• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Case Fans - Control by GPU temp

Associate
Not sure this thread should go here, or motherboards or elsewhere. So mods, please move if you feel another area is better suited.

Id like to install 2x 120M case fans below my GPU. But, Id like them controlled by the GPU. So that ideally they would be off when the GPU fans are off, and only start when the GPU fans do. Then adjust speed based on GPU temp.

I have a similar setup for the 2x 140MM case fans in the roof, but configured using CPU temp.
I set this up in the BIOS. But also have the option to do so in Dragon Centre.

Does anybody know a way that this could be done using motherboard headers? Dragon Centre sadly does not seem to have the option to do so based on GPU temp. Just CPU and Chipset I think. (And I am curious... would it if I had an MSI GPU installed?)

I use iCue for most RGB.... so I guess a commander pro could do it? But that seems excessive for just 2x fans. (Happy how the other case fans are controlled atm..., so feel no need to move them to a CoPro)

Associate
I use Argus monitor to control case fans according to gpu ram temp / gpu core temp / cpu temp. It's running 3 fan curves at the same time, highest number wins. It's free to try, cheap to buy and has a lot of options.

Soldato
I use IQUE. You can set fan curve based on temp of GPU/MOBO/CPU or Pump.

You mean icue ? I moved away from icue its constant background processes gave me OCD , I moved to Fan Control to set fan curves and use argb of the motherboard software to control RGB and no more spikes and constant background processes

Permabanned
Fan Control is great. Have donated to the author for that one, nice and small, works well, good stuff.

Now just need a RGB solution that actually works as ASUS software is utter dross/extreme bloatware.

Permabanned
You have a commander pro though right?
I can control my GPU fans in iCUE but nothing connected to the motherboard.

I do that too, I run the front fans off the GPU temp. You are right, though, you need Commander Pro. I run my lights off the Commander Pro as well.

Permabanned
You have a commander pro though right?
I can control my GPU fans in iCUE but nothing connected to the motherboard.

Not a commander pro but my case came with a 6 fan controller for fans and a 6 fan controller for RGB. Works perfectly. People talking about usage spikes and such must not have any performance to play with if thats the case as it makes zero difference to games and or programs running.

Associate
OP
Not a commander pro but my case came with a 6 fan controller for fans and a 6 fan controller for RGB. Works perfectly. People talking about usage spikes and such must not have any performance to play with if thats the case as it makes zero difference to games and or programs running.
Is the fan controller USB connected? Or how does it show up in iCUE?

And yea... I run iCUE too for my RGB control. Have no issues with performance as a result.

Soldato
Aquaero even the lite (LT) versions which I have are probably the best way.

I have mine adjust with gpu temp and it’s a great piece of hardware. Can have fans off or at whatever percentage via a speed curve.

And that’s just the fans but they can be used for much more. I have mine emergency shutdown the system should my pumps stop or high temps when I’m not at the pc or gaming.

The fans startup at a set default speed or whatever you want so no max speed until system post which really bugged me with controlling via motherboard or other fan controllers.

Soldato

have 5900x its not so much about effecting performance its more about tweaking the system as best I can , it actually lowered idle temps 2-3c and using 10-15 less watts at idle yes its not massive difference but I can settle knowing I tweaked it best I can

Back
Top Bottom