all 3080 dies. That would equate to an additional 350,000-400,000 3080 cards available for gamers.

Associate
If only that were true, you will not see 3080’s in volume ever. Soon enough a 3080ti 20GB will be here with an FE price of £999, with a 3080 Super 12GB at £699. Pick your poison wisely.

I could have bought an MSI Suprim 3090 yesterday for £1,749 but I refuse to pay that for a GPU.

Don’t forget that nVidia sold $175M worth of GPU dies to miners in Q4 alone and they were all 3080 dies. That would equate to an additional 350,000-400,000 3080 cards available for gamers.
Why is everybody obsessed with a 20gb 3080 for $1000 it ain’t gunna happen, a 12gb 3080ti definitely $750
The reason there won’t be a 20gb 3080ti is firstly the huge scarcity of vram for manufacturers right now, would be a bad choice to make a card sapping more vram from stock when it won’t even need it, secondly a 1000 dollar card with virtually identical specs to a 3090 would be again illogical since NVidia won’t want to make the 3090 a redundant card, thirdly 20gb of vram is useless in terms of gaming, 16gb is generous enough from amd, anymore is simply a waste, nobody is going to be gaming at 8k and 4K gaming works well at 10gb of vram, 12gb will simply secure the 4K gap.

Last edited:
Associate
Nah mate, that ain't fair at all, not our fault you purchased that specific model. Imagine it was the other way around? You also paid less which would add insult to injury. Not on.

That's a pretty selfish attitude really.

Imagine a traffic jam on a dual carriage way, caused by a broken down lorry in one lane.

It would be considered poor form for everyone in the non-blocked lane to drive past the blocked lane side just because "its not our fault you chose to be in the that lane".

What would actually happen is the traffic would zipper together and let everyone through.

Associate

they are already hundreds of places ahead of where they should be if ASUS supplied both equally from the start, so i don't think they can really complain. they will still be getting what they paid for weeks, if not months ahead of the non-OC buyers. the pricing should have no bearing on queue positions.

you think it's fairer for non OC buyers to not get any card at all?

Last edited:
Associate

Imagine a traffic jam on a dual carriage way, caused by a broken down lorry in one lane.

It would be considered poor form for everyone in the non-blocked lane to drive past the blocked lane side just because "its not our fault you chose to be in the that lane".

What would actually happen is the traffic would zipper together and let everyone through.
Its much more like being on the M6 or the M6 toll.. you paid extra and there's no accident. Accident on the M6, well looks like you'll have to wait. But in an ideal world we'd all have cards!
The idea wasn't bad but it's not fair to those waiting to merge queues.

Permabanned
Tbf I think @ScottiB is the man with the line to MSI, I can be patient and will be but when its absolute radio silence from day 1 in terms of Ventus and we are only moving due to cancellations its seriously becoming an annoyance now!
Think this is more of a MSI issue by the looks of it then OC, they seem to be trying to get it but have no luck.

Associate

Except on this road you’ve paid a £700 toll and getting out the other end means you get what you want. Should ASUS confirm a model is vapourware there is only one outcome. Mass refunds.

Back
Top Bottom