Coca Cola : "Be less white"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
In the games industry the whole woke thing seems to have already been dropped. "Go woke, go broke" is the saying and it's true.

Wokists were demanding this and that in games, but weren't the people buying the product and normal people weren't interested in that sort of content.

Capodecina
Soldato
In the games industry the whole woke thing seems to have already been dropped. "Go woke, go broke" is the saying and it's true.

Wokists were demanding this and that in games, but weren't the people buying the product and normal people weren't interested in that sort of content.

I've noticed a huge drop in wokeism since the start of the 2020s. I think the pandemic has made people reassess what's really important.

Woke is so 2010s.

Soldato
I've noticed a huge drop in wokeism since the start of the 2020s. I think the pandemic has made people reassess what's really important.

Woke is so 2010s.

There's still too many big companies following what a tiny vocal minority say on Twitter instead of looking to service the vast majority of their customers. Unless it's the customers in China or the Middle East.

Soldato
Turns out the slides were part of a LinkeIn Learning course. So likely available to a very large audience in workplaces.

It's now been pulled following "outrage". I say leave it there, but with a warning that it's a theory.

LBC is the only UK source I can find quite now. Not exactly the best source of information I know.

Capodecina
Soldato
Turns out the slides were part of a LinkeIn Learning course. So likely available to a very large audience in workplaces.

It's now been pulled following "outrage". I say leave it there, but with a warning that it's a theory.

Good, people should be outraged by it, blacks and whites. It's utterly despicable.

EDIT: looking at those slides, Nigel Farage was actually kind of right. The slides literally say that to be white is to be oppressive, arrogant and ignorant.

Soldato

My issue with this, is that at what point does the development of the ideas (based around Communist philosophical beliefs) become the product of Western thinkers. This stuff has gone through numerous iterations to get to this point. It's 99% Western at this point. Or is the argument that this is the East winning the "long game" to destroy the West from within, a course set over a century ago, before the internet and computers? I don't buy it. The West is doing this to itself, and it's powerless to stop it thanks to our liberal ideals.

Capodecina
Soldato
The West is doing this to itself, and it's powerless to stop it thanks to our liberal ideals.

A lot of it is because of social media. When it gained traction, many people who wanted attention but who had nothing else of use or learning to say came out the woodwork. By stoking up radical liberal issues it's win/win for those involved because they can shoot down easily anyone who counters them by taking the moral highroad and gaining followers the more they stamp their feet. Social media is an utter cancer on the human race, because it brings out the very worst in people and then encourages them to continue.

Fortunately things seem to be getting to the point where people are checking themselves and saying "hang on, is this actually true and has it gone too far?". When you start creating presentations like this and a company as large and powerful as Coca Cola starts projecting the idea that "being white is bad", that's when things have to drastically change.

And the irony is that none of this has done anything to improve race relations. If anything it's made them worse, because the true intent was never to improve them in the first place, but just to create attention for those spearheading the movements.

Soldato
Good, people should be outraged by it, blacks and whites. It's utterly despicable.

EDIT: looking at those slides, Nigel Farage was actually kind of right. The slides literally say that to be white is to be oppressive, arrogant and ignorant.

Robin DiAngelo is a best selling author though. With a PhD in the content at hand to boot. Why should she not be championed through training courses? Clearly popular enough to be a best seller - got a lot of "support" for the ideas there.

The thread title should be "Robin DiAngelo training course being used in workplace inclusiveness training across without challenge or balance".

We all know why it won't be challenged, because if you challenge it (not deny it, just question it) you are a target for being labelled problematic, it's purposefully designed this way and why it's got so far. Theories must be allowed to be challenged to allow them to be proven, or improved like all other science.

Nigel Farage has an agenda of his own, he'll use this as a way of antagonising people, stir the froth and recruit people to his equally warped ideals. Bringing him in to this thread like Tony did is such a blatant act of whataboutery that I've become accustomed to on this topic, always playing the man and not the ball.

Capodecina
Soldato
Robin DiAngelo is a best selling author though. With a PhD in the content at hand to boot. Why should she not be championed through training courses?

Because the course content is disgustingly racist and has wide-ranging ramifications and potential to stoke further racism and self-hatred among whites. It doesn't matter what her qualifications are.

We all know why it won't be challenged, because if you challenge it (not deny it, just question it) you are a target for being labelled problematic, it's purposefully designed this way and why it's got so far. Theories must be allowed to be challenged to allow them to be proven, or improved like all other science.

Indeed, agreed.

Nigel Farage has an agenda of his own, he'll use this as a way of antagonising people, stir the froth and recruit people to his equally warped ideals. Bringing him in to this thread like Tony did is such a blatant act of whataboutery that I've become accustomed to on this topic, always playing the man and not the ball.

Also agreed, I only mentioned it because I was surprised that he was right about it. I thought he was exaggerating but he wasn't.

Soldato
There's still too many big companies following what a tiny vocal minority say on Twitter instead of looking to service the vast majority of their customers. Unless it's the customers in China or the Middle East.

Yep, in one part of the world they say one thing and in another something else. Its all a box ticking exercise and they dont really care, but it ****** people off.

Soldato
@Lysander, you missed the "Clearly popular enough to be a best seller - got a lot of "support" for the ideas there." part I put in. It has quite substantial support already, the genie is out of the bottle. It's been ignored and brushed off by liberals and allowed to reach this point. Once something gets a certain level of support behind it, it's hard to push back without blowback.

You also have to remember this is not just in the arena of race. It's all minority identity groups making their case of being oppressed using the same ideology.

Man of Honour
Robin DiAngelo is a best selling author though. With a PhD in the content at hand to boot. Why should she not be championed through training courses? Clearly popular enough to be a best seller - got a lot of "support" for the ideas there.

The thread title should be "Robin DiAngelo training course being used in workplace inclusiveness training across without challenge or balance".

Robin DiAngelo's material is based on the principles of a Kafkatrap.

As you say, it won't be challenged - because challenging or denying it means you are guilty by default.

To take DiAngelo's theories:

You are white? Then you are invested in, and collude with, racism.
If you can't admit that, or you actively deny, or sit there in awkward silence over the the above allegation? It's because you are blinded by white fragility - and that is because you are a white racist.

How can you counter that argument?
You are in the wrong - and if you dispute that you are in the wrong, then that in itself is proof that you are in the wrong.

It's a horrible form of constructing an argument or theory, but it's one that is increasingly employed.

Capodecina
Soldato
Robin DiAngelo's material is based on the principles of a Kafkatrap.

As you say, it won't be challenged - because challenging or denying it means you are guilty by default.

To take DiAngelo's theories:

You are white? Then you are invested in, and collude with, racism.
If you can't admit that, or you actively deny, or sit there in awkward silence over the the above allegation? It's because you are blinded by white fragility - and that is because you are a white racist.

How can you counter that argument?
You are in the wrong - and if you dispute that you are in the wrong, then that in itself is proof that you are in the wrong.

It's a horrible form of constructing an argument or theory, but it's one that is increasingly employed.

Aren't we getting to the point whereby people are realising how these arguments are constructed and are therefore starting to criticise the whole game? The argument process is at fault, and I think people are starting to wake up to that now, and that's what the Coco Cola thing shows.

Man of Honour
Aren't we getting to the point whereby people are realising how these arguments are constructed and are therefore starting to criticise the whole game? The argument process is at fault, and I think people are starting to wake up to that now, and that's what the Coco Cola thing shows.
I would say that there are two factors.

One one hand, people are getting wise to this form of argument. They're realising that it is basically a trap and that they cannot win.
On the other hand, this form of argument is ever-increasing.

It's all set up for a massive clash tbh.

Soldato
This whole woke movement is just anti straight white male, nothing else. If you are a straight white male supporting this then you are actively encouraging discrimination against yourself and anyone you know who shares those attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom