• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
does anyone else feel like me ? This is disastrous

It is a fiasco, but I wouldn't describe the way I feel as angry. I'm in the relatively lucky position of having a good gaming PC that will only be made better if and when my card eventually arrives, so I appreciate I don't have the same emotional investment in receiving my card that someone new to PC gaming has, for instance, much less someone relying on the card for a planned career change or someone who made the decision to sell their old card or console when they ordered the new card. I can totally understand how those people would be angry or otherwise upset.

What I feel is better described as frustrated. The delay itself is of course frustrating, but more than that I think this release has highlighted how little regard the industry has for its market, top to bottom. Every step of the supply chain is milking everything they can from the step below them. What's worse is there are enough end users desperate to get their hands on a graphics card that they are willing to compromise their consumer rights and basic common sense for the privilege.

Associate
It is a fiasco, but I wouldn't describe the way I feel as angry. I'm in the relatively lucky position of having a good gaming PC that will only be made better if and when my card eventually arrives, so I appreciate I don't have the same emotional investment in receiving my card that someone new to PC gaming has, for instance, much less someone relying on the card for a planned career change or someone who made the decision to sell their old card or console when they ordered the new card. I can totally understand how those people would be angry or otherwise upset.

What I feel is better described as frustrated. The delay itself is of course frustrating, but more than that I think this release has highlighted how little regard the industry has for its market, top to bottom. Every step of the supply chain is milking everything they can from the step below them. What's worse is there are enough end users desperate to get their hands on a graphics card that they are willing to compromise their consumer rights and basic common sense for the privilege.

Agreed, this is really an Nvidia issue, but as long as they have market dominance they won't really care.....

Associate
1st of feb + 12 days =13th feb(Saturday)
by my calculations you will receive it on Saturday or Monday
but @Gibbo when do you expect the msi shipment to arrive?
it was expected last week but we knew it would never arrive on time

edit:
the 12 days are the time between another shipment expected arrival and actual arrival times

Associate
Not sure Nvidia is all that fussed, their share price has more than doubled last 12 mths.
The impending AMD-Nvidia price war is now a thing of myth and fantasy, much like a David Cameron speech.

Lol, yes. Nvidia won't give a rats ass until someone comes up with something that truly hits their bottom line...might take a while especially with Nvidia standards being so ingrained....

Associate
Card arrived today, overall very happy with it. Tiny bit of coil whine at max load in some games but nothing I can hear with my headset on :)

Also there was no telling that my card was coming accoring to the shipment updates, so yeah plesently surprised.

Associate
Card arrived today, overall very happy with it. Tiny bit of coil whine at max load in some games but nothing I can hear with my headset on :)

Also there was no telling that my card was coming accoring to the shipment updates, so yeah plesently surprised.
Was it though dpd?

Associate
I managed to seal a MSI Gaming Trio X 3080 today from a competitor for a very good price, finally the 4 month search ends.

I will be celebrating tonight with a lovely chicken curry

I found they were selling stock they hadn’t got and ended up cancelling my order after hearing nothing from them, and got fed up after chasing for two months and being lied to. Hopefully won’t be the same with you.

Back
Top Bottom