• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will my 3600x bottleneck?

Associate
What do you guys and girls reckon. I have just brought a Sapphire nitro+ oc RX 6800 GPU. I use a 1440 144hz monitor and am wondering if i need to upgrade my CPU . My mother board is an Taichi x570 so no issues there with moving to zen3 if required.

Soldato
IMO no, the 3600x won’t be a bottleneck, it’ll be fine. There will be increases on Zen 3 in some instances, and if you want to upgrade I guess it wouldn’t be the worst thing, especially considering you’ll be able to sell the 3600x easily second hand.

hardware unboxed did a video showing what you are likely to see as an increase, if any, going up from a 3600

Permabanned
I upgraded from the 3600 to a 5800X. I couldn't get the 5600X. The difference in Arma 3 multiplayer is amazing. So much faster. Star Citizen is kinda playable, shame it is a bore fest. CSGO my frames never drop below 380. I upgraded because I am replacing my laptop with a mini ITX build using the 3600. I haven't seen much difference in the console ports (AAA titles). A bit faster but not night and day like Arma 3.

Soldato
What do you guys and girls reckon. I have just brought a Sapphire nitro+ oc RX 6800 GPU. I use a 1440 144hz monitor and am wondering if i need to upgrade my CPU . My mother board is an Taichi x570 so no issues there with moving to zen3 if required.
You know the old adage, keep all the bits same gen, then you know its all working at its best. True, but not cheap ;)

Associate

Doesn't it depend on your choice of games?
I have a 3600 abd it doesn't bottleneck the games my kids play at 4K 144 fps.

Back
Top Bottom