Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
I have no opinion on her. It's clear as day that there is a media and Palace campaign against her though. Where is the Palace investigation of Andrew huh? Where is the concerted media campaign to get to the truth of the far more serious allegations against him? There is none and he's even returning to royal duties. Oh he's a good boy really.

This is what I find most amusing. People (in general, not specifically here) are acting like Meghan is dragging the royal family though the dirt yet people don't keep the same energy that they have for Meghan as they do for a nonce who doesn't sweat and goes to pizza express in the afternoon.

Utter joke

Associate
This is what I find most amusing. People (in general, not specifically here) are acting like Meghan is dragging the royal family though the dirt yet people don't keep the same energy that they have for Meghan as they do for a nonce who doesn't sweat and goes to pizza express in the afternoon.

Utter joke

Pretty sure if you start a thread about how you think Andrew is just misunderstood and a great guy really and just being bullied by the family then you'll see plenty of 'energy'.

Permabanned
Haha guilty until proven innocent! And I won't believe its any other way because the tabloid press has been hammering these stories for years! No smoke without fire!

I haven't read a newspaper, let alone a tabloid newspaper for over a decade and even then it was under duress. Projecting your own personal boogeyman on me is not a good look for you, my man.

As I have previously stated I'm a staunch republican and this knock off reality show-esque tit for tat at the taxpayers expense is tone deaf.

But as somebody who has "no opinion on her" you're getting pretty caremad right now. :)

Soldato

Utter joke
I'm sure if Andrew did an Oprah interview about how he's been victimised then he would be in the spotlight again, the fact that stepping back for him actually means keeping his head down has kept him out of the media and same would have worked for Meghan and Harry but they have chose to put themselves up in lights which I find odd given this is exactly what they said they didn't want after slinking off to Canada.

Soldato
They've wanted to be in the media on their own terms. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm sticking by what I said. Peoples hate is misplaced. Those two could be going off to Timbuktu and do as much media as they want it. When people stop watching, clicking and talking about it the media will release it's not gaining them any money and move on to the next story.

How Andrew has even been allowed to keep his head down with the allegations at him and his weak excuses is beyond me.

Marrying a divorcee, being in the media on your own terms, leaving the country and attempt to stop being a burden on the taxpayer and having a feeling of being victimised (and who's to say she hasn't felt that way? none of us know the real goings on so everything is speculation) = BAD. What an evil bitch of a woman taking Harry away from his family.

Be friends with a known sex trafficker, be too honourable that you have to then go to NY and declare you can't be friends anymore but still decide to stay at his house, make up a weak excuses that; "I can't sweat" , "Well I was at Pizza Express in the afternoon" or the Shaggy inspired defence of "it wasn't me" = Fine as long as you keep your head down.

Personally I don't really care about Harry and Meghan, I wont be watching the interview, as I have more interesting things to be doing, but I wish them all the best. I just find it amusing so many of you, who don't know her, have her completely sussed out. It's like you all have your own private investigators that have found all this information so probably you should directly share it with Harry and save him from this hideous wench.

My main issue with the who saga is how the media have treated Meghan and Kate completely different for the same things. So if they can do that I have no doubt in my mind they can hoodwink readers/viewers into thinking one is angelic and the other is the devil incarnate.

Soldato
I'm sure if Andrew did an Oprah interview about how he's been victimised then he would be in the spotlight again, the fact that stepping back for him actually means keeping his head down has kept him out of the media and same would have worked for Meghan and Harry but they have chose to put themselves up in lights which I find odd given this is exactly what they said they didn't want after slinking off to Canada.
Its hardly the same thing is it?

One is accussed of having sex with very young women and hanging around with pedos the other is two 'wokers'.

Caporegime
I have no opinion on her.

[insert rant]

[insert whataboutery re: Andrew]

[insert :rolleyes:]

[something about misogyny]

Sure dude, you have "no opinion on her" :D

Utter joke

I started a thread in GD on "Prince Andrew apparently not a nonce" (or a title along those lines) a few years ago, like when the initial stories first broke but before it became a major news story. It got disappeared/buried by some moderator a while later because they found the discussion distasteful or something but I don't think I can be accused of not being critical of Andrew too, rather its simply that this thread is about Megan not Andrew.

I don't see why both of them can't be discussed - the reason there is attention on Harry and Megan at the moment is because they've actively courted publicity/press stories so are back to being discussed by various people. Andrew on the other hand has stayed well away from public view, stepped back from public duties (and didn't need to move to LA to achieve that) ergo he's currently talked about far less. There are plenty of journalists ready to write about him should any new info come forward by his accuser in the US or anyone else (Maxwell etc..) or future court cases etc..

Soldato
I have no opinion on her. It's clear as day that there is a media and Palace campaign against her though. Where is the Palace investigation of Andrew huh? Where is the concerted media campaign to get to the truth of the far more serious allegations against him? There is none and he's even returning to royal duties. Oh he's a good boy really.

I'm guessing the real reason the Palace are, apparently, briefing against the Sussexes is because they have left the team. They received full support until they left the team, race wasn't a factor until then.

Andrew has (for all his alleged activities) followed household advice- he's keeping his head down. While he's within the household, and doing what he's told, he will be looked after. I'm guessing if he went public that he would also be the subject of palace briefing.

I think the Palace is all about brand protection, and loose cannon are a threat to that brand.

Soldato
Of course they wanted the cash. How else are they going to earn their money whilst living a quiet and peaceful life? They're hardly going to keep up their lifestyle working small local town jobs are they.

If they stay = They're just leaching off the taxpayers funds
Now they've left = Look at them. They just want to make money

Caporegime
Megan is a money and fame ungry Hollywood wannabe with no friends and obviously the royal family also need to go.

Posts like this are bizarre to me, as they don't seem to align with actual facts:

"Megan is a money and fame ungry"

Assuming you mean hungry, her net worth was estimated at nearly $5 million before she even met Harry and she was in a highly rated TV show (90% on Rotten Tomatoes / 8.5 on IMDB)

"No friends"

She had loads of friends at her wedding - Oprah Winfrey was one of them and is doing the interview with her.

Soldato
Sure dude, you have "no opinion on her" :D

When I say I have no opinion I mean I have no opinion. I don't care about her. You are the one making all the claims about her, and the character assassination, clearly you do care deeply about this. Fair enough if that's your thing Dowie. Just because I don't really care about HER doesn't mean I can't see the Palace and the establishment working in tandem here. We've all seen this before, they did exactly the same to Diana, who was a flawed person but then who isn't. There was already a campaign against her but they really turned on her when she said "**** this " because it was one rule for them and another for her. The abuse she got for doing her interview.... oh it all sounds so familiar :rolleyes: I'm neither a royalist or a republican, I have a certain amount of respect for the Queen and the role she's had to play her entire life and wouldn't swap places with her for anything that role has to offer. The rest of them just sponge off the nation or off estates incomes given to them by the nation. On the other hand the idea of an elected President is just one more politician at the top, unless it was just a totally apolitical role that did nothing more than be a figurehead. I could probably get behind that.

Caporegime
When I say I have no opinion I mean I have no opinion.
[another paragraph of ranting]
[another :rolleyes: emoji]

Yup, you've convinced me now - you totally don't have an opinion here...

As Theo pointed out:

But as somebody who has "no opinion on her" you're getting pretty caremad right now. :)

I'll await another post from you colonel Klinck about this topic you totally aren't bothered about, make sure to throw in another ":rolleyes:" emoji as that's particularly convincing in emphasizing how you don't care.

Soldato
Yup, you've convinced me now - you totally don't have an opinion here...

As Theo pointed out:

I'll await another post from you colonel Klinck about this topic you totally aren't bothered about, make sure to throw in another ":rolleyes:" emoji as that's particularly convincing in emphasizing how you don't care.

Maybe I'm just LARPing Dowie. You know all about that right. Here have a ;) I like to mix them up.

Soldato
Of course they wanted the cash. How else are they going to earn their money whilst living a quiet and peaceful life? They're hardly going to keep up their lifestyle working small local town jobs are they.

If they stay = They're just leaching off the taxpayers funds
Now they've left = Look at them. They just want to make money

Not really they'd be doing Royal Duties. It is a 'job' I'm sure us plebs don't see it that way but it is. If you offered me the life of a working royal I'd decline it.

On the topic of these two. I find their attitudes pretty awful and how they don't see how ridiculously hyprocritical they are just makes me think they're so so far out of touch with most people. Lectures on privilege, meanwhile the whole reason anyone has heard of Harry Windsor is because he was born into the Royal Family. Being lectured on privilege by the epitome of privilege. Eco Activists whilst jet setting. Hate the media in their life, but want the media to only print the good stories (I'm not saying the press are perfect, they do intrude too far). I can go on. Also the morons who perceive any criticism of her as racism don't help.

Back
Top Bottom