Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I was really enjoying the season with RBR actually providing some interesting challenge to Mercedes thus far, however after seeing that petition and the way the team principal has gone about this, I honestly hope they lose everything, totally unsporting behaviour and a disgusting way to try an manipulate a basic racing incident.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm liable to just turn off the TV this weekend if Sky so much as leave a microphone anywhere accessible by Horner.

It's going to be tedious AF because these channels will be chomping at the bit to try to get as much from him and Toto as possible to try to make it even more of a show, enticing them to fire more shots publicly. I hope Mercedes literally across the board state "no comment" kind of responses and want to focus on talking about this weekend's race. They don't need to say anything more. Let Redbull embarrass themselves further, as they simply won't be able to hold back and will talk more rubbish, further digging holes.

Soldato
I'd like to see Verstappen cut across other drivers and again end up punted off the track. Any driver would be fine, but Hamilton doing it again would be especially good (he has said he's looked at the incident and would make the same move again).

Soldato
I'd like to see Verstappen cut across other drivers and again end up punted off the track. Any driver would be fine, but Hamilton doing it again would be especially good (he has said he's looked at the incident and would make the same move again).

I'd like to see Lewis on pole and Max try to reach 60G this time.

Capodecina
Soldato
Mercedes have accused Red Bull of a “concerted attempt to tarnish Lewis Hamilton’s good name and sporting integrity” as the Formula One war of words raged on.

Less than an hour after it emerged Red Bull had failed in their attempts to convince the FIA to review Hamilton’s 10-second penalty Mercedes hit back at their title rivals.

In a statement, the world champions said: “The Mercedes F1 Team welcomes the decision of the stewards to reject Red Bull Racing’s right of review. In addition to bringing this incident to a close, we hope that this decision will mark the end of a concerted attempt by the senior management of Red Bull Racing to tarnish the good name and sporting integrity of Lewis Hamilton, including in the documents submitted for their unsuccessful right of review." (LINK)
I really do think that the FIA should take some action against Horner and Red BS for their "concerted attempt to tarnish Lewis Hamilton’s good name and sporting integrity”. This was a deliberate attack on an individual and by association, on the verdict of the Stewards.

Soldato
That last section is intriguing.

they seem to be saying that some of what's in Red Bull's letter is dodgy. That if they had chosen to formally review the letter, Red Bull themselves would actually have been in trouble. They've given them an out by saying that as it didn't even meet the criteria for a review, they haven't officially read the letter.

Maybe this is another way of saying - if you don't drop it now, it's going to result in punishment for you, not for Mercedes.

Soldato
That last section is intriguing.

they seem to be saying that some of what's in Red Bull's letter is dodgy. That if they had chosen to formally review the letter, Red Bull themselves would actually have been in trouble. They've given them an out by saying that as it didn't even meet the criteria for a review, they haven't officially read the letter.

Maybe this is another way of saying - if you don't drop it now, it's going to result in punishment for you, not for Mercedes.
Apparently RedBull straight up accused Hamilton of crashing Max off the track on purpose. That's what's it's referring to

Soldato
I find all the 'how dare you tarnish the name of Saint Lewis' stuff from Merc a bit much...after all, this is the guy who was once a willing part of a conspiracy to get another driver wrongly penalised 25 seconds just to gain one lousy point extra ;)

I mean I get your point but that was what 12 years ago or something? Quiet abit of water has passed under that bridge by now.

I'd definitely not call anyone in F1 a Saint they are all looking for that competitive edge and often enter into "grey" areas and beyond.

To do all of this so publicly and from the level of management it's coming from just seems bad taste.
They all need to suck it up and let their frustrations fuel race results.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I mean I get your point but that was what 12 years ago or something? Quiet abit of water has passed under that bridge by now.

Sure. But how long were people wanging on about Schumacher-Hill or Schumacher-Villeneuve? Easily as long ;)

I'd definitely not call anyone in F1 a Saint they are all looking for that competitive edge and often enter into "grey" areas and beyond.

To do all of this so publicly and from the level of management it's coming from just seems bad taste.
They all need to suck it up and let their frustrations fuel race results.

Absolutely agree.

Associate
"Red Bull’s evidence in the review of Lewis Hamilton’s British GP penalty consisted of a PowerPoint presentation and footage of Alex Albon recreating the lines the Brit took."

Seems obvious to me what RBR did wrong... they needed George Russell to do their Powerpoint presentation!!! :D

Associate
Anyone recall Schumachers broken leg at Silverstone 99? Crowd cheered (obv didnt know he broke leg at that time). Much as I dont like some drivers a nasty crash you wouldnt wish on anyone

Soldato
So they used a day filming Albon about that corner lol?...Hang on, isnt Horner also complaining theirs no money to fix his car?
Man, this is one of the worst PR disasters I have seen. They where the ones that crashed out, but now they look like hateful clowns lol.

Associate
So they used a day filming Albon about that corner lol?...Hang on, isnt Horner also complaining theirs no money to fix his car?
Man, this is one of the worst PR disasters I have seen. They where the ones that crashed out, but now they look like hateful clowns lol.

plus Merc found GPS data proving Max went 1kph faster into corner with a fully loaded 100kg fueled car on harder tyres than he did with light car, soft tyres in Q3... so Max wasnt gonna make the corner...

Soldato
I read somewhere they also had Perez in the Simulator as well for some other slides?

The rules are clear, as the letter states, that it has to be 'discovered and not created' evidence, so both Albon on track and Perez in the simulator, two parts of the alleged evidence fail that incredibly basic test...

I kinda don't get it, clearly they didn't have any new evidence (the Stewards have access to the same GPS data RB have, if not more accurate data as well), they spent time/money on a clearly flawed appeal. Why?

They have the fastest car, they should win the championship with ease, why are they continuing to waste time and effort on this? Do they have some worries about the rest of the championship that don't seem clear to anyone else, even if they need an extra set of PU components and get 0 points they should still win the championship... Just can't quite make sense of it all...

Back
Top Bottom