Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Lol, what an embarrassing end to it for Red Bull.

Horner should have just said "We think Lewis was in the wrong on this occasion, but this is racing" and just moved on.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
During the Pirelli test they had Albon (I think?) take a car out and try and replicate Lewis' line through Copse. So the stewards took the view that it wasn't new evidence, merely a re-enactment, and tossed it.

So they pretty much wasted a whole tyre test on this rubbish.

Man of Honour
During the Pirelli test they had Albon (I think?) take a car out and try and replicate Lewis' line through Copse. So the stewards took the view that it wasn't new evidence, merely a re-enactment, and tossed it.

So they pretty much wasted a whole tyre test on this rubbish.
Embarrassing to be honest, if everyone stuck to the racing line there'd never be anyone overtaking. How dare drivers deviate from the 'accepted' racing line.

Soldato
"<insert driver here> had the racing line" is a complete fallacy anyway. You have to allow racing room.

There's fine margins involved, and sometimes irresistible force meets immovable object at 180mph. Doesn't mean it's attempted murder, just that one of them should have backed out to protect a 33 point championship lead instead of playing chicken.

Soldato
So not only was there "evidence" in the document but more slagging off of Lewis by the sounds.

RBR management are a joke at this point.

Concentrate on winning the championship, it's theirs to lose at this point.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Part of me thinks this is all contrived. Sure the incident happened but I feel like the follow up from the Sunday has become akin to a reality TV show. Just headlines for marketing sake.

It's marred what is shaping up to be a decent title fight and needs to go away now. I don't want Lewis to get another title, I want him to sweat it a bit. It's all good for the sport but it is a stupid pantomime we could do without.

Man of Honour
Part of me thinks this is all contrived. Sure the incident happened but I feel like the follow up from the Sunday has become akin to a reality TV show. Just headlines for marketing sake.

It's marred what is shaping up to be a decent title fight and needs to go away now. I don't want Lewis to get another title, I want him to sweat it a bit. It's all good for the sport but it is a stupid pantomime we could do without.

Good for energy drink exposure and sales I guess.

Soldato
I do, the sooner he gets his 8th the sooner he will make way for (hopefully) Russell.

Given his Cheshire cat grin earlier, I think Russell will be fine.

Good for energy drink exposure and sales I guess.

I detest the stuff anyway, so they won't be too disappointed I'll now buy less of nothing. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what is worse, rbr using albon to replicate a racing line during a tyre test considering how slow he is or ferrari using chandoks sky sports piece for rejoin the track as a piece of evidence.

Soldato
Marko said they would "bring new facts that were not available to us at the time of the race interruption or when the whole thing was dealt with". So they ran a private test to manufacture data with a different driver in a different car in different weather on a different date and got thrown out. For a team that deal in science and engineering to design and setup the cars, running that sort of uncontrolled "experiment" is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom