• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They'll likely be £800-900 ish including VAT on the Nvidia store. Just have to use one of the numerous stock drop apps to get one. One thing's for sure, you'll be able to get one way sooner than the ~8 months!!!!!! people have been waiting for their £1500+ 3090's.

As to performance - 3090/3080ti specs on paper are practically identical. Clocks speeds not finalized, for all we know the 3080ti will just clock way higher (more mature process, binned chips,, many options).

Nvidia care more about crushing AMD's benchmark numbers than they do in breastfeeding all 6 of the 3090 owners out there.

You seem to care a lot about what other people are doing with their money. Nobody here is interested dude. Do us all a solid and start your own thread. You can post your opinions regarding the 3090/3080ti there.

Associate
Thanks for all the advice.
I will do some further testing as suggested before committing to send it back.

Did you get to the bottom of the issue? Temporary glitch or RMA time?

So, two batches of ££££ 3090s arrive in a week, then nothing for what feels like ages... oh joy :( Anyone linked the delivery dates to phases of the moon, Jensen's bowel movements, sightings of flying bacon yet?

Edit: Hmm, wonder if supplies will now dry up until after the 3080Ti is released in a few weeks :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Did you get to the bottom of the issue? Temporary glitch or RMA time?

So, two batches of ££££ 3090s arrive in a week, then nothing for what feels like ages... oh joy :( Anyone linked the delivery dates to phases of the moon, Jensen's bowel movements, sightings of flying bacon yet? :confused:

I was so desperate after waiting 7 months for a RTX 3080, with no joy then seeing the crazy price people where willing to pay for them on resell. I regrettably paid £2k for the New ASUS 3090 Tuf OC from auction site.

I later on discovered it wasn't actually new and maybe had a fault.

Due to the GPU regularly blue screening when playing Cyberpunk. I sent it back and got a full refund.

Admittedly I only noticed the blue screens after updating the GPU BIOS to the resizable bar update.

In hindsight it was a bad decision purchasing the GPU from the auction site as I was contributing to Scalping problem.

But OCUK is currently selling the same GPU for £2489.99 which is to expensive.

Hopefully retail prices for this GPU will go back to under £2k soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hopefully retail prices for this GPU will go back to under £2k soon.
Nviidia have said supply issues will last all year, so the chances of prices going down significantly seem unlikely.

Maybe it would have been best to contact the warranty support of ASUS to see if your card could have been fixed, rather than sending it back for a refund. If it was an issue caused by a BIOS flash then it's likely it was a software problem and not hardware.

Soldato
You seem to care a lot about what other people are doing with their money. Nobody here is interested dude. Do us all a solid and start your own thread. You can post your opinions regarding the 3090/3080ti there.

People are free to spend their money as they choose. I'm just showing those who don't know, that a 3080ti will soon release, which will be the 3090's equal, if not superior, in games.

The 3080ti will cost $999, so likely £800 in the UK, for the founders edition. This makes it far better value than a 3090 for gamers. Of course, if you want a FE you'll have to be ready with stock monitoring apps and wait for a card drop, though thousands obtained a 3080/3090 this way, so it's clearly possible for those who want MSRP.

Associate
The 3080ti will cost $999, so likely £800 in the UK, for the founders edition. This makes it far better value than a 3090 for gamers. Of course, if you want a FE you'll have to be ready with stock monitoring apps and wait for a card drop, though thousands obtained a 3080/3090 this way, so it's clearly possible for those who want MSRP.

I've tried an app but of course there's been nothing seen in the last week anywhere hence my suspicion almost all is on hold until after the Ti release date...

Associate
I've tried an app but of course there's been nothing seen in the last week anywhere hence my suspicion almost all is on hold until after the Ti release date...
The drops aren't daily, more weekly or bi-weekly so there's a good chance there'll be a couple of drops at least before the Ti release.

Back
Top Bottom