• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
That’s me bowing out of the wait queue having had a delivery of a 3080 today.
Thanks chaps
One slight criticism is the weekly email updates and the fact they have been frequently missed
Just keep people informed, even if it’s no news and this will hopefully help with the conspiracy theorists on here
Good luck to all still in the queues and hopefully the supplies start to improve

Associate
If there is a chip shortage and the demand for 3080 is high, then what's the point of releasing the new model?
M o n e y . : ) in reality I think chip design/making of takes so long they may as well release the new design since they made the investments for these years ago.

Man of Honour
find an alternative timeline where AMD have the 80% market share? :cry:

From what I understand, the 3080Ti is based on the 3090 architecture rather than the 3080. As such it's hoped that it'll be less mining friendly and easier to get the cards into hands of gamers.
It's hard to predict how TI production impacts on the non-Ti. Obviously, this still ignores the biggest issue. Scalping bots.

Historically this would fit, there has been a vanilla (or S) version and a Ti version, with perhaps a few outriders, since, god, I think Geforce 2!

Would make perfect sense for them to keep the 3080 and switch the 3090 nomenclature to the Ti branding.

Associate
The one thing AMD will have over all the others is there gpu's will be able to work with the system memory too. which is quite amazing along side with infinity fabrics. Not sure how it all works but I'm sure it would defo help in game.
AMD would love you to think it is just their idea, but it is written into the PCIe spec. They just implemented it first. NVidia and Intel have their own version implemented and is even available on some Z490 motherboards with a BIOS update.
As for performance, as most games are not developed with this in mind right now, performance increase, no difference or decrease is hit and miss. There are are few Youtube videos on this that are worth a look. Just brace yourself for disappointment, for now anyway.

Associate
from what I’ve seen the 3080 Ti looks like it will cost £2300 as someone in Abu Dhabi is already selling msi suprim’s for $3500.

I'd consider the USD$3500 price only in relation to where it's selling - for a UAE national that's peanuts (not the 80% of population that are expats) so presumably it's almost at a discount to what they could have charged... :rolleyes:

Shame there's no local tech Youtuber willing to bench one... :p

Associate
anyone breaking NDA by selling the cards now it's likely to have a real grasp on the cost pricing. Questions have to be asked of MSI since all leaks appear to be from their cards.
As far as we are concerned, since we still haven't heard anything official, we can't even hazard a guess on price or performance.

it's possible that Nvidia's thinking is that they can get some 3080 customers to switch but the main aim is to "kill" the 3090 off, since we hear a lot about memory shortages.

I'd guess it's probably an untouchable local flogging the cards since they can't be prosecuted (do you know who my dad is? :cool:) - but it'd be interesting to know who's shipment they acquired and how. Guess MSI aren't going to be too fussed about shutting down that channel unless Nvidia give them a real kicking for leaky distributors.

If Nvidia are trying to minimise 3090 sales by releasing a 'cheaper' card they're on a real hiding to nothing as it's pretty hard to say 'spend £1200 MSRP on the Ti and you'll save £200 for HALF the RAM'
Especially when it's likely to cost ~£2300+ looking at current 3080 & 3090 pricing :rolleyes:

Associate
Do you mean it's mega expensive like the 3090 and therefore not good cost/hash ratio? I didn't think the 3090 architecture was inherently worse for mining.

:cry: I wouldn't know, but my point was that the 3080Ti is built on the 3090 GPU rather than the 3080 one.

It is not so much the cost of the actual GPUs but their efficiency. The 3090 hashrates are only about 20% higher than that of the 3080 but uses a hell of a lot more electricity. If you don't pay for your electricity (eg students in halls of residence or your dad pays the bills and doesn't realise you are mining in your bedroom) then that doesn't matter but most miners will be paying for their electricity. If you are using 50% to 100% more electricity then that soon adds up. You can get about 100MH from a 3080 but only 120MH from a 3090 - and works out at about .45 hash/watt as opposed to .32 hash/watt. Multiply that by the number of cards you can get your hands on and it just doesn't make financial sense for mining farms to buy 3090s if they can get their hands on 3080s. Hence you see lots more 3090s available to buy than 3080s. They are still snapped up but nowhere near as quick as the 3080s and by scalpers rather than miners.

Associate
That’s me bowing out of the wait queue having had a delivery of a 3080 today.
Thanks chaps
One slight criticism is the weekly email updates and the fact they have been frequently missed
Just keep people informed, even if it’s no news and this will hopefully help with the conspiracy theorists on here
Good luck to all still in the queues and hopefully the supplies start to improve
If people want to create conspiracy theories, no amount of updates or explaining will stop them.

Associate
The last update I had said i was position 14 in the queue for the Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC 10GB that i ordered back in November. I haven't had an update for a couple of weeks so any chance i could get a status on this card?

Associate
Yeargh! You can buy PRE-populated RTX 3080 mining rigs in the UAE with 4 or 6 '12GB:confused: OC GPUs' - at about £2.3k per card. So where the %^& are they getting all their cards from as these are actually in stock? :(

Hilariously has a 'NO REFUND POLICY' though :p Makes sense for them I guess, electricity is 1/3 our rates.

To Mods: not a competitor unless you have a private stealth jet to get there and back...

Associate
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

OCT 23 - 2196
OCT 30 - 1958
NOV 06 - 1826
NOV 13 - 1674
NOV 20 - 1583
NOV 27 - 1477
DEC 04 - 1438
DEC 11 - 1385
DEC 19 - 1329
DEC 24 - 1285
JAN 08 - 1147
JAN 15 - 1130
JAN 22 - 1104
JAN 29 - 1084
FEB 05 - 1009
FEB 12 - 977
FEB 19 - 968
FEB 26 - 961
MAR 05 - 953
MAR 12 - 943
MAR 19 - 919
MAR 26 - 899
APR 12 - 874
APR 16 - 860
APR 23 - 846
MAY 7 - *** 700's maybe ???

Associate
23rd April I was 430 for the Asus TUF Gaming 3080. In the last 2 weeks I think 3 were delivered or due?? with an average of 5 cancellations/wk I expect to be 417, if we get updates today.

Associate
Really hope we are going to get an update today!
just because the chap keeps leaving us in the lurch ocuk should be giving someone else the task, you don't just stop doing it because matey is having a day off, many of us know there haven't been many deliveries, but we also find out how many cancellations there have been, just saying:p no conspiracy theories today! thinking of you @ScottiB and @Gibbo! many thanks for all you're doing, kutgw:D

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Really hope we are going to get an update today!
just because the chap keeps leaving us in the lurch ocuk should be giving someone else the task, you don't just stop doing it because matey is having a day off,
its not that simple, he's the only person with the app and third party email log ins ;)

Back
Top Bottom