• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It's not the same with Ventus, Ventus have had no deliveries at all since before Christmas. I'm 4th in queue. Any movement you have had has been cancellations

Early November iirc, since then one ok shipment would have seen me get the card.
I want off mr bones wild ride.

Associate
3440x1440p over HDMI?? thats a 50Hz max. have the AW34320DW here and have my work laptop hooked up over HDMI, and have a 2070 mobile over DP to get the 120Hz. not sure if you'd call 50Hz "getting by", but i play mostly open world stuff anyway. not a huge FPS fan, play a few on a different monitor.

Have to admit not tried changing to 50Hz but really I want the PC back up and running for all the non gaming stuff too. General use, media (corp have even blocked streaming music) and frankly any work related stuff not needing my corp network (work laptop wouldn’t be that terrible if it wasn't for a ton of crap on it made it run so.....miss my 12C ryzen, pcie4 nvme a lot. And 144Hz was lovely for 2D too). Thanks for the response :).

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB @Gibbo if this is the case for any graphics card, what would happen to those in the queue?
Sorry I can't be more enlightening, but if a confirmed issue arises then we'll discuss possible solutions. Until then, we can't waste precious time worrying about something that might not happen when there are so many actual problems which need our energy.
We talk to Gigabyte almost daily and this is nothing but a wild rumour.

Associate
Do you have any updates on the Zotac Trinity, I've been seeing loads of updates on other cards but no mention's of Zotac. I'm que position 58 and its not moving much I'm guessing people are cancelling that's why its moving not stock being in.

Associate
Sorry I can't be more enlightening, but if a confirmed issue arises then we'll discuss possible solutions. Until then, we can't waste precious time worrying about something that might not happen when there are so many actual problems which need our energy.
We talk to Gigabyte almost daily and this is nothing but a wild rumour.
Thanks for the response, I wish people stopped spreading these rumours

Associate
3440x1440p over HDMI?? thats a 50Hz max. have the AW34320DW here and have my work laptop hooked up over HDMI, and have a 2070 mobile over DP to get the 120Hz. not sure if you'd call 50Hz "getting by", but i play mostly open world stuff anyway. not a huge FPS fan, play a few on a different monitor.
Yeah sorry, I do use the GTX over DP. I might have had one or two confusing beers last night..!

Soldato
Put simply, high demand on pretty much all electrical items during lock down = limited supply on even the most basic components such as capacitors, buffer stocks dry up, so pricing of those components goes up.
High demand for shipping containers mean that shipping companies, shipping agents & ports can increase pricing ten fold and still not put companies off, those costs have to be passed on.

we've been told to expect more price increases next month because costs are still increasing.

The world is in a bad place, at one moment in time capacity would simply be increased, with maybe marginal price increases. Now its just not produce more and instead charge big hikes to substitute for selling more.

Lots of stories about chinese manufacturers hitting capacity limits without building new factories.

Associate
15/01/21 queue position 313
22/01/21 queue position 312

29/01/21 queue position 306

= 7 in three weeks
= 2.33 per week
306 / 2.33 = 131 weeks

= August 2023

:(

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
manufacturers hitting capacity limits without building new factories.
This isn't a dig at you but, this is an example of what I meant a couple of days ago when I mentioned people taking incredibly complex situations and suggesting a really simple solution. I've specifically taken the "Chinese" part out of this post because there's absolutely no reason to distinguish between nationalities in this. Being at max capacity is both a blessing and a curse. You can't just invest in new facilities if you can't be sure that the demand will remain long term, this is how companies go boom and bust. Even if you can find a location you've got to be able to find the machinery that you need, and the staff to operate it...and then who trains these staff members when everybody you have on staff is already pushed to their limit? do you sacrifice productivity for a month or two?
So, great, you've made a massive upfront investment, found or built another building, populated it with machines, tools & a much larger work force, but can you source all of the parts that you need to double production? & what happens when your production capacity exceeds demand? you've now got double the costs without double the ongoing revenue. Can you survive in that situation?

it's a similar situation for us at the moment...phone lines jammed - "hire more staff" - but what about training? network capacity? phones? ongoing staffing costs once demand returns to normal?
Warehouse swamped - "hire more staff" - but what about training? Covid protocols? we've already got as many people as we can safely fit in our warehouse space..."get a bigger warehouse" - but what about our lease? what if we can't find a suitable location? "build one" - finding a site, planning permission, build, integrate network, move - that's a two year job at best.
"I'm fed up of waiting why don't you offer us an alternative card?" - see above, phone lines are jammed, we don't have the man power to contact hundreds of customers to have that conversation - "so hire more staff" - rinse & repeat - "allow us to do it online" - How? our website can't manage that - "get a new website" - We are! we've been working on it for two years already, off the shelf solutions don't exist for a company like us who require complex features such as those which you are asking for.

You see what I mean?
There are always complexities, blockers and long term considerations for ever apparently simple problem. People get angry because they believe that the solution to their problem is simple and think that companies are lazy or negligent for not carrying out said simple solution, but very few people truly grasp the actual magnitude of even the 'smallest' changes, and the bigger the company the harder it is to make such changes.

It's a lot easier to turn a two seater speedboat than a 300 metre container ship.

We'll talk to our grand children about the Covid Wars. The dark times when we fought for our electronics!

Crypto miners/Scalpers are def siding with the Sith that's for sure... :p
Pass me my lightsaber and point me in their direction!

= 7 in three weeks
= 2.33 per week
306 / 2.33 = 131 weeks

= August 2023

:(

Come on dude, chin up.
Maths like that is the equivalent of planning a drive from London to Manchester and assuming that because it'll take an hour to do the first twenty miles to get outside of the M25, that it's going to take another ten hours to do the next 200 miles.

Last edited:
Associate
it's a similar situation for us at the moment...phone lines jammed - "hire more staff" - but what about training? network capacity? phones? ongoing staffing costs once demand returns to normal?
Warehouse swamped - "hire more staff" - but what about training? Covid protocols? we've already got as many people as we can safely fit in our warehouse space..."get a bigger warehouse" - but what about our lease? what if we can't find a suitable location? "build one" - finding a site, planning permission, build, integrate network, move - that's a two year job at best.
"I'm fed up of waiting why don't you offer us an alternative card?" - see above, phone lines are jammed, we don't have the man power to contact hundreds of customers to have that conversation - "so hire more staff" - rinse & repeat - "allow us to do it online" - How? our website can't manage that - "get a new website" - We are! we've been working on it for two years already, off the shelf solutions don't exist for a company like us who require complex features such as those which you are asking for.

Fair points Scotti but you have to admit that other UK Etailers of comparable size to yourselves are facing the exact same situation and yet are still managing to get orders out within promised delivery times. There are numerous complaints on Trustpilot about waiting times for things being ordered and showing as in stock on your website yet people are waiting days and sometimes weeks to receive this stuff and in some cases having to chase you up for days on end only to be told their item is now out of stock. You have to admit that there are definitely big problems with your systems that need to be sorted sooner rather than later. Not everything can be covered with an explanation of blame Covid, Brexit, the EU etc.

(edited for grammar error)

Associate
@ScottiB regarding upgrades is there any possibility to make similar queue update email system. Everyone who is on list get email with lets say few options to upgrade or cancel order. Example : option 1 get alternative card with no charge, option 2 get better card with lets say 100£ charge, option 3 cancel order? Just as idea don't need to be exact like that

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
[
Fair points Scotti but you have to admit that other UK Etailers of comparable size to yourselves are facing the exact same situation and yet are still managing to get orders out within promised delivery times. There are numerous complaints on Trustpilot about waiting times for things being ordered and showing as in stock on your website yet people are waiting days and sometimes weeks to receive this stuff and in some cases having to chase you up for days on end only to be told their item is now out of stock. You have to admit that there are definitely big problems with your systems that need to be sorted sooner rather than later. Not everything can be covered with an explanation of blame Covid, Brexit, the EU etc.

(edited for grammar error)
The guys that I would assume that most ppl would assume are "comparable size" though have much larger infrastructures and more staff. Admittedly, our systems are out of date but, as mentioned before, we're investing heavily in upgrading them. Personally I spend an average of four hours per week in meetings with various development teams working on three distinct new systems, all of which we aim to launch this calendar year.

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB regarding upgrades is there any possibility to make similar queue update email system. Everyone who is on list get email with lets say few options to upgrade or cancel order. Example : option 1 get alternative card with no charge, option 2 get better card with lets say 100£ charge, option 3 cancel order? Just as idea don't need to be exact like that
no, as mentioned just two posts ago, due to the volume of calls and webnotes being received, we don't have the man power to manually handle that volume of changes and the conversations that we'd have to engage in.

again, it's more complex than it seems on the surface..we dont hold your card details so we can't take payments without having you on the phone. If you paid with Amazon or paypal we simply can't offer you any such options at all due to their T&Cs...

Associate
ok, let’s try some more optimistic maths

23/10/20 queue position 1017

721 cards in 14 weeks
= 50 cards per week
= 7 weeks

= March 20th ???

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
ok, let’s try some more optimistic maths

23/10/20 queue position 1017

721 cards in 14 weeks
= 50 cards per week
= 7 weeks

= March 20th ???
wish I knew, I've been both surprised and disappointed more times than I care to remember since these launches. What I would say is that I'm not expecting much until the late Feb. There might be a lump delivery when Asus manage to get the deliveries stuck in customs through, but I'm hopeful that we'll get a fair whack of stock in March after the usual two/three week Chinese New Year lull.

-

Associate
Do you have any updates on the Zotac Trinity, I've been seeing loads of updates on other cards but no mention's of Zotac. I'm que position 58 and its not moving much I'm guessing people are cancelling that's why its moving not stock being in.
If I recall correctly, they get these straight from the manufacturer meaning they don't have any updates until the stock physically arrives. (As opposed to getting stock from a local supplier.)

Back
Top Bottom