Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
They have the fastest car, they should win the championship with ease, why are they continuing to waste time and effort on this? Do they have some worries about the rest of the championship that don't seem clear to anyone else, even if they need an extra set of PU components and get 0 points they should still win the championship... Just can't quite make sense of it all...

We'll see at the end of the season. Max's actions contributed towards reducing their drivers title lead from 33 points to 8.

In apparently trying to smear Hamilton and whingeing about the written off car, they're trying to avoid facing their primary issue - the lump of flesh behind the wheel of their own car that had a direct effect on the outcome. If Max can stop trying to win every single corner and look at the bigger championship picture, they'll have a much better chance.

Soldato

As always we see this until the driver has matured and they start to come to the realisation that a race can't be won on the 1st lap but can definitely be lost.

I can only imagine how much the pressure and adrenaline is built up at the start of a F1 GP when you are at the front, he's going to have to learn to control it every race if he wants to be the best out there.

I normally stuff up my first few laps of a rent a kart go kart race due to being too excited :D

Associate
They've done it so the next time Max punts off Hamilton or another the Stewards will go more heavily on the offender (which obviously won't be Max). Or anytime in the future if Lewis or Max has a coming together, Max will appear to be the Angel, and the old 51g and Hospital visit will rise again.

Associate
As always we see this until the driver has matured and they start to come to the realisation that a race can't be won on the 1st lap but can definitely be lost.

I can only imagine how much the pressure and adrenaline is built up at the start of a F1 GP when you are at the front, he's going to have to learn to control it every race if he wants to be the best out there.

I normally stuff up my first few laps of a rent a kart go kart race due to being too excited :D

The thing is, Max has pretty much the championship sewn up, the RB is significantly faster than the Merc and he doesnt need to take stupid risks, but I don't think Max is bright enough to realise this.

Soldato

Max has been in F1 for 7 years now. OK, he started young. Red Bull doesn't appear in this case to be the best environment to instil maturity.

Taking someone else who started young and is a top driver ... Kimi won a WDC through maturity at this point in his career in a slower car, after the McLaren civil war of 2007.

They've done it so the next time Max punts off Hamilton or another the Stewards will go more heavily on the offender (which obviously won't be Max). Or anytime in the future if Lewis or Max has a coming together, Max will appear to be the Angel, and the old 51g and Hospital visit will rise again.

I can't see that factoring into it. The stewards punish the driving infraction, not the end result and the penalties come off a prescribed list. One reason why Red Bulls screaming of "51G" and "£1.3m write off" into any microphone they could find was utterly irrelevant. Intentional wrecking a la Schumacher would likely trigger different rules for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Soldato
Pretty naive on their part if that's the case, because none of this will impact the decision of any future events.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I had this nagging thought that we'd been here before, so I did a quick search. From the Off Topic thread back in November 2013, when RBR's star driver of the time was getting flak from almost every direction:

I'm sorry but either Horner or Vettel just need to have a computer with internet access to find out why he is disliked so much instead of going "we don't understand why".

Quite. I can't decide whether Horner blaming other drivers indicates supreme arrogance or fretful uncertainty. Maybe he really doesn't understand why his boy wonder isn't being praised to the hills by every single race fan. After all, from their point of view Vettel really is the greatest thing to ever happen to the team - a driver talented enough to win and young enough to win a lot.

Replace 'Vettel' with 'Verstappen' and precious little has changed! Horner still can't understand why his boy isn't universally loved. And then this gem, when it's pointed out how much racist abuse heads Lewis' way:

Soldato
Haven't read the later pages of this thread so it might have been mentioned. There's an F1 show on 5 live and they played a couple of interviews from Ham and Max. Hamilton said he'd called Max telling him he's sorry about what happened, hoped he's ok and about the respect he has for him. He said but it wasn't reciprocated by Max. Then Max said yes, Lewis called him, the details of which he doesn't need to go into, but that it was extremely disrespectful for Lewis to wave the flag around on the podium while he had been pushed off the track and into hospital.

So this is great, serious animosity, a bit like with Nico Rosberg. :D

Soldato
RB are playing a dangerous game to be honest. Its all very well trying to take this weird moral high ground about this crash but they are going to look like absolute muppets if there's an incident where the roles are reversed...

I didn't like them and their rancid fizzy **** before but somehow they've become even more unlikeable.

Back
Top Bottom