Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2021, Sakhir - Race 1/23

Rate the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Verstappen - Why didn't you just let me go? I could have easily pulled those 5 seconds.

Horner - We had the instruction from race control unfortunately Max

So Max wanted to game the system to nullify the penalty and cheat his way to a win from going off track to pass. He hasn't changed much since last season.

I wonder if he knew what he was doing when he went off the track, and thought he could get away with it as long as he got to the finish line before race control did anything about it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nobody can knock that. 3 DRS zones with Verstappen attacking you, on faster, fresher tyres in an arguably quicker car and holds him off.

Think we can all agree Bottas wouldn't have won that :)

well max threw it away with that move and seemingly wrecked his tyres and ability to keep up with Hamilton.

Soldato
I think if he sits back and watches the end of that of that race again, Max will realise he'd have been better off conceding the overtake earlier, sticking close and making another go from a close DRS position.

Forcing it, going off track, having to let him back past and then reattack has really cost him there.

Soldato
They need to be less flakey on enforcing track limits. If not, just stick some sausage curbs or gravel out there, maybe even a big polystyrene bollard.

But we all wanted them to enforce them last season... is it because this would have benefitted a favorite driver?

I think they only enforced them because red bull complained. Which as someone mentioned earlier is funny that that bit them at the end

Man of Honour
Thats going to be a tough one for his critics.
Ive never understood those who seek to imply he isn't as good as his record makes out, perhaps the English disease of turning on winners is the reason why, or maybe his persona clouding opinions. Through his entire career his has proven himself to be both massively fast and a great race driver. The best drivers always get the best cars, they just do, because those who know ensure that.

Sure, we have epically fast drivers who on given days can outdrive everyone, but they are not the greats, maybe some become legends and even given time could have been, but in the main the best get the best. Always been the same, always will be. Often other could be's get seat 2 and yet never become greats. Got to ask why.

Back
Top Bottom