• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Wow, there were a lot of opportunities to buy an RTX 3090 for around MSRP since November... you really must have been fixed on that specific card specifically from OCUK.
Not at all. I only opted for that card as it was the only one I could pre-order at the time.
I suffer extreme fatigue following major surgery and am unable as yet to devote the time necessary to find a 3090 elsewhere. In all honesty I would perhaps have plumped for a 3080 if a pre-order was available at the time.

Associate
Not at all. I only opted for that card as it was the only one I could pre-order at the time.
I suffer extreme fatigue following major surgery and am unable as yet to devote the time necessary to find a 3090 elsewhere. In all honesty I would perhaps have plumped for a 3080 if a pre-order was available at the time.

Nah, 3080s have proportionately worse supply because they're cheaper so every man and his (well off) dog can afford one... I should know, still awaiting my day 1 order and over 100 in the queue for the 3080 TUF non-OC :rolleyes:

Caporegime

Sorry to hear that dude, best of luck with the search!

Nah, 3080s have proportionately worse supply because they're cheaper so every man and his (well off) dog can afford one... I should know, still awaiting my day 1 order and over 100 in the queue for the 3080 TUF non-OC :rolleyes:
I am really surprised you didn't cancel that ages ago since it is well known that stock of that card is the worst because ASUS focused on the OC models. :confused:

Associate
Are OCUK genuinely having to pay top dollar for their new stock of 3090s or are they scalping? Seen they got quite a few in stock today but the prices are nuts.

I purchased a RTX 3090 ASUS TUF OC, from someone for £2200, who themselves purchased 4x of them from a UK official store/reseller for £1894.00 each unit price.

The person I purchased the GPU sent me a copy of his original invoice dated 9th of April 2021.

So it's safe to say the official UK reseller was purchasing this model GPU for less than £1894.00 back in April 2021.

I not sure who is to blame but it does seem that someone is seriously scalping these prices.

Associate
I purchased a RTX 3090 ASUS TUF OC, from someone for £2200, who themselves purchased 4x of them from a UK official store/reseller for £1894.00 each unit price.

The person I purchased the GPU sent me a copy of his original invoice dated 9th of April 2021.

So it's safe to say the official UK reseller was purchasing this model GPU for less than £1894.00 back in April 2021.

I not sure who is to blame but it does seem that someone is seriously scalping these prices.
Its ridiculous isn't it. Yep I get it if OCUK sells for less than their current prices they may end up on ebay being scalped, but OCUK pre-scalping the prices themselves is surely shooting themselves in the foot for future customer loyalty?

Associate
Its ridiculous isn't it. Yep I get it if OCUK sells for less than their current prices they may end up on ebay being scalped, but OCUK pre-scalping the prices themselves is surely shooting themselves in the foot for future customer loyalty?

The scary thing about this situation is the prices will continue to increase if the demand from miners stay the same. I think at this rate only a few desperate gamers/content creators will pay nearly £3k for an 3090.

Most of these stores don't care who purchase the GPU,s they just want the highest returns.

Associate
The scary thing about this situation is the prices will continue to increase if the demand from miners stay the same. I think at this rate only a few desperate gamers/content creators will pay nearly £3k for an 3090.

Most of these stores don't care who purchase the GPU,s they just want the highest returns.
I got my 3090 for £1600 back in October, I've just been keeping my eye out for another for my son but there's no way I'm paying OCUK prices for one at the moment, they're having a laugh!

Soldato
If prices continue like this then surely it will effect other component sales as some will turn their back on PC gaming altogether, others will put off upgrading the rest of their system without a new GPU while miners may buy a few extra PSUs the rest of the components are usually cheap basic parts to maximise returns.

Associate
If prices continue like this then surely it will effect other component sales as some will turn their back on PC gaming altogether, others will put off upgrading the rest of their system without a new GPU while miners may buy a few extra PSUs the rest of the components are usually cheap basic parts to maximise returns.

You're starting to see this already. Previously very hard to get components are now in stock most of the time.

ASUS x570 Dark Hero
Ryzen 5900/50x CPU

What is so disappointing since OCUK raised their prices today, eBay prices have also gone up for the same GPU'S. The knock on effect of prices increasing.

Last week the other place was selling EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra only as a bundle with a crappy PSU for £20xx.

How are they able to sell the one of the so-called most desirable GPU with a crappy PSU for under £2100.

In my earlier post I reported the same place selling 3090 ASUS Tuf OC for under £1900 back in April 2021.

At this rate the RTX 3080ti are going to scalped at well over £2k

Last edited:
Associate

I'm sure also, in turn, the rate of new game adoption will decrease, god only knows what that will end up meaning.

Associate
Companies doing a shuffle like system are producing prices a lot lower - I'm sure its not an AIB markup thing but more a current market decision

Associate
@OCUK

If you and the other place are both getting the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra from the same place.

What is your reason for you selling this GPU for £2899.99, when the other place was selling the same GPU bundled with a PSU last week for under £2100.

Back
Top Bottom