• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
If anyone fancies a Corsair 2 x 8pin PCEI to 12 pin Nvidia cable give me a shout, I have one on the way from Corsair but my Corsair PSU arrived DOA so going with another PSU which the cable doesnt work with.

Thanks

Associate
Isnt that just a benchmark though and not a game?

I use a wall meter to watch power draw and the undervolt makes a good difference when your using your machine all day every day for work, gaming, productivity.

I'm talking actually playing the game. My point is for a given power budget, the voltage could not climb as high in game vs the benchmark.

Soldato
If anyone fancies a Corsair 2 x 8pin PCEI to 12 pin Nvidia cable give me a shout, I have one on the way from Corsair but my Corsair PSU arrived DOA so going with another PSU which the cable doesnt work with.

Thanks
I'd love to have that mate, I am in the process on switching to corsair PSU to try to solve a very annoying coil wine issue!

Associate
Hi do u guys get any update on queue? I just got a mail on 8th of January that says DPD suspended delivery to Ireland and they may restart on the 2nd half of the week... it's 19th now and still no new email or update. No queue update (I understand there is no delivery now to ireland, yet I still expect jump 10 place in the queue if they deliver 10 cards within the UK.

A2B

A2B

Associate
The reason is that Port Royal seems to draw much less power on average (oddly, as I thought that ray tracing workloads generally drew more), meaning that the card could go hit high clocks by using over 1V.

Don't forget that the card only has a limited number of RT resources. That makes sense as rasterization (ie. non ray-traced rendering) is still the majority if not all of most games' workload. So if a benchmark makes heavy use of RT only (or mainly), the rasterization resources will be under-utilised, meaning the card may draw less power.

Associate
Don't forget that the card only has a limited number of RT resources. That makes sense as rasterization (ie. non ray-traced rendering) is still the majority if not all of most games' workload. So if a benchmark makes heavy use of RT only (or mainly), the rasterization resources will be under-utilised, meaning the card may draw less power.

I see. I guess I was expecting ray tracing to generally use more power based on what I noticed with Control, but I guess that is ray tracing plus heavy rasterisation.

Soldato
I see. I guess I was expecting ray tracing to generally use more power based on what I noticed with Control, but I guess that is ray tracing plus heavy rasterisation.

Control is one of the heaviest games as you say, another is CP2077 I find. Benchmarks which use RT are heavy and even pure rasterization ones like timespy. Basically wherever you hit the power limit is usually the more demanding stuff. Some RT games like watchdogs or COD coldwar are less demanding. The increased power target of AIB cards like the EVGA 3080 you had at 450w will allow a more consistent clockspeed due to higher power budget.

on the other hand I find it effective with my 3090FE to set up a couple of profiles for this reason. My day to day profile in most games such as AC valhalla for example is 2160Mhz @ undervolt of 1.025v and it will do that fine fluctuating at that or 2145Mhz. This is largely fine as even at 4k maxed out in likes of AC Valhalla, I am not smashing into the power target. However if I go into control with that same setup, my card will smash off the 400w power limit and dip up and down constantly. I find in such instances, its more effective to use a secondary gaming profile I have which is 0.95v @ 2040 Mhz. by reducing the voltage, but more importantly clock speed, it stays more within the 400w power limit of the FE model and smash's less against the 400w target seeing a more consistent FPS then if I try to force the card to achieve a higher clock speed.

The 400w limit is not too bad truth be told, but it will show its head in some games like control RT or benchmarks more so which is where AIB models with BIOS's that allow more W come into there own.

Associate
Hi do u guys get any update on queue? I just got a mail on 8th of January that says DPD suspended delivery to Ireland and they may restart on the 2nd half of the week... it's 19th now and still no new email or update. No queue update (I understand there is no delivery now to ireland, yet I still expect jump 10 place in the queue if they deliver 10 cards within the UK.

I think this answers your question...

Ireland orders are not losing their queue positions, those orders are held with stock assigned, once the DPD issue is sorted by DPD, then those orders will ship, to my knowledge a card is assigned to your order if your queue position is met, so stop worrying. The courier and Brexit issue is out of our control and is being sorted by warehouse logistics and the couriers of which I am not privy too.

Caporegime
Meanwhile a competitor and DPD could ship my 3080fe and have it delivered to NI within 2 days......

Loads of people in mainland uk still waiting after a week for their items to ship and these are items, which are in stock at ocuk!

Associate
Meanwhile a competitor and DPD could ship my 3080fe and have it delivered to NI within 2 days......

Loads of people in mainland uk still waiting after a week for their items to ship and these are items, which are in stock at ocuk!

+1. I've tried to support OCUK out of respect for the fact that they give us these forums, but the bits I had to order from a competitor came on Tuesday after placing the order Monday afternoon. OCUK order placed on Saturday still showing as received, not shipped. I mean, I can wait, but it does seem a bit of a mess up in there.

Associate
+1. I've tried to support OCUK out of respect for the fact that they give us these forums, but the bits I had to order from a competitor came on Tuesday after placing the order Monday afternoon. OCUK order placed on Saturday still showing as received, not shipped. I mean, I can wait, but it does seem a bit of a mess up in there.
I ordered some bits on Monday also not shipped yet, looks like I’ll be waiting a while yet if your order was on Saturday.

Very frustrating.....COVID status is green on the homepage and says business as usual.

Caporegime
NI isn't a problem, it is shipments south of the border that are stuck for now.
Yup that may well be the case for Ireland and DPD but doesn't change the fact that ocuk service and next day delivery has gone to **** completely regardless of Ireland. Few friends are still waiting on their parts to be delivered after a week now and they are based in UK mainland so no excuses here for ocuk.....

Granted demand and covid etc. will have an impact but if competitors are able to ship and have items delivered within a couple of days then ocuk badly need to review their warehouse system or/and hire more people....

Associate
I ordered some bits on Monday also not shipped yet, looks like I’ll be waiting a while yet if your order was on Saturday.

Very frustrating.....COVID status is green on the homepage and says business as usual.

To be fair it was Saturday evening, but like others say, competitors are smashing it. Oh well. I'm just hoping it will actually show and they won't suddenly tell me that all of the in stock stuff I ordered is out of stock.

Back
Top Bottom