What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I'm being bombarded by TV at the moment, Amazon Prime offered me a week trial so have watched Episode 1 of both The Walking Dead and Star Trek Picard. Both have me wanting to watch more (after a slow start).

From S1 Ep1 of the Walking Dead?!

Holy poop we are up to S10!!!!

Standby for some excellent zombie action, only for it to turn into Farming and Feelings weekly in later seasons :(

Don't forget Black Summer, WD: World Beyond and Fear the Walking Dead too.

Soldato
Sorry, just wanted to report back that I finish Goliath Season 3. While the first few episodes of the season were terrible and I posted this here last week. The last 4 episodes were much, much better.

I am now looking forward to season 4. Hope they continue in the same way and not descend into that arty, fairy, fantasy crap that they were doing at the start of Season 3.

Caporegime
Trying out my Spanish by watching “Boarding School - Las Cumbres” which is about a strict school stuck out in the middle of nowhere where teachers lock naughty kids up in cells and cut off their hair. Or something.

Caporegime
Night on Earth

A Netflix wildlife series that was filmed at night. First episode was beautifully shot and was able to show animals in a completely differently light, pun intended, but I wasn't overly keen on the narrator. Have no idea who it was but there wasn't much emotion in her voice compared to other narrators. On the plus side, it was a far more positive 50 minutes than anything the doom monger Attenborough has done recently.

Associate
With all the hype around Wandavision I decided to check it out... honestly the first couple episodes I found pretty boring, I get they're needed for the setup, but it still didn't make them feel any less like one-trick ponies with a couple interesting moments... someway through episode 3 it got interesting and then from 4 onward it was solid... not my favourite superhero TV show, Legion and The Punisher beat it, but it's one of the few that are good.

Caporegime
I enjoyed both Santa Clarita Diet and iZombie. I agree that the casting is what makes SCD really good, the main two are fantastic and it's sprinkled with some excellent supporting cast like Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk.

Soldato
Finally moved off season 1 episode 1 of Black Sails which I watched months ago and have now watched up to episode 6 now. I'm engrossed, I think it's great and hope it remains as good as this until it ends in season 4.

Soldato
Its finally happened I am just about completely box set/film out. I've watched everything I have been meaning to in my various saved lists on different platforms and I`m really struggling for something to watch so much so I`m going back to old films. Currently SWAT and Blade 2.

Some of the shows I had bookmarked started watching them turned out to be a bit meh eg Tribes of Europa on Netflix. I've still got Snowpiercer and Walking Dead to watch obviously as they are releasing them weekly but not much else that takes my fancy I`m having to search around for something to watch which is a bit of a weird feeling for once.

Soldato
^^^ We used to love watching that series. Similar was the short lived remake of Upstairs Downstairs, sadly didn't last beyond two seasons, but we were impressed with that also. Then again it seems that most TV stuff with Keeley Hawes in is worthy of watching.
Someone mentioned on here about watching Unforgotten, we watched the first three seasons as they were on TV and we are watching them again, Nicola Walker being great in her lead role. Season 4 is on TV now iirc.
Both the above actresses played in Spooks.
We have also just finished the three seasons of Zapped, on the iPlayer - really fun to watch, only short episodes of around 30 mins each.

Associate
Travellers is surprisingly satisfying. Only done 5 episodes but it doesn't have any annoying characters and is fairly gripping. It's not on the edge cliff hanging, or overly action exciting, but just delivers twisty stories with in depth characters which makes each episode feel like time well spent. I loath time wasting screen time.

Caporegime
I really enjoyed Travelers!

We are almost finished watching The One on Netflix (I had skipped it originally as I thought it was a reality X-factor type show, whoops).

A slow-burn with a mixture of thriller/mystery/black mirror themes. I'm enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom