Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Think the only thing that hasn't been leaked is the price at this point, do we care to take a stab at guesses?

Pixel 4XL came in at £829 I believe but expecting Pro version of this to fetch quite a bit higher.

Caporegime
Didn't Google only expect to sell 3 million Pixel phones in total last time around with the 4a expected to sell the best due to it's low price?

Their top end phone, regardless of specs and performance, won't sell well if they price it too high. They don't have the brand recognition that Apple and Samsung have and very few people have even heard of the Pixel brand due to the non existent marketing.

I'm hoping for around £7-800 but I'm expecting £1000+

Soldato
Google has announced the 6 and is slowly tweeting out more info, Whitechapel officially branded as Google Tensor: https://twitter.com/madebygoogle/status/1422226005339557889

qkTd4I6.jpg

Summary of the tweets:

• Both the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro will come in 3 colour combos.
  • 6 Pro will have 3 cameras, including telephoto. 6 will not have telephoto, leaving 2 cameras.
  • Google Tensor has been designed with AI and ML in mind which should significantly boost camera processing and speech recognition, as well as other things. No example photos yet.
  • Material You on Android 12 will be best on Pixel 6 (OEMs will use their own skins anyway).
  • Tensor will allow better voice commands, translations, captioning and dictation.
  • More hardware security, although not much information has been given on this.
  • Both will be arriving this Autumn

More information will be available here in future: https://store.google.com/magazine/google_pixel_6

Other things I've noticed from this tweet in particular, the 6 Pro has curved edges while the normal 6 uses a flat display. The curved edges looks like it's on the far side like the recent Samsung phones, so it shouldn't be too bad, but hard to say until the actual physical device is available for hands on.

I'm still tempted to go for the normal 6, hopefully it doesn't miss out on too many features from the Pro, and hopefully Google doesn't gimp the storage like previous Pixel phones.

Last edited:
It's like the anti pixel 5.

I almost definitely will be skipping this year, but then I almost definitely will be struggling to resist once they do their usual event for this phone, assuming there is one this year?

Associate
"Apple" space grey for me (however don't think I can return to a big phone after the 5, I hope the 6a comes in a compact form)

https://twitter.com/Sunil95652448/status/1413247566477676551

Google Pixel 6 - Full Specifications & render
6.4″ AMOLED
White Chapel Chip
50MP+ 12MP rear Camera with flash
8MP Selfie
4614mAh Battery
8GB Ram
Android 12

Google Pixel 6 Pro -
White Chapel chip
6.71" P-OLED
50MP + 48MP + 12MP rear Camera with flash
12MP Selfie
12gb ram
5000mAh Battery
Android 12

Soldato
Having had every Nexus and pixel... Count me in regardless :D

But pro might be to big for me now I am into running 3 times a week since lock down and struggle to get my 5 into my running bum bag

Soldato
Will see how the 6a shapes up. Really can't see myself going back to a large heavy glass phone after using the pixel 5 for the last 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom