**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
When you say empty community folder, can I just pop the folder contents into a temp folder to hold them, then once installation is done, move the files back into the community folder?
All you need to to to take out your old community folder is rename it. MSFS2020 will create a blank new one when it starts.

Soldato
@robfosters like picnic said you can just rename it.

Personally I use addon linker which stores the files elsewhere and creates symbolic links in the community folder, so all I have to do is unclick/click to have something (or everything) move in or out of the community folder.

Associate
Re. the community folder renaming etc Isn't it about time that this was part of the installation process and done automatically when you install an update

Associate
I'm happy with the way it is. I actually don't do anything with my Community folder unless the game crashes. Then I'll take it out to see if it's the cause.

@Zeeflyboy - Good point about the Addon Linker, I use this all the time and should have mentioned it.

Caporegime
Got that new OrbX GB central the other day. It’s pretty good, excellently detailed landmarks. The only problem is that some bits, like stadiums, pop up really late. I don’t know if it’s the addons fault or the sims fault.

Definitely worth £9 though.

Soldato
Might be that they haven’t added sufficient LODs as per the SU5 update yet… it changed the rules around how LODs are displayed.

I like the sound of it, but I’d rather a single full UK mod.

Caporegime
Might be that they haven’t added sufficient LODs as per the SU5 update yet… it changed the rules around how LODs are displayed.

I like the sound of it, but I’d rather a single full UK mod.

Since the hotfix, have you had any trouble putting a cruise altitude into the navlog page on the world map? It wont let me change it from 3000ft.

Soldato
Not touched the game for a while but just gone back to it and I cannot for the life of me sort my rudder pedals out.

I have the Thrustmaster T-Pedals and they have worked fine before. The problem I have is that the "centred" position is just not in the centre, its locked on hard right. When I put the pedal right it goes right, but then it doesn't seem to be able to go left.

Have checked the sensitivity settings in MSFS2020 but I can't adjust it so the blob is in the centre of the chart when the controls are centred. Driving me nuts this.

Edit:

Oh my days....figured it out....turns out there is a tiny little switch on the cable to switch it from "car" to "plane" mode. Good grief. That drove me MAD!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone else have the issue where whenever there is an update (mandatory) released, the game will not ******* update!?

I've had this now for the last 2 updates, and now with this new hotfix won't update.

I launch the game, get the message about the mandatory update which then launches Microsoft store. Do the usual check for updates and nothing. It's an endless loop. The ONLY way I could fix it (ie play the ******* game) the last 2 times was to completely uninstall and reinstall it. It's a massive download and I can't be doing with having to redownload everything, every time there's an update - takes about 2 days!

Caporegime
Does anyone else have the issue where whenever there is an update (mandatory) released, the game will not ******* update!?

I've had this now for the last 2 updates, and now with this new hotfix won't update.

I launch the game, get the message about the mandatory update which then launches Microsoft store. Do the usual check for updates and nothing. It's an endless loop. The ONLY way I could fix it (ie play the ******* game) the last 2 times was to completely uninstall and reinstall it. It's a massive download and I can't be doing with having to redownload everything, every time there's an update - takes about 2 days!
Normally I just doa reboot, go to the store without launching the game, go to updates and it’s already downloading

Soldato
Nope, tried EVERYTHING just like the last few times. It just will not update anymore. And even when I totally uninstall and reinstall this does not fix the update issue. Every time a game update gets released, I have to completely uninstall and reinstall the whole game.

What a total ******* joke Gamepass/ Windows games are. How can you run all the computers in the world and not be able to make a game installer that works.

UPDATE - Nothing worked so tried uninstalling and starting a new download like I've done in the past. Now even this does not work. Just the same thing. How. Can. This. Be. *******. Possible.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nope, tried EVERYTHING just like the last few times. It just will not update anymore. And even when I totally uninstall and reinstall this does not fix the update issue. Every time a game update gets released, I have to completely uninstall and reinstall the whole game.

What a total ******* joke Gamepass/ Windows games are. How can you run all the computers in the world and not be able to make a game installer that works.

UPDATE - Nothing worked so tried uninstalling and starting a new download like I've done in the past. Now even this does not work. Just the same thing. How. Can. This. Be. *******. Possible.
If you redownload the entire game, all the updates and hot fixes will be included

Back
Top Bottom