**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Got that new OrbX GB central the other day. It’s pretty good, excellently detailed landmarks. The only problem is that some bits, like stadiums, pop up really late. I don’t know if it’s the addons fault or the sims fault.

Definitely worth £9 though.
I’m a sucker for orbx stuff!

Soldato
Does anyone else have the issue where whenever there is an update (mandatory) released, the game will not ******* update!?

I've had this now for the last 2 updates, and now with this new hotfix won't update.

I launch the game, get the message about the mandatory update which then launches Microsoft store. Do the usual check for updates and nothing. It's an endless loop. The ONLY way I could fix it (ie play the ******* game) the last 2 times was to completely uninstall and reinstall it. It's a massive download and I can't be doing with having to redownload everything, every time there's an update - takes about 2 days!

Normally no, although once I've had to launch the game for it to then find there was an update available.

This time however, the thing simply wouldn't show an update on the store (windows or xbox) no matter how many times I rebooted, tried to run the game (which would then kick me out telling me I needed to update, only to fail to find me an update in the store).

The only solution for me was to restart gaming services, then the update appeared. Clearly a MS store issue rather than an Asobo specific issue, but infuriating none the less. Make sure also that you aren't relying on a reboot to try and fix things, do a full shutdown (hold shift key while clicking shut down, or open an elevated command prompt and type "shutdown /s /f /t 0").

Do you have the xbox app installed?

Last edited:
Associate
I see this (The basic version) has now made it's way to game-pass , Only have a Gamepad .. Worth installing or is the experience not worth it without "proper" controls? Interested to see what people are playing with.

Soldato
I see this (The basic version) has now made it's way to game-pass , Only have a Gamepad .. Worth installing or is the experience not worth it without "proper" controls? Interested to see what people are playing with.
I think it’s been on game pass from day 1.

Be warned I started with a game pad (which is fine) and then bought a joystick and then a throttle quadrant and then pedals and then a second throttle quadrant…::

Associate
I think it’s been on game pass from day 1.

Be warned I started with a game pad (which is fine) and then bought a joystick and then a throttle quadrant and then pedals and then a second throttle quadrant…::

Thanks for the warning! Partly why i stopped playing ETS 2 !

Soldato
Why would I be getting less than my target FPS when CPU and GPU both well under 100%…say 85/65%?

installed on a dedicated SSD

thanks

Soldato
Would someone pls. confirm the version number after the second SU5 hot fix?

Many thanks.

Why would I be getting less than my target FPS when CPU and GPU both well under 100%…say 85/65%?

installed on a dedicated SSD

thanks

Most likely main thread limited (or other CPU limit)... You can check if you turn on dev mode and enable the frame counter - it'll tell you the limiting factor. CPU being at 65% ultimately means nothing and it can still be your limiting factor, it's not really as simple as when looking at GPU utilisation.

Back
Top Bottom