spiders in the house

Permabanned
our home is around 8 years old i have noticed there is quite a few spiders around high up, not the dark gritty type the light coloured ones with long legs.

do you get rid or leave them be ?

Soldato
get rid myself but its mostly when cleaning they just dont survive so its not like i go around killing them on purpose really

Soldato
There's a big spider in my porch that I have been feeding up. Late night flies are slow and easy to catch.

I have read a laser pointer will deal. with spiders, explosively. Not tried that out myself.

Soldato
Turn up the music, put on your dancing shoes, give their web a little tug and you can all boogie away together.

Those daddy long leg types are like spider assassins, they take out the big house spiders.

Soldato
I had a tiny one in the car that seemed to have an endless supply of web.

Also, there is a spider living in every single wing mirror.

Permabanned
OP
Up to you, they don't do any harm.

Personally I don't like spiders in the house, particularly celling ones that like to leave a trail of web at head level when I walk into a room

ahhhhh i am not that tall so no issues there, they do eat all the flies and stuff so will will leave them even though the kids go mad.

Soldato
I dont mind spiders, but every now and then you see something that looks like nothing on the UK Spider charts, and at that point it meets my shoe. I know someone who was hospitalised by a psycho spider bite. Not worth risking if it's not native. I would like to learn more though as I do wonder if the chart is just a bit limited and in need of an update/variation pics etc.

Soldato
Aren't the big ones with spindly legs meant to eat the big ones with chungus legs?

Apparently so, you would never have thought so looking at them.

They also make webs everywhere!! at least the housespiders are out of sight most of the time.

Soldato
Sounds like daddy long legs, they're well-behaved so just leave them be, they help you by eating other stuff you don't want in your house.
I draw the line at cupboard spiders tho, lots of those here.

Soldato
Those useless daddy long legs spiders (cellar spiders I think) that can't even climb a textured wall without constantly falling off get splatted. Proper meaty spiders have free reign.

Soldato
Leave them be aside from the false widows that reside(d) in our garage. They will likely keep the mosquito and fly population down... At least that's what I hope :)

Back
Top Bottom