Is Skyrim worth playing or is there better now?

Associate
TES6 reveal (Bethesda usually reveal games when they are close to launch as well!) was due to be on 19th Jan but will be delayed slightly due to US president inauguration ceremony!

Where did you see that? I can only see about an ESO reveal being delayed due to the inauguration.

TES6 reveal (Bethesda usually reveal games when they are close to launch as well!) was due to be on 19th Jan but will be delayed slightly due to US president inauguration ceremony!
Not denying whst you're swaying, but that makes no sense to me. It's not like they didn't know the inauguration date 4 years in advance. It happens every time. Weird that they only jsut thought now to change it

Permabanned

Bethesda's next game is starfield which will probably not release untill 2022... After that TES6 will come so you are realistically looking at 2024 for a release date.

Soldato
Skyrim was released 11/11/2011, I remember being online with friends playing FFXI when I heard it's announcement. I got really excited.

The fact that it's been 10 years and they haven't made a new one is an absolute crime. And by the looks of it, it seems ES6 won't be here for another 5 years given the rumours about Starfield not arriving until late 2022 at the earliest.

Needless to say my Steam folder shows I have over 1000 hours playtime logged in Skyrim (similar with Oblivion before it.) I'd spend days simply setting up the mods for a new playthrough in order to get it just right. The base game was great, had everything I wanted in a videogame of it's type, but mods allow you to customise how you want to play specifically and would add so much more depth, atmosphere, beauty, fun to each playthrough. I especially liked the mods that would add more random events, immersion and realism/survival aspects to combat and the game world. You could just get lost in the fantasy of it.

I'm utterly burned out on Skyrim now. I just want a new Elder Scrolls and wish Bethesda would sort themselves out.

Soldato
I never played this before, having a quick look i can get steam keys off some sites for £5 to £10, are these legit?
also is it worth getting the legendary or special edition?

Last edited:
Soldato
I never played this before, having a quick look i can get steam keys off some sites for £5 to £10, are these legit?
also is it worth getting the legendary or special edition?

The special edition has the upgraded textures. It is £8.49 on CDkeys for a steam key. They are trustworthy and I use them all the time.

Associate
My problem with Skyrim is just the stupid level scaling, it always completely ruined the experience. I know some mods fix it, but its so overwhelming the mass of mods.

Associate
My problem with Skyrim is just the stupid level scaling, it always completely ruined the experience. I know some mods fix it, but its so overwhelming the mass of mods.

Is this where when you level up the enemy does as well? I skipped Oblivion due to this. Not sure why this is even a thing in a game about exploring, looting and bosses.

If so i'll have to remove this from my wishlist :(

Associate
Thanks a lot guys. Because of this thread I just bought the special edition. 3rd time I've bought this stupid game. What's THE mod list to use?!?
I would say Living Skyrim
https://www.wabbajack.org/#/modlists/info?machineURL=living_skyrim
Or look at the other Wabbajack mods and pick another which doesn't totally change the experience like the Requim ones do:
https://www.wabbajack.org/#/modlists/gallery As the mod lists are huge, you probably want to get a months Nexus subscription though.

Associate
Is this where when you level up the enemy does as well? I skipped Oblivion due to this. Not sure why this is even a thing in a game about exploring, looting and bosses.

If so i'll have to remove this from my wishlist :(
I mentioned Gothic and Gothic II earlier, and pay of the appeal of those was that it quickly became obvious which parts of the world should not be explored at lower levels. Although sometimes that could be bypassed by very quick running.
Even if some of the Skyrim mods try to rectify this, there aren't any parts of the maps which can only be reached by those able to defeat a particular monster or similar like on the Gothic maps. Even being able to get into such areas with sneaking or with particular spells would be an improvement to immersion.

Back
Top Bottom