• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Order cancellation

Pet Northerner
Don
then order one. you will be on the end of that said queue. OC cant tell you what card to order. thats your choice .

No more Q's - OCUKs buy price on some units started to exceed the original costing once you factor in the costs of staff, storage , postage etc etc and in some cases the cost price was simply higher. They've honoured the loss on cards they agreed to sell but the stance going forward is no more pre-orders as stock isn't guaranteed or guaranteed at a price where it's worth OCUK selling at that pre-order price point.

Associate
then order one. you will be on the end of that said queue. OC cant tell you what card to order. thats your choice .

If you had read my other post (Or gone to check for yourself), pre-orders are closed else I would which is why if they had offered the option to get onto another queue it would have been a good gesture.

Neither you or I are going to get a card at anything near MSRP or even be allowed the privilege to sit in line to get one.

Soldato
there is a thread on the forum detailing current stocks inbound. OC upgraded i think 40 msi cards to the supreme free of charge

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/page-8
Yeah I did see that and they can't keep doing that while losing money for obvious reasons but they could give people the option to pay the extra for the current rate those cards are going for then atleast it could be up to the consumer whether to cancel or not.

Soldato
Just the typical slimy behaviour you expect from MSI. Don't want to fulfill orders at lower prices, so just slightly modified the card, called it a new SKU and told everybody to go **** themselves. I don't blame the retailers at all. They shouldn't lose money over MSI ****ing both them and their customers over.

Associate
OP
Just the typical slimy behaviour you expect from MSI. Don't want to fulfill orders at lower prices, so just slightly modified the card, called it a new SKU and told everybody to go **** themselves. I don't blame the retailers at all. They shouldn't lose money over MSI ****ing both them and their customers over.

my whole post was about how OC have kept me well informed with weekly emials and an active forum thread.

i had one of the lads lined up to buy my 1080ti evga ftw for £350.heheh ahh well. odds on the card will implode inside a month now :D :D .

the best of luck to us all in what we are waiting for and remember .....**** happens .

Associate
This is business boys.
MSI did a clever Move. Finding a way out of preorders to increase The price.

I have to admire the thinking . Sucks for us tho.

Associate
This conversation should really be in private with oc

Not a tantrum in public

Msi are a little scummy hence my boycot not that they will notice

Associate
My friend has a 3080 trio on preorder also (not from here) and only placed 2 months ago. I assume that's not going through.

Ya that's a bit 'wierd' for a company to do that ie cancel there orders with their distributors - they should warn them first etc...

Soldato
I would be annoyed if that happened to me. OCUK been scared of selling anything in recent months in case they oversell it's clear they are currently sitting on stock of certain cards, perhaps should have offered some of the 3070s or 6800xt Gibbo said might be used in the voucher MM deals and a refund/pay the difference based on choice.

Man of Honour
This is business boys.
MSI did a clever Move. Finding a way out of preorders to increase The price.

I have to admire the thinking . Sucks for us tho.

I wouldn't call it a clever move only sadly customers will quickly forget and let them get away with it.

You only have to look at the laptop forum to see what MSI really think of their customers... while I did sort of defend them initially as the original issue stemmed from nVidia changing things outside of their control when they had a chance to make things right they chose to screw customers over instead.

Soldato
This is what you get for being dumb enough to spend 8 months waiting in queue, giving an interest free loan of nearly a grand, for a card you were never going to recieve in a million years. MSI just had your pants down, and somehow OCUK is acting heroically for giving you your money back...

Utter simp cringe.

Soldato
This is what you get for being dumb enough to spend 8 months waiting in queue, giving an interest free loan of nearly a grand, for a card you were never going to recieve in a million years. MSI just had your pants down, and somehow OCUK is acting heroically for giving you your money back...

Utter simp cringe.
OCUK will have placed a very large order for those cards - paying up front. So now they will refund all the orders then chase the importer for the money back. You honestly have no clue how any of this actually works do you. One day , when you grow up and leave home, you might learn a little.

Soldato
OCUK will have placed a very large order for those cards - paying up front. So now they will refund all the orders then chase the importer for the money back. You honestly have no clue how any of this actually works do you. One day , when you grow up and leave home, you might learn a little.

LOL!

They've had an interest free loan of customers money and have now refunded it, big whoop. MSI have decided to cancel less profitable lines and orders taken 8 months ago from people who have been in a queue for a product they were never going to recieve, that's exactly what happened.

And by the way, OCUk aren't blameless in this debacle, they took far too many pre-orders for products the World and his dog knew were going to be in extremely limited supply, but they just wanted that all sweet ££££ in advance.

Just how naive are you?

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL!

They've had an interest free loan of customers money and have now refunded it, big whoop. MSI have decided to cancel less profitable lines and orders taken 8 months ago from people who have been in a queue for a product they were never going to recieve, that's exactly what happened.

Just how naive are you?

Thanks for confirming you have absolutely no idea how retail works.

Interest free loan? Nope the company will have been invoiced on a 30 day invoice - so that money went before christmas.

Come back when you`ve grown up and learnt how the world works

Soldato
Thanks for confirming you have absolutely no idea how retail works.

Interest free loan? Nope the company will have been invoiced on a 30 day invoice - so that money went before christmas.

Come back when you`ve grown up and learnt how the world works

I know exactly how retail works, but clearly you have no idea how the World works. People have queued up and handed over money for nothing for the best part of year, and now have nothing to show for it, in addition to this people who were smart enough to see this cash-grab for what it was have been bying cards elsewhere since these queues were formed. The very cards in some cases people had already paid in advance for in this very queue...

Now MSI have taken full advantage of their gullibility and simply cancelled their orders, a company that had altready been caught out scalping their own cards...

:)

Soldato
I know exactly how retail works, but clearly you have no idea how the World works. People have queued up and handed over money for nothing for the best part of year, and now have nothing to show for it, in addition to this people who were smart enough to see this cash-grab for what it was have been bying cards elsewhere since these queues were formed. The very cards in some cases people had already paid in advance for in this very queue...

Now MSI have taken full advantage of their gullibility and simply cancelled their orders, a company that had altready been caught out scalping their own cards...

:)

Bless you son, thoughts and prayers. Nope, you absolutely no idea how any of this works, and thank you for confirming that. MSI / EVGA et al ,business practise might be the underlaying cause here, but OCUK havent had `an interest free loan` as the invoice for the thousands of video cards orders would have become due.

Soldato
Bless you son, thoughts and prayers. Nope, you absolutely no idea how any of this works, and thank you for confirming that. MSI / EVGA et al ,business practise might be the underlaying cause here, but OCUK havent had `an interest free loan` as the invoice for the thousands of video cards orders would have become due.

Oh dear, reduced to faux condescension in the face of the facts. Events have played out exactly as I have described, OCUK were at fault for greedily taking far too many orders, this also enabled them to have a captive market of customers (and their cash) who were not taking their money elsewhere, should cards become available. Of course the customer could cancel, but if so, OCUK were losing nothing, but potentially they had a whole herd ready to milk. It was actually a very smart policy from OCUK. Not so good for the consumer though...but of course consumers these days will accept any terms of transaction and pay anything to get their gaming gear.

So what transpired? People who loyally stood there in the queue, got nothing while the more agile and street-wise bought cards as they became avaialble...realising that the queue was anti-consumer and the boulevard of broken dreams. And all this was crystal clear to anyone with half a brain 6 months ago, especially as the very same cards people had paid for up-front were appearing via other channels.

But you keep on simping to your hearts content.

Soldato
Oh dear, reduced to faux condescension in the face of the facts. Events have played out exactly as I have described, OCUK were at fault for greedily taking far too many orders, this also enabled them to have a captive market of customers (and their cash) who were not taking their money elsewhere, should cards become available. Of course the customer could cancel, but if so, OCUK were losing nothing, but potentially they had a whole of herd ready to milk. It was actually a very smart policy from OCUK. Not so good for the consumer though...but of course consumers these days will accept any terms of transaction and pay anything to get their gaming gear.

So what transpired? People who loyally stood there in the queue, got nothing while the more agile and street-wise bought cards as they became avaialble...realising that the queue was anti-consumer and the boulevard of broken dreams. And all this was crystal clear to anyone with half a brain 6 months ago, especially as the very same cards people had paid for up=front were appearing via other channels.

But you keep on simping to your hearts content.

Spot the offended teenage soy boy , keep going as you are just digging your hole deeper. The events haven `played out` as you made a basic teenage boy error, which has been proven before. OCUK will have paid out for product they havent received, so have recoruse through a company level grievance process or at worst through teh courts. But anyone older than 16 and has a basic idea of how retail and contract law actually works, would know this. Again, you are poorly mistaken and should be venting at the IHV`s in this - as OCUK will have lost money.

Soldato
Spot the offended teenage soy boy , keep going as you are just digging your hole deeper. The events haven `played out` as you made a basic teenage boy error, which has been proven before. OCUK will have paid out for product they havent received, so have recoruse through a company level grievance process or at worst through teh courts. But anyone older than 16 and has a basic idea of how retail and contract law actually works, would know this. Again, you are poorly mistaken and should be venting at the IHV`s in this - as OCUK will have lost money.

LOL! "Offended treenage soy boy" do you get you're entire perception of the World from Reddit?

My account of events is factual, and undeniable, it's that simple, even if it offends your delicate sensibilities towards a retailer.

Back
Top Bottom