Significant incident Plymouth

Soldato
LOL, what you going to do with a gun? Lol, hold it whilst peeing your self with the safety still on then shooting a family member by accident lol.
Ever had a known killer hold a gun at you?

Lots of posters itt think they need a gun and that’s the only thing stopping them being a big man able to do big things, when the reality is, they will always be weak and wimpy, it’s their nature, and no amount of equipment will change that. Best to stick to the running shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Yeah, imagine being able to defend yourself against someone attacking you.

The gun industry has to love a culture where the unpaid public promotes owning a gun to defend yourself against those other people who can also have a gun.

Why spend money on marketing when the consumers willingly agitate themselves and other about their weakness of not having a gun :p

Man of Honour
Lots of posters itt think they need a gun and that’s the only thing stopping them being a big man able to do big things, when the reality is, they will always be weak and wimpy, it’s their nature, and no amount of equipment will change that. Best to stick to the running shoes.

And there are lots that don't fit that rather blinkered view.

Caporegime
Sounds horrific, fortunately apparently not terror-related but small consolation given the number of victims, seemingly some sort of murder-suicide.

Pet Northerner
Don
Yet another thread about a serious issue being derailed by the usual suspects.

Because this is a serious incident and very news worthy I'm going to prune the thread thoroughly rather than binning it outright.

People who continue to take the thread away from discussing this very tragic incident will find themselves thread banned pronto.

On a personal note this is horrific and I feel for the victims and their families. RIP.

Soldato
Sounds horrific, fortunately apparently not terror-related but small consolation given the number of victims, seemingly some sort of murder-suicide.

Seems like it started out that way but then went to the local park to take out a couple more innocent bystanders, absolutely horrible. I wonder what the motive was? You wouldn't expect it to happen in Plymouth of all places.

Caporegime
Seems like it started out that way but then went to the local park to take out a couple more innocent bystanders, absolutely horrible. I wonder what the motive was? You wouldn't expect it to happen in Plymouth of all places.
Parts of Plymouth are drug riddled holes. It’s certainly not the idyllic English riviera image of Devon that most people have.

Soldato
Plymouths best days as a city built around the naval industry are long gone.

No amazing reason for over 200K people to be there anymore but they are so it continues. I reckon the best parts of it are the relics of its naval history and the sea views.

Doubt Plymouth being what it is has any bearing on this chap getting out a shotgun and going on a mass murder/suicide evening.

Soldato
Just horrific. I don’t know much about Plymouth, but the reality is this could happen anywhere in the Uk.

When I was living in Texas, colleagues would extol the virtues of ‘home protection’ everytime something like this happened. I used the think they were all nuts, but now and then I catch myself thinking about it :o

Back
Top Bottom