• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5 5600G and Ryzen 7 5700G coming in August.

Associate
They are price at $359 and $259:
https://www.techpowerup.com/282800/amd-announces-ryzen-5000g-and-pro-5000g-desktop-processors

So it should work out at approximately £300 and £220,if you include VAT and current exchange rates. Changes over the CPUs include a reduction in L3 cache to 16MB abd 24 PCI-E 3.0 lanes instead of 24 PCI-E 4.0 lanes. Essentially these are the Ryzen 7 5700X and Ryzen 5 5600 non-X in the range for now.

If this is the approximate price for a 5700G (£300), then count me in. I'll keep an eye out for this. Does OCUK have pre-order notifications by email once expressed an interest?

Soldato
I can see the merit in these CPUs if you want to run without a GPU but for someone looking at one as a temporary measure until they can get a GPU or as a discounted 5000 series then the performance with discreet graphics is quite weak and more akin to a 3000 series CPU and even quite a bit below Intel 10/11th gen which can also be used in that situation.

Associate
Reading reviews online, shows the performance roughly equal (270X probably ahead by ~5%).

Saying that, in modern titles that integrate FSR it will probably lead to the desktop cezanne chips being 20% faster!

**Please Creative Assembly, put FSR in Warhammer 2 so i can game on an ultrabook...**

Stu

Stu

Soldato
For those eyeing up these chips as an alternative to a 5600x or 5800x, is the lack of PCIE4 support going to be an issue next year when Direct Storage starts being implemented?

Man of Honour
For those eyeing up these chips as an alternative to a 5600x or 5800x, is the lack of PCIE4 support going to be an issue next year when Direct Storage starts being implemented?
Last I heard, PCI-E 3.0 will work fine with DirectStorage?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Last I heard, PCI-E 3.0 will work fine with DirectStorage?

I'm aware that it'll work, but will there be a significant performance hit for PCI-E 3.0 vs 4.0? Idk, but I'm sure someone more technical than me can work it out. In reality, I'm guessing there will be a notable difference on paper/benchmark, but little difference in user experience.

Associate
I'm aware that it'll work, but will there be a significant performance hit for PCI-E 3.0 vs 4.0? Idk, but I'm sure someone more technical than me can work it out. In reality, I'm guessing there will be a notable difference on paper/benchmark, but little difference in user experience.
The NVMe protocol is an important part of DirectStorage I think, which is why PCIe 3.0 will also gain.
When you consider that a high end PCIe 3.0 drive will beat a low end version 4 drive, it would make no sense to disqualify them.
So yes, MS will probably make PCIe 4.0 mandatory. :D

As for how much the higher bandwidth of PCIe 4.0 will help, too early to say.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Xbox series X runs a mid range gen 3.0 nvme perfectly well with direct storage.

Associate
Does anyone know if the 5600g and 5700g will be compatible with the MSI B450m mortax max motherboard? If they are, what ram speed would people recommend for a low power home server?

Man of Honour
Does anyone know if the 5600g and 5700g will be compatible with the MSI B450m mortax max motherboard? If they are, what ram speed would people recommend for a low power home server?
Not on the CPU list from what I can see. Do you know which agesa they arelte to?

Associate
I find it really confusing as the update for Ryzen 5000 series CPU was released a while back, just not sure if that means the 5700g though
I doubt it as they are a different series of chips.
The APUs or whatever they call them now were released later, so will require a newer firmware update.
You need to look at the manufacturer's site for precise details.

Back
Top Bottom