I30N Fastback insurance.

Soldato
Can anyone please tell me why I’m getting cheaper quotes for a Hyundai I30N fastback than I am a 1.0 Honda Civic?
Seems crazy to me.
I’ve been quoted £260 fully comp with zero excess.

Caporegime
Back in 2016 when I bought my S3 Saloon, I had originally specced a 2.0 TFSI Quattro A3 instead. I found that insurance was almost double, so figured what the hell and ordered the S3 instead!

Insurance is odd.

Soldato
I would be very surprised if someone kicked in your front door for an i30, but I could well be wrong.
I30N fastback.

But yeah, insurance is a proper random number generator. However a car that's barely sold from a brand that doesn't attract the yobs like the A250s/A35s do is likely to have a lot less issues.

Soldato
yeah noticed it has really low insurance costs as well. It's 1/4 of the price of insuring an m140i for me. Will be interesting to see the pricing for the i20n which should be out in the next 1-2 months.

There's a bunch of ex fleet/demo i30n's being sold at the moment. At least half have gone in the last few days.

Soldato
OP
yeah noticed it has really low insurance costs as well. It's 1/4 of the price of insuring an m140i for me. Will be interesting to see the pricing for the i20n which should be out in the next 1-2 months.

There's a bunch of ex fleet/demo i30n's being sold at the moment. At least half have gone in the last few days.

They seem to have incredible real world performance, despite being on the heavy side.
I must admit I’m tempted as my ICE swansong.

Soldato
OP
My i30N was very low on insurance, and also yeah they're not massively stolen, certainly not as likely as an Audi, VW or Ford. But they are very much liked for a Jewellery heist

Sort of like the MK1 vRS whilst everyone was still laughing at Skoda, they where actually a very good car as far as the MK4 Golf went.
I was working for Neil Simpson Skoda talking about the MK1 he said the power output was above the quoted 180bhp to put Skoda on the map.
It did, it was (VW) Skodas first serious car.

Soldato
Sort of like the MK1 vRS whilst everyone was still laughing at Skoda, they where actually a very good car as far as the MK4 Golf went.
I was working for Neil Simpson Skoda talking about the MK1 he said the power output was above the quoted 180bhp to put Skoda on the map.
It did, it was (VW) Skodas first serious car.
Exactly that.

As it seems you're pretty keen on getting one.

Just make sure you run it through the gears, some have a 5th to 6th synchro issue... that is your only thing to look out for as they're pretty damn reliable, I didn't have a single issue in my two years of ownership.

Soldato
OP
Exactly that.

As it seems you're pretty keen on getting one.

Just make sure you run it through the gears, some have a 5th to 6th synchro issue... that is your only thing to look out for as they're pretty damn reliable, I didn't have a single issue in my two years of ownership.

Thanks, yes they are certainly on my radar.
I’ve not seen anything else I like better CTR just too OTT, especially for Manchester.

Back
Top Bottom