UEFA Euro 2020 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Exactly, any time the goal keeper is man of the match (as was Schmeichel in this case) it normally indicates that the other side were far the better side and it was the keeper that kept them in it.

yep, pity he's not English, top goalkeeper.

If it had gone to penalties, and he'd saved a couple, he would have won that game for Denmark single-handedly

Soldato
I hope we see all these England supporters in the PL threads in a few weeks time
I'm rare one when it comes to that; I went to the World Cup in Brazil but have never watched my 'supported' PL team at home. :rolleyes: A case for supporting your local team instead of the favoured/best one in the land when you're a kid. ;) (i.e. many Man Utd and Liverpool fans!)

Soldato
Fair play getting to the final, if they have the game of their life they may be able to win but Italy are on one hell of a win streak

Associate
Can’t believe bookies have us as favourites.

Why can't you believe it? I know it's flavour of the month to be down on England but they are ranked better than Italy, have had a very successful path through the tournament and have the home advantage with the entire capacity of Wembley behind them.

Why on earth would the bookies rank Italy as favourites? Genuinely confused.

Associate
Why can't you believe it? I know it's flavour of the month to be down on England but they are ranked better than Italy, have had a very successful path through the tournament and have the home advantage with the entire capacity of Wembley behind them.

Why on earth would the bookies rank Italy as favourites? Genuinely confused.

Italy have overcome tougher opponents in the last two rounds than England have on their path to the final and are on a big unbeaten streak, coupled with a good H2H record (not that it actually counts for anything but it seems to be taken into consideration by bookies). Based on that it's not hard to see how bookies could have favoured them.

As it is I think home advantage is the only thing swaying it England's way. I'd be very surprised if it's not a tight contest.

Man of Honour
Fair play getting to the final, if they have the game of their life they may be able to win but Italy are on one hell of a win streak

An Italian/American friend in NYC WhatsApped me to say that it was the final that he’d hoped for.
“All we, (Italy), have to worry about is England’s pace, but Bastoni and Chiellini, (if he plays), will have your guys legs off, and make it look like the England player was committing the foul.”

There's a difference between outcome and intent. He may have had the intent but there was no negative outcome.

So with a gazillion cameras on us, if I fired a gun at you and missed, the police would say, “Okay Jean, you meant to shoot him but you missed and he’s not hurt, now go home and don’t do it again.”
Gimme a break.

It may well be disrespect (and a lot more!) between some countries, but I don't think the vast majority of English fans booing last night have any ill feeling towards the nation of Denmark or Danish people.

So booing means “We love you and your country, welcome to England”, I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom