• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
They are really well built, heavy and cool the card. Memory chips get hot on some AIB versions which means poor contact or not thought went into the back of the cards on them. The FE is a great buy this gen for sure!
This^^
My fan curve has always been one to one and the Aorus 1080Ti extreme was also good on cooling, low 60's is the highest it went in the summer. This 3090FE cuts at least 10 degrees off that and it ticks over in the low 20's only thing with Afterburner is the fan won't drop below 30%
I also had the issue where after I installed the card I had 4 beeps at boot up, it booted fine and worked fine but the 4 beeps was unnerving, a quick google and quick jump into Bios and disable CSM Support, job done.

I am very pleased with this 3090, it's my first Founders Edition and I haven't really considered them before, I shall in the future, very far into the future hopefully :)

Permabanned
Soldato
I will no doubt find out tomorrow.

What is the default lowest Auto fan speed on the 3090FE (example 1000 FE series is 23%).

If I get issues with AB, I will try and control it in Argus Monitor.

Found a fix for 3080/3090 FE Fan speed in Msi After Burner : nvidia (reddit.com)

GitHub - Rem0o/FanControl.Releases: This is the release repository for Fan Control, a highly customizable fan controlling software for Windows.

stock is 0 rpm with default fan profile under certain temp, after that comes on very slowly. If going custom then that has weird steps in MSI ab with 30% being minimum if you go custom. Tbh stock fan profile is okay on the card combined with massive heat sink, so quiet it’s mental. I just leave mine at stock on the 3090FE and if benching or something then go custom.

Associate
I will no doubt find out tomorrow.

What is the default lowest Auto fan speed on the 3090FE (example 1000 FE series is 23%).

If I get issues with AB, I will try and control it in Argus Monitor.

Found a fix for 3080/3090 FE Fan speed in Msi After Burner : nvidia (reddit.com)

GitHub - Rem0o/FanControl.Releases: This is the release repository for Fan Control, a highly customizable fan controlling software for Windows.

Looks like he was having issues with fan speed not sticking to the curve he set, but it also mentioned a curve between 30% and 100%.
My curve is working fine but with my 1080Ti would go lower than 30% this one will only go as low as 30% but above that it's working as it should, ie: 50% @ 50 degrees etc

I also use Corsairs ICUE software and that also has a fan curve but I prefer AfterBurner, ICUE for the RGB and power monitoring:)

Permabanned
I usually have 2 profiles, a 2D and 3D, I leave Fan auto on 2D so it can speed up down playing heavy video etc and in 3D I can live with 70-80% Gaming or even 100% in Benches.

Then card will jump to 3D profile when I load up a game and drop back to 2D speeds then eventually idle when I close it and will jump to the 2D profile if I load up YouTube HD+ or Emby.

Permabanned
Looks like he was having issues with fan speed not sticking to the curve he set, but it also mentioned a curve between 30% and 100%.
My curve is working fine but with my 1080Ti would go lower than 30% this one will only go as low as 30% but above that it's working as it should, ie: 50% @ 50 degrees etc

I also use Corsairs ICUE software and that also has a fan curve but I prefer AfterBurner, ICUE for the RGB and power monitoring:)

I have tried not to install iCUE bloated junk TBH, I have the older Corsair LINK (last ever version) for my AX1600i (I do not have RGB), in reality I do not really need it.

Ideally I want to let the PSU fan spin at 20% or so at idle instead of ZERO RPM but it does not allows this in the later versions of LINK (nor iCUE) and the earlier versions of LINK that did or the modded version on Reddit are too old to detect my PSU.

Associate
I have tried not to install iCUE bloated junk TBH, I have the older Corsair LINK (last ever version) for my AX1600i (I do not have RGB), in reality I do not really need it.

Ideally I want to let the PSU fan spin at 20% or so at idle instead of ZERO RPM but it does not allows this in the later versions of LINK (nor iCUE) and the earlier versions of LINK that did or the modded version on Reddit are too old to detect my PSU.

Yeah I installed Link first for my AX860i but ICUE seems to give more options and with that I can monitor the PSU and GPU power at the same time.

Associate
Nothing from Nvidia to indicate that the 3060 will have a FE edition, be interesting to see if UK etailers sell the card at MRSP. Taken from Nvidia website

"Where to Buy
The GeForce RTX 3060 will be available in late February, starting at $329, as custom boards — including stock-clocked and factory-overclocked models — from top add-in card providers such as ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac. Look for GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs at major retailers and etailers, as well as in gaming systems by major manufacturers and leading system builders worldwide."

Back
Top Bottom