*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Hi guys just a quick bit of help please.

I know some may have done the same upgrade to the g2 as I want to do, with the same pc spec and I could do with some hints if it worth it.

Currently I have a cv1 on a 1080ti gpu. I mainly play project cars 2 so sims only and don't use the headphones on the headset. If I upgrade to the g2 will I notice an improvement or is my 1080ti going to hold it back?

I Do intent to upgrade the gpu when it all calms down.

Fingers on the buy button.
Cheers

Soldato
Hi guys just a quick bit of help please.

I know some may have done the same upgrade to the g2 as I want to do, with the same pc spec and I could do with some hints if it worth it.

Currently I have a cv1 on a 1080ti gpu. I mainly play project cars 2 so sims only and don't use the headphones on the headset. If I upgrade to the g2 will I notice an improvement or is my 1080ti going to hold it back?

I Do intent to upgrade the gpu when it all calms down.

Fingers on the buy button.
Cheers

I also went from a CV1 to a G1. (Same resolution as the G2)

I ran PC2 with a G1 on my1080Ti for more than half a year. The bad news is PC2 will have to be turned down to almost full potato mode to hold 90fps. The good news is that poatato settings look better on the G1 than the medium/high settings looked on the CV1.

Associate
Hi!

Hopefully someone will be able to help, I've received the G2 today and set everything up, everything was working fine. I have tried Beat Saber and was running super smooth. Then I tried Flight Simulator 2020 and I just can't run it, the came just crashes and goes to SteamVR Home after the loading screen (after selecting the flight).

But the issue is that now, Beat Saber is unplayable. I am having like 2/3 fps every time I start it. I have uninstalled everything I can think of (SteamVR, WMR, mixed reality portal) and installed it again and no luck, still dragging itself.

I'm running a 2070s, I know it isn't a 3090 but still, what is annoying is that it was running so smoothly and now I just can't run it. Any idea why?

The Creed game runs ok.

Soldato
You could check your super samping settings in Steam. Make sure the per application setting is set to 100% (or whatever value the G2 needs to be set to). You can get performance issues if both global and per application supersampling are active, as the settings aren't separate - they stack.

Associate
You could check your super samping settings in Steam. Make sure the per application setting is set to 100% (or whatever value the G2 needs to be set to). You can get performance issues if both global and per application supersampling are active, as the settings aren't separate - they stack.

Checked that and it is at 100%.
It is really weird that it is just with this one. Assetto Corsa is also running ok.

Soldato
Checked that and it is at 100%.
It is really weird that it is just with this one. Assetto Corsa is also running ok.

Back when I still had it I had to put my 2070S at 76% as a baseline otherwise I ran into severe performance problems... only very few extremely easy to run games could get to 100%.

Associate
Hi all.
I'm looking for the 6m cable for the Reverb G2. No where seems to have any stock. Anyone able to help me out, or have a spare they could sell me.
If not, are there any companies out there able to custom build a cable?
Many thanks,
Lee.

Soldato
Back when I still had it I had to put my 2070S at 76% as a baseline otherwise I ran into severe performance problems... only very few extremely easy to run games could get to 100%.

Would you recommend a Reverb G2 to somebody who only had a 2070 Super and no intention of changing for another year at least??

Soldato
@melmac That's a tough one... depends what games you are playing I guess, and also whether motion reprojection bothers you.

The headset looks pretty decent at 70ish%, not as crisp and sharp as 100% of course but still great in most games... problem is if sims are your thing you are going to be looking at closer to 50-60% to get decent frame rates and then it starts to get a bit frustrating to me personally, as you know what the headset is capable of and you are stuck with a quite (by comparison) sub-par result.

Simpler games however it did great. Onward for example ran at 100% with almost all maxed out settings iirc.

Personally I became much happier with the headset when I got the 3070, and then when I got the 3090 instead I was happier still! In that respect it has room to grow I suppose, and I think some games will still be making a 4090 sweat at G2 resolutions but I do wonder what sort of headsets we'll be seeing 1-2yrs from now... if Oculus make foveated rendering mainstream as they seem to intend then the G2 might not age particularly well beyond the next couple of years.

Soldato
@melmac That's a tough one... depends what games you are playing I guess, and also whether motion reprojection bothers you.

The headset looks pretty decent at 70ish%, not as crisp and sharp as 100% of course but still great in most games... problem is if sims are your thing you are going to be looking at closer to 50-60% to get decent frame rates and then it starts to get a bit frustrating to me personally, as you know what the headset is capable of and you are stuck with a quite (by comparison) sub-par result.

Simpler games however it did great. Onward for example ran at 100% with almost all maxed out settings iirc.

Personally I became much happier with the headset when I got the 3070, and then when I got the 3090 instead I was happier still! In that respect it has room to grow I suppose, and I think some games will still be making a 4090 sweat at G2 resolutions but I do wonder what sort of headsets we'll be seeing 1-2yrs from now... if Oculus make foveated rendering mainstream as they seem to intend then the G2 might not age particularly well beyond the next couple of years.

Thanks Mate for your Detailed reply :) It's not for me. A friend is deciding between the Valve Index and the Reverb G2, he plays a mix of games. I suggested the Valve Index if He was going to keep his GPU. It's just when I saw your post up above and that you used the Reverb G2 on a 2070 Super, I said I would ask you what you thought.

As for what headsets are coming down the line, yeah, it will be very interesting to see what way things go. Personally, I think there will be a focus on improving features rather than resolution. Things like Better Audio, Better Lenses, lighter, Wider FOV, Wireless connection with extremely low latency and, like you say, much improved foveated rendering.

In the short term, I will be very interested to see how the DecaGear headset works out. If it turns out to be as good as it looks on paper, than it will be the benchmark for headsets going forward.

Soldato
I have only just got my G2, so I think I will pass on that for now.

You should just about have it set up right by the time the new version comes out.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom