Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Thanks for the quick reply! yeah we would go through JL as they generally have the best after market support for large items like that. Cheers for the Top Cashback heads up! btw, do you have a smart meter and have you noticed much difference in power usage compared to the last one?

No worries, I'm off work this week and I'm taking a break from DIY today and sorting out my new NAS. I don't have smart meters installed currently so I can't comment on the electricity usage I'm afraid.

Looks good, weve looked at a few and this one felt higher quality. I've got no interest in the see through door but wanted good handing/hinging etc.

For the water feed, does it have a reservoir of water in it so it keeps it cool (reason being is I think my cold pipe is near a rad pipe or hot pipe so comes in lukewarm unless I run it for a while)

Could you buy an extra length warranty with JL?

Do you mean you have a seperate fridge still in the house also?

I didn't care about the see-through glass but the long haired general saw it in the shop and wanted it. :D

You can get one with an internal 4L (from memory) reservoir. Since ours is only a few cupboards away from the sink and thus cold water feed we went for that one. I'm unsure how much it stores in the fridge but it must have it chilled as it also makes ice with the feed.

The currently installed and integrated fridge is comically small with an overly large freezer compartment. We may get rid of the unit to free up space but we wanted to see how we get along with the new one and if it's large enough for everything. We buy shopping in bulk and cook from fresh so food takes up a lot of room in the fridge and my mrs likes her wine and I like my beer which takes up more room! So we might replace the integrated fridge/freezer with just a small fridge and have half of the cupboard back for space.

I didn't buy the extra warranty but I might contact JL to take it out as it's an expensive item.

Soldato
For the plugs, yeah or mine does anyway. It's essentially the same as using the app.
Not the OP but I've found this to be a fortunate coincidence. Ideally you leave the power switch "on" and then 'hope' the device comes out of standby when it gets power.

My Delonghi ESAM doesn't do that, so it gives no benefit to use a WiFi plug as it doesn't come out of standby automatically.

My IKEA kitchen lights however, remember the last state - so come powered on at the right dimness :cool:

Useful to know, thank you both.

Soldato
I didn't care about the see-through glass but the long haired general saw it in the shop and wanted it. :D

You can get one with an internal 4L (from memory) reservoir. Since ours is only a few cupboards away from the sink and thus cold water feed we went for that one. I'm unsure how much it stores in the fridge but it must have it chilled as it also makes ice with the feed.

Aye im going to get the plumbed version, I dislike the ones you have to fill up/never use the current one. Do you find the fridge loud? One of the key criteria for our new one is that it's quiet (current Samsung one has always been loud!)

Soldato
Why would you need a WiFi-enabled socket adapter? What possible features do you need from a socket adapter other than being an adapter? Does the plug change from EU to US, etc. via WiFi?

What else have you missed out on whilst living under that rock?

Man of Honour
Unchanged from last time really.... mostly. Fewer items on the desk, new mouse mat and that's it :p

If it ain't broke, nothing needs fixing lol.

Unless mean the PC? In which case binned the HDDs inside, all SSDs now, and the RTX upgrade mid last year.

Man of Honour
Aye im going to get the plumbed version, I dislike the ones you have to fill up/never use the current one. Do you find the fridge loud? One of the key criteria for our new one is that it's quiet (current Samsung one has always been loud!)
It's really quiet, the only noise you can hear is the ice landing in the collector tray now and then. I'm very pleased with it.

Caporegime
Bought an Asrock A520M-HVS for $55. Opened but unused, less than a month old and the seller has agreed to honour warranty if I have any issues.

l3ev7a.png

fkz76k.png

Perfect for an HTPC I'm building.

Last edited:
Associate
A pizza thing, waiting for the Ooni to arrive tomorrow.

51312036134_fa55f9e933_c.jpg

Also some handlebars, waiting on my wife's bike to come back from the carbon repair place.

51310578377_f65b86291b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom