Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
What's this about Gillette and leaflets? What did I miss? Searching is not turning up much except some rando's blog.

Goes back to the big "woke" ad campaign Gillette ran. Where they essentially used the same prejudices against a big section of their male customers as they were supposedly fighting against and accusing them of using against others.

Man of Honour
Never seen that before. What a stupid advert.

Not just the advert - they then doubled down with the person behind it even going further.

While not entirely related in reality - it was amusing that they ended up reporting a net loss over $5bn - while it was probably a small part of it I know quite a few people who like myself binned them off entirely when previously I was spending a fair bit each month with them.

EDIT: Funny thing is even with both YouTube's algorithm and an obvious concerted effort to inflate likes the ad still has 1.6million thumbs down to 800K thumbs up - at least 600K of those thumbs up aren't real and appeared in a very short time along with the comments being spammed with obviously bot like positive comments - as per the comments I saw it one day at around 200K likes and nearly 4 million dislikes and the next day it was mysteriously at 800K/1.6M.

Soldato
Amazon products from their Global store (USA) returns, guarantees etc

Does anyone have experience of returns and the Amazon guarantee on products (despatched&sold by Amazon) purhcased from their global store ?
Is it as good as purchasing from the UK. ?
I was looking at purchasing some hand tools for diy.

Soldato
Is what you are being quoted a landed price?

If not, you’ll have to pay VAT @ 20% on the entire cost including delivery, duty/tariff (if applicable) and a fee to the carrier for handling the transaction (typically £10 or more).

Soldato
Is what you are being quoted a landed price?
yes ... but, maybe better off decliiningthat ???

50558096028_e25e177cea_w_d.jpg

Any reason you can only buy them from the USA?
brand is more expensive in the uk but, USA swears by them.

Soldato
Amazon sucking massive donkey balls related thread bump.

My amazon parcels have started arriving via amazon delivery rather than DPD. So instead of a 1 hour time slot I now get an '08:30am to 12:30pm' and without fail, when I press F5 at 12:31pm it updates to 'until 9PM' and some utter cretin delivery driver then turns up at about 8:30pm, spends 10 minutes working out how to operate the latch on my gate and then either throws the parcel in to my garden if he can't lift the latch (that every other delivery company manages several times a week!) or dumps it outside my front door instead of the 'safe place' porch location. Gah!

Soldato
Amazon sucking massive donkey balls related thread bump.

My amazon parcels have started arriving via amazon delivery rather than DPD. So instead of a 1 hour time slot I now get an '08:30am to 12:30pm' and without fail, when I press F5 at 12:31pm it updates to 'until 9PM' and some utter cretin delivery driver then turns up at about 8:30pm, spends 10 minutes working out how to operate the latch on my gate and then either throws the parcel in to my garden if he can't lift the latch (that every other delivery company manages several times a week!) or dumps it outside my front door instead of the 'safe place' porch location. Gah!
that the drivers fault, not amazon lol

Soldato
We've had a few packages turn up with Hermes recently. It took emailing the CEO to get any form of customer service from them. They've been reliable since.

Amazon Deliveries and DPD still offer fantastic delivery service when they've been used though

Commissario
Between the four of us in the house, we generally have a few Amazon deliveries a week and 99% of the time it's their own drivers. They're still fine, we normally get our deliveries mid afternoon and without fail, it's always next day. I've got so accustomed to it that it's frustrating to order from anywhere else and have to wait a few days.

Back
Top Bottom