Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
just a list of cheap and tatty Chinese ****.

One thing that annoys me with that - they seem to promote certain items sometimes at the expense of other stuff - if you narrow down via search and navigating the site, etc. a certain type of product you will end up with a choice of sub-par substitutes i.e. unofficial alternatives, etc. and other marginally relevant products Amazon want to sell but if you search with a specific product ID or a specific product name with identifying model and specifics, etc. instead of searching generally by that type of product magically the product appears and/or you might see it listed in the listing for an alternative product listed under "products related to this item" but no amount of searching and filters, etc. or browsing relevant categories will make it show normally.

Soldato
This, Amazon were very clever with prime - shopping anywhere else feels like an absolute ball ache - ill even buy off amazon if its a couple of quid more expensive just because its so much quicker, easier, slicker etc. The irony is I hate mega huge companies, but its just the convenience factor :(

I've always always hated going proper shopping with a passion, I've been to a 'proper' shop maybe 12-15 times in the past 18-20 years, hate crowds, hate shopping, detest city centres - so amazon was always going to be my ideal shopping experience.

This is me/us tbh although I like being in city centres, just not for shopping. From a shopping experience we've rarely had a problem with Amazon prime, along with netflix we watch prime TV series (we got rid of sky years ago and would never go back). We have quite a large distribution warehouse about 10miles away and it's not uncommon to get stuff the same day we order it, longer than next day is almost unheard of.

Man of Honour
Amazon is absolutely terrible for searching a particular item out.

This has annoyed me for years and I've read up so much on it to see if I can get a better search.
So I search for something simple like 'Shimano Chain' but still get other makes.
So I type a Google type search like "shimano" chain -kmc but that brings up KMC.
It does my head in.

Soldato
Yeah item categories are nightmare. Amazon definitely isn't a place to browse really. It was highlighted when they launched Amazon Wardrobe, searching for sizes etc is an absolute torture.

Soldato
This, Amazon were very clever with prime - shopping anywhere else feels like an absolute ball ache - ill even buy off amazon if its a couple of quid more expensive just because its so much quicker, easier, slicker etc. The irony is I hate mega huge companies, but its just the convenience factor :(

I've always always hated going proper shopping with a passion, I've been to a 'proper' shop maybe 12-15 times in the past 18-20 years, hate crowds, hate shopping, detest city centres - so amazon was always going to be my ideal shopping experience.

I'm not keen on "proper" shopping either but there are occasions when its a better solution usually when you need to see exactly what you're buying had to get a set of nets and blinds for the windows here first of all you can't see exactly how they look and what you need and second when they arrive they may not be what you're expecting ok you can return but thats more hassle. Couple that with waiting on delivery and when it does arrive some moron at Hermes as opened it decided it wasn't worth stealing but half the bits have fallen out so have to go through complaints with the seller and take photos(!) before they'll send out more replacement bits - been over a week now.

Proper shop just jump in car to store see what you want buy, done. At least that'd be an option if they weren't closed for Lockdown...

You can't even select the material or colour and the choice of Brands is ridiculous. And if you try to be specific in the search box you just a list of cheap and tatty Chinese ****.

Ebay is worse you used to be able to pick up half decent stuff but its absolutely flooded with knock off chinese tat thats even more expensive than exactly the same tat sold on Amazon. Managed to get some tat in the end that was at least cheaper than the expensively priced tat but it took some work!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ebay is worse you used to be able to pick up half decent stuff but its absolutely flooded with knock off chinese tat thats even more expensive than exactly the same tat sold on Amazon.

This is a known thing though. If you've ever seen those ads on YouTube about how you can "make a billion pounds a day with Amazon and I only made this video to help others not because I came up with a winner and am making millions of pounds", that's literally what they do. They list Amazon stuff on eBay with a mark up and when it sells, they ship it straight to the buyer.

Man of Honour
I do my supermarket shopping through Prime Fresh now, Morrisons is what they use. The thick brown bags you get serve as great storage bags or wrapping paper for those you don't like much but are still on buy presents for terms :p

Soldato
I do my supermarket shopping through Prime Fresh now, Morrisons is what they use. The thick brown bags you get serve as great storage bags or wrapping paper for those you don't like much but are still on buy presents for terms :p
Are you like me and saving everyone of them, now amassing a brown paper bag collection in the low hundreds with no real view to ever using them?

Soldato
So looks like delivery to lockers seems to be free with no minimum spend on most items I've tried? Works better for me most of the time anyway, seeing even less need for Prime now :D

Associate
I've had a significant problem with items seemingly being delisted recently on amazon. Not sure what there game is or whether the website just sucks.

was looking for: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=fractal+node+804
Amazon could not find it, despite that:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JBBH93K
Does exist.

I don't like shopping on amazon, it's just annoying that there are so many products which are generally hard to find out in the wild. OCUK doesn't even stock this case any more.

Soldato
I've had a significant problem with items seemingly being delisted recently on amazon. Not sure what there game is or whether the website just sucks.

Does exist.

I don't like shopping on amazon, it's just annoying that there are so many products which are generally hard to find out in the wild. OCUK doesn't even stock this case any more.
1st link shows the item on top of the list that your looking for

Soldato

Does exist.

1st link shows the item on top of the list that your looking for
This^

Maybe clear your cache/cookies/dodgy ad block filter?

Caporegime
No it's all county locale I believe, changed my address to centre of London, and it showed up in search.

85% sure it's prejudice to people who live in rural areas of the country for bulky items.

It shows up if I search using a browser I've never used for anything Amazon. It also shows up if I search the Amazon UK website using a VPN connected outside the UK.

Soldato
No it's all county locale I believe, changed my address to centre of London, and it showed up in search.

85% sure it's prejudice to people who live in rural areas of the country for bulky items.
Yeah........
It shows up if I search using a browser I've never used for anything Amazon. It also shows up if I search the Amazon UK website using a VPN connected outside the UK.
This.

Just set my postcode to the Isle of Skye and it still appears.

Back
Top Bottom