Doom 3 Quest VR

Associate
Seeing as I played the original for all of 10 minutes, before giving up as I was too terrified, I fear this might be a bit much for me. How does the requirement to own the original game get checked? I believe I had a disk but unlikely I'll find that again.

Soldato
Seeing as I played the original for all of 10 minutes, before giving up as I was too terrified, I fear this might be a bit much for me. How does the requirement to own the original game get checked? I believe I had a disk but unlikely I'll find that again.

You need to copy the game files across manually to the Quest. Best thing is to get a cheap digital copy. It's been on sale for as low as a couple of pounds, and it'll be patched to the latest version. Disk versions will have to be installed (if you can install them), and then patched (if you can find the right patches) before you can copy the files across.

Associate
You need to copy the game files across manually to the Quest. Best thing is to get a cheap digital copy. It's been on sale for as low as a couple of pounds, and it'll be patched to the latest version. Disk versions will have to be installed (if you can install them), and then patched (if you can find the right patches) before you can copy the files across.

Thanks

Will just put it on my Steam wishlist and grab it when it goes on sale. Not something I'm likely to play for long anyway, but my son likes that sort of thing :)

Soldato
This is the first side-loaded game I've been playing in preference to the Oculus Store apps.

I've got all the other side-loaded ports - HL1, Doom, Quake, RTCW, etc., but this one is in a whole different league. I could see this selling for £20+ on the Oculus store if it were an official port.

Associate
What refresh rate and settings are people playing this at as I started this and felt like I was getting motion sickness but can spend 2 hours on walking dead and no problems

Soldato
What refresh rate and settings are people playing this at as I started this and felt like I was getting motion sickness but can spend 2 hours on walking dead and no problems

I use 72hz. and I disable the body and crouched body. Other than that, haven't changed anything.

EDIT: I removed the body because when you turn around in real life sometimes the body wouldn't turn without. And you end up basically looking though the back of your own head :p

Associate
I use 72hz. and I disable the body and crouched body. Other than that, haven't changed anything.

EDIT: I removed the body because when you turn around in real life sometimes the body wouldn't turn without. And you end up basically looking though the back of your own head :p
I still get motion sickness with this game but no other game affects me strange though

Associate
I know you can scale the Hud but is there any way to lower it? I can't read the box that pops up in the top left now and again.

The PDA is also buggy and comes up behind my head.

Back
Top Bottom