Spec based around a 3080

Associate
went for a RM850x(new one , where fan side is a lot more perforated as comes with 10yrs warranty) in my build. Got a 3080fe also but hopefully if I upgrade anything in the future, it'll still be ok. I actually had the same mobo but switched to a b550 in the end. didn't see much point as wasn't going to be using all the gen 4 pcie lanes that x570 provides(but Tomahawk still great board so if you're happy with X570, it's still the oneI'd go for)

Soldato

Looks like a handsome, flashy build! Someone else can confirm that the PSU is enough for the 3080 / 5900X combo but otherwise it seems to be fine. The case you switched out is the same size so if everything fit in the first, the replacement should be fine providing there are no bizarre design "features" limiting space.

Soldato
OP
Yeah will stick with the mobo I think as need Wifi, speeds I get on my powerline adapters are rubbish.

The Phanteks fan pack will that be OK with the case, notice it says ideally suited to the Phanteks eclipse case range

Man of Honour
Yeah will stick with the mobo I think as need Wifi, speeds I get on my powerline adapters are rubbish.

The Phanteks fan pack will that be OK with the case, notice it says ideally suited to the Phanteks eclipse case range
In your build you have the lian li case not the phantecs is that what you want or the p400 case ?

Personally i wouldnt mix rgb fans get the p400 case if you want the fans yo match.

Last edited:
Soldato

They're 120mm fans so they'll be the same size as the three that come with the case you've picked.
Any reason you are replacing the case fans? I replaced my Fractal Meshify case fans with Noctua fans because I wanted silence. If you just want the RGB you do already have that with your case fans.

Soldato
OP
TBH they're just in there copied across for dfour's build which was using the Phanteks P400A DRGB case, I assumed they were to act as additional case fans for top/bottom, as that case includes 3 front in take fans anyway.

I'm wanting the Lian Li Lancool ii mesh RGB case

Man of Honour
TBH they're just in there copied across for dfour's build which was using the Phanteks P400A DRGB case, I assumed they were to act as additional case fans for top/bottom, as that case includes 3 front in take fans anyway.

I'm wanting the Lian Li Lancool ii mesh RGB case
I think theese are the same fans for the mesh rgb but get Overclockers to confirm.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...MI4pHslKHn8QIVM-7mCh262Qs_EAQYAiABEgJt0fD_BwE

Spend the extra £10 and get the 850w rm psu will cover you upto a 3090.

Soldato
There was a better bios flash video that I had to follow on YouTube as the MSI instructions miss out a few points. I'll see if I can find it.

Soldato
Are you going to use all the cores/threads with work? If not a 5800X is good at around the £300 mark. That price kind of hurts as I paid £450 for mine.

Soldato
Im glad you liked my suggestions. :)

I only specced the phantecs fans to match the ones in the phantecs case I specced. I would go with the lian-li ones to match the ones in the case as much as possible .

I only specced the phantecs case as the lan cool 2 had already been specced amnd wanted you to have options although I would probably go with the lan cool myself if i was choosing between both. Mainly because I like lain-li cases and have an 011 dynamic atm.

@Cadder I think the OP said he does VM work.

Soldato
OP
Post a pic when your done.

Enjoy.

Heads up

You may have to update the bios on the motherboard for the cpu to work this can be done with bios flashback feature no need for a cpu.

There was a better bios flash video that I had to follow on YouTube as the MSI instructions miss out a few points. I'll see if I can find it.

Think I found a decent one thanks Cadder, got all ready, formatted the USB, downloaded BIOS renamed to MSI.ROM.

Turns out I'm lucky the MB box has a 5000 series ready sticker slapped on it :D

Waiting for the CPU to be delivered. DPD local is odd though receive an email saying your delivery is scheduled for the 19th but the tracking information says "We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel". How's that work!

Edit: Turns out it's not been sent yet, one more day to wait

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
I went for the faster (and less storage) drive as my OS and programs drive. I have the larger capacity, slightly slower drive for storage and games

Back
Top Bottom